George Hirst

17 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Hooper has scored in 5 in 5 so we must be creating something.

I was talking about this to a mate of mine yesterday and we both agreed that this was more testament to the finishing of Hooper than the midfield as looking back over our last 5 games, he's probably been given around 7 clear chances from our counting.

You only have to look at what playing for us has done to Jordan Rhodes, the most prolific striker in the Championship over the last 6 seasons to realise there's a problem creativity wise in our side.

The below quote from Jon Newsome absolutely nails it...

'. I honestly feel sorry for the strikers at Hillsborough at the minute. We have signed some very good proven goal scorers and yet every one of them is starved of quality service and chances resulting in their confidence being hit hard.'

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I was talking about this to a mate of mine yesterday and we both agreed that this was more testament to the finishing of Hooper than the midfield

Agreed. 

We are rigid. Have no fluidity , no fair or creativity. 

We rely on our experienced high earners and former top flight players to produce moments of magic from nothing. 

Only problem is. ..when they hit a ropey patch. 

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

yes  maybe. but at least hes on the pitch and doing something  unlike george

Nuhiu turns up at least. He knows the chances of getting a start are slim at best yet he gets on with it and does the job the manager asks him to. It's called being professional. 

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I was talking about this to a mate of mine yesterday and we both agreed that this was more testament to the finishing of Hooper than the midfield as looking back over our last 5 games, he's probably been given around 7 clear chances from our counting.

You only have to look at what playing for us has done to Jordan Rhodes, the most prolific striker in the Championship over the last 6 seasons to realise there's a problem creativity wise in our side.

The below quote from Jon Newsome absolutely nails it...

'. I honestly feel sorry for the strikers at Hillsborough at the minute. We have signed some very good proven goal scorers and yet every one of them is starved of quality service and chances resulting in their confidence being hit hard.'

Must be a problem at Boro as well  because he wasn't scoring there or playing much either

I am a Wednesdayite and I clapped Brooks off the pitch. OUR team were sh!t when us fans needed our team to perform in front of a sellout blue and white section again! This was not George Hirst's fault, he did not play and is not ready to play in games like this. It was not Brookes fault either, he is old enough and obviously was ready to play in a game like this, in front of all our fans and he showed us what a brilliant winger looks look like. If we had a scouting department or a recruitment department they could take note, but now that he has been identified as being able to perform at this level our chairman can save all his budget up for next year and maybe blow it on him or a player of the same calibre. IE already discovered, already proven at this level and already expensive. 

He was by far the best thing on the pitch irrespective of what colour he was wearing and any true football fan would appreciate his skills, this one being the one that really stood out. It underlined our desperation and inability to stop him in one lovely photo. Not to blame Hunt because he was by no means our worst performer, but to praise Brookes. Well done kid, I wish you played for us. 

What all the Carlos haters need to get into their thick heads is that a) CARLOS IS NOT IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT, b) CARLOS IS NOT IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT 

and c) CARLOS IS NOT IN CHARGE OF RECRUITMENT.

If we had anybody at all out there scouting players or recruiting players, we would not have to waste million upon million on players that do not fit in with the way we try to play. We would have pacey wingers who would not have cost us the earth and we would have had two centre halves and two pacey wingers two seasons back when Carlos first said that he wanted them rather than high wage and high cost players that do not fit in.

3 minutes ago, darra said:

Must be a problem at Boro as well  because he wasn't scoring there or playing much either

The facts speak for themselves, the most prolific goal scorer at Championship level in recent years and he now looks like a shadow of his former self, he looks lost when he comes on the pitch and completely devoid of any confidence.

I agree with Newsome and really do feel sorry for our strikers at the moment. In that United side that played us off the park yesterday, Jordan Rhodes playing regularly would have half a dozen goals so far this season.

Edited by TrickyTrev

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

The facts speak for themselves, the most prolific goal scorer at Championship level in recent years and he now looks like a shadow of his former self, he looks lost when he comes on the pitch and completely devoid of any confidence.

I agree with Newsome and really do feel sorry for our strikers at the moment. In that United side that played us off the park yesterday, Jordan Rhodes playing regularly would have half a dozen goals this season.

What part of Rhodes wasn't playing or scoring for Boro before he came to us did you not understand? 

Yeah we're really pissed off, lets all start picking on young George Hirst,

pathetic, 

Same mob no doubt that abuse and blame big Dave, Leon when he played for us, etc etc etc 

what i find incredible is that some of people liking this post are same people who defend Carlos, 

This result was the most predictable of the season, passionate blades supporting coach v a man who has bottled every crunch game we've played under him and has not given  any of our youngsters a chance since he arrived. no contest

brooks, young kid, man of the match, played without fear, well done.

the better team won, better get used to it nowt will change until we get a new head coach/manager

To all those big Dave haters out there, how much more passion and effort would we have seen if big Dave had been on the pitch yesterday instead of Fletcher?

