U23s v QPR

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Yes thats right. No injury. Under 23s played6 games and he hasn't played in any of them.

Well if thats the case i really dont know what we are trying to do or prove. I dont believe money is an issue. In my opinion i think the club may have more of an issue of feeling they are being held to ransom by a former club legend. He needs to go out on loan now. We arent helping oursleves at all

Just now, billyblack said:

Well if thats the case i really dont know what we are trying to do or prove. I dont believe money is an issue. In my opinion i think the club may have more of an issue of feeling they are being held to ransom by a former club legend. He needs to go out on loan now. We arent helping oursleves at all

Can't go on loan to a League club until January. Can go now to National League club though which would be better than U23s or nothing at all as he is doing now.

2 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Can't go on loan to a League club until January. Can go now to National League club though which would be better than U23s or nothing at all as he is doing now.

Just needs first team football and plenty of it. Why we didnt sort this in the transfer window i just dont know.

4 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

I agree.I just hope that this season of non activity doesn't hinder his progress and comes to be a regret in the future years if things werent to work out.

Top name by the way.

Agreed. Both the club and his dad should agree that not playong football is the worst thing for him. Not getting any better sitting on his backside playing nintendo

I don't think that was all about money with Hirst. I believe it is more about non existance of path to thje first team, and development plan for U-23 players.

I believe that rumors of club not letting anyone out on loan if loaning club won't/can't pay entire wage of said player is true. If we agreed 5k a week deal with Hirst, there is no club in League One or Two who would pay that for untried (though very talented) youngster, when they can bring in top end lower league player on similar wages.

Because of all this I can see other youngsters we want to keep leaving the club at the end of the season.

Deciding not to take any of them on pre-season tour, issue them squad numbers, or give couple of them chance in League Cup didn't help. Most of them did all they could at U-23 level, and loaning them out would be natural next step in their development, and for some reason we sent out only 3 players so far.

On 18/09/2017 at 23:19, ZIMMY said:

Some one at the Club thinks he's not ready to be involved with the 1st team squad, i will leave you to ponder who that is, however his Father who knows a little bit about being a striker, thinks he should be involved, as the under 23's are off no use to him anymore, and believes George would be a bigger asset to have on the bench,with his pace and his eye for goal,l over some that make our bench,if this is not sorted out the loser yet again will be Sheffield Wednesday.    

How do you come to the conclusion that we'll be the losers. He might turn out to be rhubarb. The deal that young Hirst is demanding might set a precedence in terms of the remuneration and matchday demands for such a young player. Mr C has proven he'll pay the wages. My guess is that George Hirst and his representatives are that are being unreasonable. 

On 19/09/2017 at 07:40, Owlsman82 said:

That's a good point to be fair, we'll happily throw millions away on McGugan, Emanuelson, Lachman etc but as soon as we get a promising youth assett we suddenly tighten up the purse strings. If we had some sort of consistent and logical contract and transfer policy he probably would have known where he stood and sorted it out ages ago. 

Comparing apples with pairs there I'm afraid. 

On ‎18‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 19:11, shezzas left peg said:

I'm hoping morgan fox gets fit (which maybe he is now) and gets a run in the league as the season progresses Nando being out and if pudil picks up a ban or injury would be good to see reach wide left with fox behind for a few games, looking to the future. 

Genuinely thought he was beginning to find his feet a little and look (as reach is doing now) like a player who would improve and become a good solid member of the team over the next couple of seasons, he's only 23 if my memory serves and they do say defenders get better with age and later in their careers. Oh and hopefully looks capable of grabbing  some goals, remember last year's diving header. 

You've got to be joking......he was like a kid who'd won a game in a raffle at Burton

Can some journalist find out what is going on with Hirst and maybe ask someone who has guided him or maybe the chairman? And put it out there. Give clarity. Even Hirst Snr may give pointers to the situation. He needs to be starting games and scoring. He wont get England calls if he is not match fit. I can only think Wednesday said we aint selling you and you must remain on Wednesday's books and the Hirsts are not happy. Or surely a transfer would have gone through or a loan out. It must be totally from the Hirst side of things. Not playing him is a reaction to it all from the club. Its not a wise one. He needs to be showing some worth. If its a huddle eventually after him he may go to the one who wants him most. People are thinking Leicester and Everton but maybe the big followers on deadline day were Leeds. And the Hirsts did not want the move. Who would?

1 hour ago, malek said:

I don't think that was all about money with Hirst. I believe it is more about non existance of path to thje first team, and development plan for U-23 players.

I believe that rumors of club not letting anyone out on loan if loaning club won't/can't pay entire wage of said player is true. If we agreed 5k a week deal with Hirst, there is no club in League One or Two who would pay that for untried (though very talented) youngster, when they can bring in top end lower league player on similar wages.

Because of all this I can see other youngsters we want to keep leaving the club at the end of the season.

Deciding not to take any of them on pre-season tour, issue them squad numbers, or give couple of them chance in League Cup didn't help. Most of them did all they could at U-23 level, and loaning them out would be natural next step in their development, and for some reason we sent out only 3 players so far.

we wanted to keep stobbs, clare , preston , wallis ,thorniley, ,o'grady and maybe others I don't know  of and they all signed new contracts in the summer .....we've loaned quite a few young players from the dev squad in the last 3 years but.we cant loan them all out can we if we did we'd have a squad full of youth players and triallists.