When did you start having doubts about Carlos?

I lost faith in CC tonight.  Supported him up to now, but tonight was worse than Sunday.  Lee was invisible because he was dealing with the right hand side.  The tactics have become totally predictable:  pass around the back and then someone (usually Lees) tries a diagonal ball which is predictable and the forward line are static.  Easy to defend.  That was how SUFC dismantled us - they knew we play like this and they took the ball off us high up the pitch and punushed us.  Any other team that thinks about it will do the same.  Terrible coaching all round.  What has happened to the more dynamic approach Carlos introduced in the first season with us?  No evidence of it now.  Is that because there was one of his coaching staff who decided to stay in Portugal after the first season?  Was that the person who coached dynamic approach play down the channels?  Because we saw that in the first season and then never again since.  Perhaps it my memory that is faulty but that is how I am remembering things.

Straight after the Hull playoff final I had my reservations about carlos

My mind was made up the following season when the brand of football didn't change from that playoff final

The way we had our bellies tickled by Huddersfield came as no surprise

Also the way the Blades battered us was no surprise

Ive seen this coming for a long, long time and if chansiri doesn't act soon it'll be season over again

Provided this isn't an I was right you were wrong type thread, I began to have doubts in the new year and decided I didn't want him in March. I just want what's best for the club and happened to think it was a grave mistake keeping him after the Huddersfield failure.

Signs in preseason and most games this season have shown the same issues and if anything we are going backwards. I like the bloke but it's not working for him. We rarely see a reaction regardless of what he says and nothing changes.

I keep hearing give him til end of season, give him another season, give him 10 games, give him til January and still nothing changes.

Today might be the icing on the cake and only we can end a teams worst start in 35 years.

He's had more than enough time to get this right and he's falling short.

About this time last season.

Scraping points.

Seem to remember Wolves at home early January. 0-0

We were so so so poor.

The football hasn't changed either. No improvement through any signings. Threw it away in the play-offs last season hopelessly.

It really has got to the point where he can't prove that he can make positive changes and advance. It's going backwards.

10 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

He just said he is pleased with the performance and that expectation is a problem after saying we will get promoted. Seriously where is his head?

Evidence that he knows he is going down.  There was little to be pleased with in tonight's performance. Carlos is getting desperate, I am afraid.  It is going to be sad to witness his downfall, but I fear it is inevitable.  Last chance might be some miracle against Leeds.  Perhaps he had better play Mattias and hope he reproduces the wonder goal?

Edited by Reyt Part Timer

Guest The Horse

Quote from Carlos earlier this year:

"One day I will leave England when someone kicks my ass. When, one day, I leave Sheffield Wednesday the people must kick my ass. When I say 'kick my ass' it doesn't mean that must be the chairman or something.... But one day, if the people are tired of me and think I am not the person to be in the club, I will be the first one to say I'm starting to leave"

It's ass kicking time, Carlos. And we we are tired of you.

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/watch-i-will-leave-sheffield-wednesday-when-someone-kicks-my-ass-carlos-carvalhal-1-8332280

Edited by The Horse

Started doubting him after 2-2 at Bristol last season. On the face of it not our worst game but that's when I saw the full extent of Carlos' negative tactics. Bristol were dreadful, had lost about 8 in a row and even we looked like we could bag a hatful against them. As it was at 2-1, dominating with half an hour left we decided to go 11 men behind the ball and conceded a late deflected equaliser. Realised then we would never win enough games under CC to reach top 2 after that.

Still, I've never called for his head and was 50-50 about him after Hudders and after Sunday. Reacting by delivering another hard-working but dour performance tonight has put the final nail in the coffin for me. He simply can't get enough out of these players and it's time to see if someone else can.

It's a shame though because I think he's a top bloke. Such a shame we didn't get the fairytale ending in 2016 - I think we deserved it. 

That interview yesterday. That was his Irvine coaching badge moment. I knew it was over then. 

Someone above mentioned body language. Talking to someone on Sunday who was early for previous match, and watched the team warm up. Visible divisions, with some not bothered at all apparantly. I think the mental scars of back to back playoff defeats have finally come to fore. This squad has given the ball a very good kick, but it hasn't been quite good enough. 

Time for a few changes. Do what you've always done, and you get what you've always got. 

Lost faith when we beat Rotherham at home 1-0.

knew from that game he was stubborn and had no plan B. From that game could tell this man wasn't getting us promoted, and I think now most are waking up and smelling the coffee. 

He should be getting more out of what he's had available for over a year now.

He should have walked after Huddersfield and none of this would have turned sour. We would have thanked him for his efforts and moved on. Now he will leave and people will instead say good riddance. 

The club have royally un-workable up what we had going for us after Wembley. We will rue it for years to come.

8 minutes ago, vulva said:

That interview yesterday. That was his Irvine coaching badge moment. I knew it was over then. 

Someone above mentioned body language. Talking to someone on Sunday who was early for previous match, and watched the team warm up. Visible divisions, with some not bothered at all apparantly. I think the mental scars of back to back playoff defeats have finally come to fore. This squad has given the ball a very good kick, but it hasn't been quite good enough. 

Time for a few changes. Do what you've always done, and you get what you've always got. 

Yep. Bouncing back from two play off defeats is not easy. That's why a fresh change was needed in the summer. A new manager with new ideas who has a different approach to games. It's gone ever so stale and you can tell with the performances on the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Lost faith when we beat Rotherham at home 1-0.

knew from that game he was stubborn and had no plan B. From that game could tell this man wasn't getting us promoted, and I think now most are waking up and smelling the coffee. 

He should be getting more out of what he's had available for over a year now.

He should have walked after Huddersfield and none of this would have turned sour. We would have thanked him for his efforts and moved on. Now he will leave and people will instead say good riddance. 

The club have royally un-workable up what we had going for us after Wembley. We will rue it for years to come.

I knew before the hudders game he wasn't right but agreed that after that shambles it should have been thanks for your efforts Carlos , good luck in the future. Instead we are in a right state