A fully fit Fletcher, play him. A Fletcher carrying an injury? Play big Dave. I have never understood why we carry so many unfit players in one game. Players carrying injuries, players coming back from injuries and players who are not match fit should be playing in the development squad games and not even sat on the bench. We have enough fit players and youth team players to populate the matchday squad and 

Even Joao put up more of a fight than some of our big name, big price tag players yesterday. Players like him, big Dave and Semedo were never exactly nailed on first team players, but along with players like Hutch and Kieren Lee (who was quiet battling alone yesterday), they always stand up to be counted and get stuck in.

Guest Deleted member
11 minutes ago, darra said:

What part of Rhodes wasn't playing or scoring for Boro before he came to us did you not understand? 

How many games have you seen, actually seen, since Rhodes joined us in January?

How many of Rhodes career goals has he created out of nothing, or from where hes received the ball on the edge of the area, with his back to goal, when the ball has been received at chest height? Because thats how WE play the ball to him.

Rhodes is a sniffer, he needs the ball dropped into the box, crosses, through balls, passes that arent necessarily to feet, flicks off his head etc etc. We don't play like that. Carlos likes our wide men to take the ball into the box themselves - whether its FF, Wallace, Reach or whoever. We do not play to Rhodes strength. I dont give a flying f*** what he did at Middlesborough. He scored 6 goals in 18 appearances for them in the Championship (if you inc sub appearances) - in the same season that he scored 11 for Blackburn at the bottom end of the Championship. Hes an absolutely prolific Championship scorer. When you play to his strengths.

Having spent £10m on him - I'd much rather we played to his strengths - than try and get him to fit into a team that is failing

Edited by Deleted member

35 minutes ago, darra said:

The majority of Rhodes time at Middlesbrough was spent in the Premier League so he wasn't getting game time, no shame in that it's the best league in the world.

While in the Championship at Middlesbrough however (the level we currently play at) he was averaging roughly a goal every 3rd game and at Blackburn (again at the level we currently play at)  scored 83 goals in 152 games.

This tallies make him the most prolific goal scorer in the Championship (the level we play at) over the last 6 seasons. He then comes to Hillsborough and not only stops scoring goals but doesn't even look like scoring goals.

You might point out his record at a club where the majority of his time there was spent in the Premier League (the level above where we play at) but for such a prolific striker (at the level we play at) to suddenly stop scoring goals when he comes to Wednesday speaks volumes about the way we play and the standard of service he receives.

35 minutes ago, Grandad said:

How many games have you seen, actually seen, since Rhodes joined us in January?

How many of Rhodes career goals has he created out of nothing, or from where hes received the ball on the edge of the area, with his back to goal, when the ball has been received at chest height? Because thats how WE play the ball to him.

Rhodes is a sniffer, he needs the ball dropped into the box, crosses, through balls, passes that arent necessarily to feet, flicks off his head etc etc. We don't play like that. Carlos likes our wide men to take the ball into the box themselves - whether its FF, Wallace, Reach or whoever. We do not play to Rhodes strength. I dont give a flying f*** what he did at Middlesborough. He scored 6 goals in 18 appearances for them in the Championship (if you inc sub appearances) - in the same season that he scored 11 for Blackburn at the bottom end of the Championship. Hes an absolutely prolific Championship scorer. When you play to his strengths.

Having spent £10m on him - I'd much rather we played to his strengths - than try and get him to fit into a team that is failing

The words nail on head Spring to mind!!

I often wonder if Carlos had ever seen him play before signing him, all he needs to do is type in 'Jordan Rhodes Blackburn Rovers' into YouTube and spend 5 minutes watching the search results to realise that he'll never score goals at Hillsborough playing as we do.

Guest Deleted member
13 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I often wonder if Carlos had ever seen him play before signing him,

Still convinced Carlos didnt sign him. 

12 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The words nail on head Spring to mind!!

I often wonder if Carlos had ever seen him play before signing him, all he needs to do is type in 'Jordan Rhodes Blackburn Rovers' into YouTube and spend 5 minutes watching the search results to realise that he'll never score goals at Hillsborough playing as we do.

In his last 17 league games for Blackburn he scored 3 goals. His relatively non-purple patch has been going for a while now - nearly two years. As the side is set up at the moment with the personnel we have he seems kind of pointless because he offers very little.

18 hours ago, Apple said:

How exactly?

Forced to train with U18s - apart from when certain people are at Middlewood Road, in which case he has to vacate the premises. 

The situation has split the coaching staff right down the middle and is causing no end of trouble. 

His team mates were nearly fined for going to watch him play for England FFS

The stats yesterday had us 2 shots on target and we scored 2 goals - they had 7 and Harvey leading their line.

We seem to struggle to create clear chances - it's not just yesterday, and IMO indicative of the style of play.

I wouldn't through Hirst into that mix.

4 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Forced to train with U18s - apart from when certain people are at Middlewood Road, in which case he has to vacate the premises. 

The situation has split the coaching staff right down the middle and is causing no end of trouble. 

His team mates were nearly fined for going to watch him play for England FFS

It seems ultra-petty to me.