George Hirst

5 minutes ago, Apple said:

Are you a George Hirst fan or a Sheffield Wednesday fan?

A Sheffield Wednesday fan- that's why I don't really care about George Hirst's tweet.

On the day we've been schooled by our biggest rivals on our own patch and dropped further off the pace, a tweet from a teenager who's barely kicked a ball for the first team (and almost certainly never will) doesn't really register on my Richter scale.

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Pedantic? I've directly quoted him!

As I said - huge over reaction from (presumably) grown men to a young lads tweet on social media. 

Why wouldn't we be bothered about it? 

Is it silly for grown men to cheer at a goal being scored or be disappointed when we lose? Why do we support Sheffield Wednesday? Bit pointless and childish isn't is? [sarcasm]

Of course this will annoy most people. His issue is with the club. What is liking this tweet going to achieve apart from disgruntlement of the fans that have supported and lobbied in his favour?

I often tell my 5 year old son, crying and showing off isn't going to get you what you want. Pity David didn't bring his son up in quite the same way.

20 minutes ago, scram said:

He's not being held to ransom - thats ridiculous

He's been in negotiations and can't reach agreement - happens all the time in football

Because of the impasse we need to move on and focus on the players who are going to be here - not inhibit their cahnces at the expense of a player who is leaving

I don't get why so many people seem to have difficulty with that

And if he is leaving, then why want we try to rise his value ? It is almost certain that it will go down to the tribunal, and we could have done more to increase fee we will be entitled to get.

9 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I won’t not sleep about it.

if hunt had retweeted it what would your reaction have been.

It’s wrong - you know it.

shouldnt have don’t it. 

It's not a case of it being right or wrong- it's so insignificant I don't care, and can't understand why people are so wound up by it.

Hirst is arguably playing a dangerous game, maybe he has a contact on offer from another club who knows but he could now be seen as a bit of a stroppy sod. Good comment made the other night on TS. Chelsea have won the FA youth cup 6 out of the last 8 years beating Man City the last 3 years yet how many of those players have become household names or even made it?

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

It's not a case of it being right or wrong- it's so insignificant I don't care, and can't understand why people are so wound up by it.

If it's that insignificant to you, exit the thread and let us complain about it?

You're just being contrary.

25 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

What are you talking about? He was offered a contract by us with a loan to follow, he turned the contract down so will now see out his time with the club until he can walk away on a free.

Wish it was simple as that

1 minute ago, Apple said:

Why wouldn't we be bothered about it? 

Is it silly for grown men to cheer at a goal being scored or be disappointed when we lose? Why do we support Sheffield Wednesday? Bit pointless and childish isn't is? [sarcasm]

Of course this will annoy most people. His issue is with the club. What is liking this tweet going to achieve apart from disgruntlement of the fans that have supported and lobbied in his favour?

I often tell my 5 year old son, crying and showing off isn't going to get you what you want. Pity David didn't bring his son up in quite the same way.

But it's not a goal, and it's not a refusal to play, and it's not turning up to training pi55ed, or turning up to pre season fat- it's a bloody tweet. By an 18 year old. Who doesn't /probably never will play.