When did you start having doubts about Carlos?

On 24/09/2017 at 15:16, M Royds said:

Mine was during the play off game against Hull. 1 nill down, and still a chance to get something, and Carlos brings on that player who found God. 

When did you start having your doubts?

Leeds game last August, you could tell they had lost there belief after the final that day. The play final was a bitter pill. Sunday was a cyanide capsule. Not been so angry leaving Hillsborough since the days of Yorath. 

Must admit I was reyt mad when we lost to Hull and was 50/50 then. I didn't go along with they were much stronger and better....we dint turn up.

Most of last season I was on the CC should go side, very hard to argue the case cos we finished top 6. But the negative tactics did my nuts in and had thoughts we would eventually fail.

.... Though I didn't expect we would fail without a fight, The Hudds match was the final straw and I was very surprised he was given a new contract.

We are where we are and are now in a tricky situation...stick or bust? There is no guarantee a new manager at this stage could help, or if he stays we will improve.

I would certainly think it's time for a change sooner rather than later, may have to write this season off already because it's just living in hope thinking things will improve, cos there just ain't any evidence it will.

It's not just Carlos.

The whole running of the club has baffled me for a while from the transfer policy down to the whole kit debacle.

If anyone else but Chansiri was running the show there'd be a lot more abuse flying around.

Spending millions doesn't make you immune from criticism, especially when it's constructive.

It seems to me that we've been taken advantage of by some savvy people in the football industry who have latched onto Chansiri's lack of footballing knowledge and it's resulted in bad advice being given by far too many different people, of whom all have the sole intention of creaming as much money as possible from the club.

Mr Chansiri.. please appoint people around you that have a wealth of knowledge in the English game, people who are footballing men who can spot the chancers looking to make a quick buck with the sale of players who aren't all that. 

A good business of this size isn't run by one man and whilst I'm sure our owner has the best intentions it's now a crucial period in which he must realise that he needs help and better advice.

for me it was the 2-0 loss to Reading at home I think we'de only got 3 or 4 points from 5 or 6 games, it was just before an international break and I think we'd slipped out of the top 6 I thought then he ought to go. [we then went on the run that took us back into the play off places]. I'd had doubts before that match [Rotherham springs to mind] and after the Huddersfield games I thought it would be best for all concerned to have a parting of the ways.

The Brighton away game last season was when I absolutely wanted a change, but the lead up to that point was something that had gathered pace from the early months of last season, and then retrospectively roped in the worst of 15/16 just to flesh out why this wasn't going to work.

Seems harsh to hark back to an away defeat to a team that had been in the top slots for most of the season and were eventually promoted, but it was the way we had them at our mercy and then we just backed off. The ruthless instinct of a winner, and we had no prayer for thinking we could go up without it.

A change must be made and we must quite simply just get on with it, but I hate changing managers. We should just focus on going forward, but I hate the way in which it violates the past. We've had some good times under CC, last season included (and I really didn't enjoy last season), but then there'll be the post-sacking revisions that will take place (are already taking place) - a bit like the way that Jones' role in the final quarter of 11/12 is de-emphasized to the point that the memory itself almost becomes tarnished. There are no amicable divorces in football.

I didn't want him out after the Hull game but in hindsight I wish we had, Burton away last season said everything to me it was obvious we hadn't improved or learnt from that 1st season and the mistakes we made. 

Please do the honourable thing Carlos and walk I'm sure most Wednesdayites would have a lot more respect for you if that's what you chose to do. 

What you are doing clearly isn't working

Edited by s6 owl

When did you start having doubts about Carlos?

Long before CC arrived and when this site was invaded by bitter little oinkers and the like and started trying to pass themselves off as owls, to er ... spread a little happiness and er ... help us on our way, if you know what I mean.

Owls have to be more wily and give better than they get.

The absolute beginning of his tenure. He has no credible managerial record and his signings throughout his tenure have been mixed. I’ve never been sold on Carlos and I firmly wanted him gone again after his 2nd pre season and that transfer window after the playoff final failure. We’ve spent a fortune and still have obvious weaknesses and I just hope that we haven’t blown our one chance at investment and getting to the Premier League by trusting a manager who shouldn’t have been given that budget.

After the Huddersfield play off.

Then the pre season against Rangers when he said that " the big away support intimidated his players and made them nervous "

All this constant " we didn't turn up" business is a sign that something is badly wrong. If a team doesn't turn up then you can either blame the coach driver or the manager.

i know that some of you thought that his press conference was uplifting, but I thought that it was desperate, delusional and the performance of a man with very few answers.

Still like him as a bloke though !

On 24/09/2017 at 15:16, M Royds said:

Mine was during the play off game against Hull. 1 nill down, and still a chance to get something, and Carlos brings on that player who found God. 

When did you start having your doubts?

Let's resurrect the Carlos Kickaball thread from the first few weeks of his reign then lol

Edited by daveyboy66

For me it's when paying 10 mil for a striker is we've always wanted a striker with proven championships credentials but stick him on bench and not playing to his abilities after he said himself (the first season tactics suited his style of play) but change it when we get him. And then when his confidence is drained and doesn't take a penalty he throws him under bus for abuse. Then after says the best 5 in training took them anyway so why snitch on Rhodes. For me it was when winnall scores a goal only player to have some enthusiasm at the time to be rewarded with the bench the week later. Yes now fletch and hooper have developed a partnership but no one gains confidence being benched. Oh and Letting fessi dictate him I thought he was the manager. Oh and buying a player who played 33 times in premier league last season only to bench him until his shoulder injury wtf