U23s v QPR

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Whatever has happened between Hirst and the club it is a real shame, if the rumours are true that we wont play him until he signs a new contract it sounds so childish. Really do think we will regret if if and when he does leave.

why would they play someone in the dev squad who isn't going to stay here ?........

• Like 1

If he insists on not signing a contract therefor he will be leaving in the summer, why should we be helping him develop and build his reputation further to get him a better deal?  The club under CC seem prepared to pay very good money so I honestly can't that being the issue. 

Faney that attention seekers like to post they know the truth then don't say anything else lol

If you don't want to say, then don't post in the first place, like others do.

The club is bigger than any individual, be they Managers, Coaches, Players.

George  Hirst, at 18, is only potential and as such is worth no more than any other 'Potential' player at the club.

Having been involved in football, ion one way or another, for 50 years, I have seen many superstars at 18 fail to progress any further, it is a gamble.

Wednesday should do what is best for the club, not any individual, so, in my humble opinion, they are doing every thing correctly, the only thing to do now is look after the clubs interests, so sell Hirst in January if he is still refusing to sign a new contract, just make sure the deal is better for the club.

2 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Heard the full story today regarding Hirst and it's enough to make you weep. So childish all round.

I'd be staggered if he played in a Wednesday shirt again

Its crazy . This lad could well be our number one striker for the next decade and we could well lose him . 

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its crazy . This lad could well be our number one striker for the next decade and we could well lose him . 

Possibly but then again he could well disappear into the lower leagues like so many promising youngsters do.

Both club and player/representatives are holding out for what they see as best for them. It's business. That's just the way it is.

If Hirst wants to play big boy negotiations then he needs to put out to some sources just how derisory this contract offer is and let the press do the rest. He'll have an improved offer before you can say McGugan Meltdown. Kivo and Grandad aren't cutting it right now. 

I'd love to know what this derisory offer is to a kid who has done next to nowt so far.

I keep hearing how his Dad regrets not getting his big move to Man U. Well excuse me if I don't burst into tears because David Hirst was playing for one of the best teams in the country at the time, was hero-worshipped and no doubt was paid very well. He should perhaps look at himself a little and wonder if he did all he could to maintain fitness at the time and did he do enough rehab wise when getting injured. You only have to look at Shearer who (I think) suffered an injury worse than anything Hirst did and see the drive and determination that he had to get back right to the very top. 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Still don't understand why we didn't take the money from Leicester or Everton if the position is so bad 

Maybe because the record transfer of 12 months ago doubled in the last window and thoughts are the crazy hike in prices will continue. In that case a tribunal would likely award more than they were prepared to offer. A gamble in a sense but educated gamble in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Maybe because the record transfer of 12 months ago doubled in the last window and thoughts are the crazy hike in prices will continue. In that case a tribunal would likely award more than they were prepared to offer. A gamble in a sense but educated gamble in my opinion. 

Ok you know more than me as I don't know what level of payment we can expect at a tribunal.

If we had sold him we could have included a big sell on.

Can anything similar apply at a tribunal?

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

If he insists on not signing a contract therefor he will be leaving in the summer, why should we be helping him develop and build his reputation further to get him a better deal?  The club under CC seem prepared to pay very good money so I honestly can't that being the issue. 

There may be something in the wanting to get experience in the first team maybe( Dave & George) think he's ready, but those at the club don't.

Besides Carlos doesn't like playing youngsters, weather he just doesn't trust them to follow orders or what I don't know preferring older heads. Could all boil down to a "Lack of patience". 

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

GOAL! Another Matt Penney corner, another Morgan FOX goal! Not quite as emphatic a finish as the first, but they all count. 4-1

Morgan Fox got 3rd goal too. 

I'm hoping morgan fox gets fit (which maybe he is now) and gets a run in the league as the season progresses Nando being out and if pudil picks up a ban or injury would be good to see reach wide left with fox behind for a few games, looking to the future. 

Genuinely thought he was beginning to find his feet a little and look (as reach is doing now) like a player who would improve and become a good solid member of the team over the next couple of seasons, he's only 23 if my memory serves and they do say defenders get better with age and later in their careers. Oh and hopefully looks capable of grabbing  some goals, remember last year's diving header. 

Edited by shezzas left peg