Adam Reach again

He's coming good.   Possibly because he's been given less roles?  But maybe he just needed to settle.    We sign (or have signed) a lot of players mid-season and that can't be good for them if they are looking to get upto speed with those in the squad or first 11 around them.

Just now, fife_owl said:

I think he's playing with confidence.  Always had the fitness to get up and down - but now he's running at teams and taking on the full back.

Don't know if it's confidence or being unshackled by CC - but whatever it is I like it.    For the first time - recently he's actually started taking defenders on and crossing, he has been beating a man with either skill or pace and that is not what we have seen previously.

• Like 1

Just now, HubristicClapper said:

Don't know if it's confidence or being unshackled by CC - but whatever it is I like it.    For the first time - recently he's actually started taking defenders on and crossing, he has been beating a man with either skill or pace and that is not what we have seen previously.

Not consistently true but you could see that there was always a good player there waiting to blossom.

Just now, Dagmeister said:

Not consistently true but you could see that there was always a good player there waiting to blossom.

Well, that's the thing - He never actually did that bad even when he was getting grief !  

I think his price tag plus him not hitting the ground in a blistering fashion made a few numpties have him in their sites as a scapegoat.

He was shunted around from position to position and never did really badly, if never really shining much.

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Disagree. Not as good as the fee might have suggested but not gash IMO.

Really? He offered nothing going forward and for me weakened our attack play and he was suspect at the back.

apart from fitness and not getting injured. The fact he could play in a number of positions ( but everyone of those positions we had better options ) and he was younger in an ageing squad ( but never played with that hunger no fear like younger players do) I genuinely can't see what he brought.

he weakend our starting lineup for me last year.

but to be positive he's like a different player this year. He had a great pre-season and has brought it into the season.

really turning into one of those first names on the team sheets this year.  He's adding quality to his game and now looks to have a great future ahead 

Im his defence mind. Our tactics made most our players look poor last season.

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Really? He offered nothing going forward and for me weakened our attack play and he was suspect at the back.

apart from fitness and not getting injured. The fact he could play in a number of positions ( but everyone of those positions we had better options ) and he was younger in an ageing squad ( but never played with that hunger no fear like younger players do) I genuinely can't see what he brought.

he weakend our starting lineup for me last year.

but to be positive he's like a different player this year. He had a great pre-season and has brought it into the season.

really turning into one of those first names on the team sheets this year.  He's adding quality to his game and now looks to have a great future ahead 

Im his defence mind. Our tactics made most our players look poor last season.

I saw it differently but just my opinion.

29 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Disagree. Not as good as the fee might have suggested but not gash IMO.

Correct, but blatantly obvious he'd be a good player for us