George Hirst

Guest Deleted member
5 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Forced to train with U18s - apart from when certain people are at Middlewood Road, in which case he has to vacate the premises. 

The situation has split the coaching staff right down the middle and is causing no end of trouble. 

His team mates were nearly fined for going to watch him play for England FFS

Totally pathetic

6 hours ago, billyblack said:

if he is as good as he thinks he is he should get 25 goals easily in div 1. 3 or 4k a week for 25 goals im sure most clubs would pay. however even of we got nothing towarda his wages and it cost us 500k a year, in a years or two years time he would still be worth something. should get at least a milion for him if not more so what have we lost?

You're still in shock from yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Who chooses whether he gets picked for the first team or not?

It isn't just that though is it? If Kivo is right about forcing him to train with the U18s, getting him to do one when "someone" visits and frowning on watching a player of ours represent England then all that may not be down to Carlos. Whoever is responsible if that was happening to one of my mates at work I'd be pissed off, unless there was a bloody good reason.

Just now, rickygoo said:

It isn't just that though is it? If Kivo is right about forcing him to train with the U18s, getting him to do one when "someone" visits and frowning on watching a player of ours represent England then all that may not be down to Carlos. Whoever is responsible if that was happening to one of my mates at work I'd be pissed off, unless there was a bloody good reason.

Hadn't seen this fresh evidence from Kivo.

All sounds a tad disturbing to say the least (if true)

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

How many games have you seen, actually seen, since Rhodes joined us in January?

How many of Rhodes career goals has he created out of nothing, or from where hes received the ball on the edge of the area, with his back to goal, when the ball has been received at chest height? Because thats how WE play the ball to him.

Rhodes is a sniffer, he needs the ball dropped into the box, crosses, through balls, passes that arent necessarily to feet, flicks off his head etc etc. We don't play like that. Carlos likes our wide men to take the ball into the box themselves - whether its FF, Wallace, Reach or whoever. We do not play to Rhodes strength. I dont give a flying f*** what he did at Middlesborough. He scored 6 goals in 18 appearances for them in the Championship (if you inc sub appearances) - in the same season that he scored 11 for Blackburn at the bottom end of the Championship. Hes an absolutely prolific Championship scorer. When you play to his strengths.

Having spent £10m on him - I'd much rather we played to his strengths - than try and get him to fit into a team that is failing

I agree with a lot of that, but are you saying that every time we sign a player we should change the style of play to suit them?.

No, what we should be doing is the homework on any player we are interested in, and will he fit into the style of play we have chosen to follow.

It is well documented in the recent past, 25 years, how we have brought players into the club without any thought of how they would fit in, DiCanio, Sibon, Jonk etc, we always seem to buy more in hope than expectation.

The Blunts have been spending money on their academy for the last 15years, to produce players. They now have a system of ALL players at any level, at the club ALL know what is expected of them and all the senior, Development players play the same system, so they can slip from squad to squad.

We, meanwhile, think we are a BIG club, which we are not, and as such, do not need to bother about things like Youth development, as we can always buy our way to success.

rounduns.

Guest 1banana2banana

Who runs this club ? 

Im bored of listening to this tripe 

listen chansiri and Carlos 

the fans want Hirst signed up and to be given a chance. After yesterday you should be listening to what they want 

now stop treating this club like some kind of faceless business and LISTEN 

19 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Will be making a point about one of his mates getting the chance to shine in the first team and taking it with both hands.

It's a point worth making. 

The George Hirst situation feels like something that will haunt us for far longer than Carlos is here. 

Fully agree and do not see this as anti-Wednesday at all. The lad should be given a chance. Maybe he would be collecting MoM awards instead of his England teammate 

It would've been nice to see GH progress with Wednesday, doesn't look like they're going to agree terms does it. He thinks he's worth more or that he deserves starting or on the first teams bench and the club thinks differently. No need to fall out over it, move him on and get the best terms possible. It may be just the conservative in me but I just can't bear people telling other people how to spend their money. Having said that, it is a forum I suppose.:manager:

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

Forced to train with U18s - apart from when certain people are at Middlewood Road, in which case he has to vacate the premises. 

The situation has split the coaching staff right down the middle and is causing no end of trouble. 

His team mates were nearly fined for going to watch him play for England FFS

What's the other side to the story then Kivo? Would be good to know.