U23s v QPR

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we wanted to keep stobbs, clare , preston , wallis ,thorniley, ,o'grady and maybe others I don't know  of and they all signed new contracts in the summer .....we've loaned quite a few young players from the dev squad in the last 3 years but.we cant loan them all out can we if we did we'd have a squad full of youth players and triallists.

That was last year, and this is now.

We sent 3 players out, and I'm 100% sure there were many more that wanted to go on loan as well. Development squad is only there to help young players develop, and it would be ideal if all those players were out on loan playing "serious" football. Not letting youngster go out on loan to play in U-23 squad is nonsense.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 14:09, KivoOwl said:

Heard the full story today regarding Hirst and it's enough to make you weep. So childish all round.

I'd be staggered if he played in a Wednesday shirt again

Off Grandad?

I've heard nothing and also be surprised to see him in a Wednesday shirt again

13 minutes ago, malek said:

That was last year, and this is now.

We sent 3 players out, and I'm 100% sure there were many more that wanted to go on loan as well. Development squad is only there to help young players develop, and it would be ideal if all those players were out on loan playing "serious" football. Not letting youngster go out on loan to play in U-23 squad is nonsense.

so we do send young players out on loan and yet you are criticising the club for not doing so ......your guessing that the club don't want to send other  players out on loan ,I could just as easily guess that they do but no one wants the ones that are left .....neither of us know so why beat the club based on nothing but guesswork .

3 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Because George Hirst is 6ft 3 or 4.  Have you seen him?

he is still built like a boy. He would not have the same presence as Nuhiu with defenders. I wouldn't have an issue with him being on the bench but the direct comparisons with Nuhiu don't make sense.

The clubs strategy to have him in the U23s last season and a proposed loan this season is completely correct IMO. If it wasn't for stalled contract negotiations anyway. 

4 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Is anyone going to share the full story or is it hush hush.......

Grandad & Kivo should be able to tell us

Here they are discussing it earlier this week

giphy.gif

Edited by Ash76

7 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Loovens scored more goals than Nuhiu last season. Hirst scored 40 more than Nuhiu. 

Loovens played a hell of a lot more football. 

Im not bothered whether Nuhiu is in the team or not but there are some ridiculous ideas about where Hirst should be used and how particularly as he is completely different to Nuhiu. Loovens up front is even more bizarre. 

Edited by Bluesteel

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Loovens played a hell of a lot more football. 

Im not bothered whether Nuhiu is in the team or not but there are some ridiculous ideas about where Hirst should be used and how. Loovens up front is even better.

I haven't suggested playing Loovens up front. Nuhiu comes on to defend corners. If you wanted someone to score goals why have a striker on the bench who doesn't score.

Nuhiu comes on to retain the ball higher up the pitch and add height at corners and would offer more goal threat than Loovens, or just adding a central defender to the team at the back.

If we need to score then we bring on Rhodes or presumably Joao, so

they are the players Hirst is competing with in the managers mind rather than Nuhiu as Hirst cannot do what he wants Nuhiu to do. 

10 hours ago, shandypants said:

How do you come to the conclusion that we'll be the losers. He might turn out to be rhubarb. The deal that young Hirst is demanding might set a precedence in terms of the remuneration and matchday demands for such a young player. Mr C has proven he'll pay the wages. My guess is that George Hirst and his representatives are that are being unreasonable. 

Comparing apples with pairs there I'm afraid. 

It's not is it though. It's comparing a young unripened apple to old rotten apples and trying to establish which is more valuable and a better investment for the club.