Adam Reach again

27 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I'd go with 

Westwood 

Hunt  Lees  V Aken  Reach 

Jones

Wallace  Lee   Bannan

Hooper   Fletcher 

you'd hope so wouldn't you ......that would be a side that would win the game (for me) .any other formation would be a side that's dictated by how the blunts play which (again for me) would be disappointing ....

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you'd hope so wouldn't you ......that would be a side that would win the game (for me) .any other formation would be a side that's dictated by how the blunts play which (again for me) would be disappointing ....

What's the first thing that Carlos is going to be telling his players. 

You would like to think it would be go out and win. But with it being a derby and at home you would imagine it would be what ever happens we don't lose.

I personally think this was the game almost earmarked for Hutchinson to return in. And I am expected to hear in the press conference at the end of the week that he is ready to go.

Think Hutchinson and Jones in middle will allow Reach and Bannan to be on the left hand side for this game.

While being more cautious in the middle and still allowing us probably our best attacking outlet of reach down the left.

Because as I said it's not the end of the world if you don't win the game, but it will be if he loses it so to speak.

Edited by pazowl55

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

You would like to think it would be go out and win. But with it being a derby and at home you would imagine it would be what ever happens we don't lose.

I personally think this was the game almost earmarked for Hutchinson to return in. And I am expected to hear in the press conference at the end of the week that he is ready to go.

Think Hutchinson and Jones in middle will allow Reach and Bannan to be on the left hand side for this game.

While being more cautious in the middle and still allowing us probably our best attacking outlet of reach down the left.

Because as I said it's not the end of the world if you don't win the game, but it will be if he loses it so to speak.

Just Jones for me. Hutch on the bench. Why change things now.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I personally think this was the game almost earmarked for Hutchinson to return in. And I am expected to hear the the press conference at the end of the week that he is ready to go.

I prefer to think we are better than them so i'd be looking to beat them with what I think is our best side .....like I said i'd be disappointed if he picked a negative way of playing ala hudders in the play offs and we all know how that turned out .....you have to put aside who we are playing as it's just 3 points and not the end of the world if we did get beat but to miss out on promotion or the play offs by 2 points having played to not get beat would be . 

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I prefer to think we are better than them so i'd be looking to beat them with what I think is our best side .....like I said i'd be disappointed if he picked a negative way of playing ala hudders in the play offs and we all know how that turned out .....you have to put aside who we are playing as it's just 3 points and not the end of the world if we did get beat but to miss out on promotion or the play offs by 2 points having played to not get beat would be . 

We just need to play positive football from the off. Utd will be in our faces from the kick off and well up for it. They get an early goal and it will be a tough afternoon for us. Just get at them. High tempo and keep it going and use the bench smartly.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We just need to play positive football from the off. Utd will be in our faces from the kick off and well up for it. They get an early goal and it will be a tough afternoon for us. Just get at them. High tempo and keep it going and use the bench smartly.

we don't to need to play there game and get into a war that's not what we are good at and would be playing a game that they would like us to play and i'd be buggered if I was in charge that i'd let the blunts dictate how I set my team up . ....play our game well and we'll win .

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we don't to need to play there game and get into a war that's not what we are good at and would be playing a game that they would like us to play and i'd be buggered if I was in charge that i'd let the blunts dictate how I set my team up . ....play our game well and we'll win .

Thought thats what i was saying..... but yes i agree. Just cant afford a slow start

5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Agree with you. But I ain't sure Carlos will.

Don't think he will put aside who we are playing and if Hutchinson is fit then I am expecting him to start.

On 16/09/2017 at 16:12, fpowl said:

Really? He offered nothing going forward and for me weakened our attack play and he was suspect at the back.

apart from fitness and not getting injured. The fact he could play in a number of positions ( but everyone of those positions we had better options ) and he was younger in an ageing squad ( but never played with that hunger no fear like younger players do) I genuinely can't see what he brought.

he weakend our starting lineup for me last year.

but to be positive he's like a different player this year. He had a great pre-season and has brought it into the season.

really turning into one of those first names on the team sheets this year.  He's adding quality to his game and now looks to have a great future ahead 

Im his defence mind. Our tactics made most our players look poor last season.

Good post agree with this 

2 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Another fine example of a player not being given a chance by SOME of our fans.

Top, top pro and delighted for him that he's proved the doubters wrong.

Like others have said, folk with half a brain could see there was a player in there.

You're wrong mate. So wrong. 

How was he 'not given a chance'... He played practically every game last season and was absolutely gash. I gave him every chance to impress and he was bobar. Anyone with half a brain could see this 

Congratulations to the lad for his start to the season. Pleased he's had 5 good games for us and is starting to make up for last season. Long may it continue.

Don't think Hutch will be fit and should only be considered if he is 100% fit which I doubt

I wouldn't change it even if he was .

Two things I would like to see us do more this season is

- reward good performances by players keeping their place

- not risking players who are carrying knocks or at least doing it a lot less. We had 5or 6 in the Huddersfield second leg and it cost us

13 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Don't think Hutch will be fit and should only be considered if he is 100% fit which I doubt

I wouldn't change it even if he was .

Two things I would like to see us do more this season is

- reward good performances by players keeping their place

- not risking players who are carrying knocks or at least doing it a lot less. We had 5or 6 in the Huddersfield second leg and it cost us

Hutch is a terrific player and will have a big part to play this season. Like you suggest though, players need to be fit and ready. Absolutely no need to rush him back.