Adam Reach again

AR has been a revelation over the past few matches. He has always had energy and has never hidden in matches, but now he is actually taking players on and beating them. His crossing is much better as well. He strikes me as the sort of player who tries hard to improve his game. Same can be said of Jack Hunt over recent months.

1 hour ago, BigOwl said:

Perhaps not having the complication of fitting Forestieri into the side has benefitted Reach. I thing the youngster is much improved in his consistency and that builds confidence. I love the way he runs at players

Forestieri not being around will benefit the team in no end of ways

It has always been obvious Reach is a good footballer 

I don't think we realise how hard it was for Carlos and the players last season. Injuries piled up and no chance of getting a settled nor confident side

Reach suffered more than most because he was always fit, but played in different roles with different team every week. 

No chance of getting any rhythm or confidence in his play

Was completely done in by playoffs 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

adam-reach-567591.jpg

Carlos went on record saying just what a great player Adam Reach is turning out to be

He's provided yet another important assist today setting up Hooper for the opening goal against Cardiff

Carlos is right - Reach is coming into his own now at Sheffield Wednesday

Never thought I would agree but he is beginning to add an attacking threat. Good on him. Well played Adam.

3 hours ago, poite said:

Forestieri not being around will benefit the team in no end of ways

Agreed. Team seems settled, playing to our strengths. If we keep playing like this, FF (and others who are out) will struggle to get back in. Why change ?

As this thread was about Reach, he's undropable right now. 

:manager:

Maybe he was viewed as a long term project by the club? So the changing positions was designed to develop him longer term at the expense of the short term? Think we are now seeing what a player this lad could be. Even with a 70 m price tag he is looking a snip

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos is right - Reach is coming into his own now at Sheffield Wednesday

Absolutely spot on assessment.  

I remember last season, things really didn't go right for him.  

This season though, he has really stepped up on his performances for us.

He is quickly becoming a key regular player for us this season, whether that is at left back or on the left of midfield or both.  

As long as he keeps making those driving runs on the left effortlessly changing gear as he outflanks their fullback.  Absolute joy to watch.