Calling Sheffield Wednesday fans - Put your money where your mouth is

Sheffield-Wednesday-Community-Programme-15.jpg

This is a call to all you Wednesdayites out there who think they know their football. Show us what you can do and get coaching!

Sheffield Wednesday FC is recruiting for a new part-time Academy Coach who is motivated, driven and is able to teach at the highest level of professional football.

This is an exciting opportunity for a UEFA B licensed football coach to join our Academy which is based at our Training Ground.

We are looking for a candidate to join our team of elite coaches who will be able to work with an in-depth coaching curriculum and player development programme tailored to each age group within the Phase.

Click here to download the job spec and send you’re CV to john.williams@swfc.co.uk.

Owlstalk Shop

Guest BULGARIA

i think Football managers are over rated anyway, i mean how hard can it be? 

All this UEFA badges cods wallop makes me laugh.... its a game trying to put a ball in a net for crying out loud!!

I feel that most managers either get lucky or not with the players they have at their disposal and 90% of the job is all about managing people and 10% tactics.

Folks will scoff at this but most fans can see whats wrong or right and what players are doing well, it dont take a genius to see that.

Tin hat?

Winds me up this as a level 2 qualified coach no club is willing to take level 2 qualified people up. Someone with level 2 could have 10 years experience and success but someone with uefa B and 2 years would get it. Nobody will pay over £1k for a Uefa B one their own, clubs should look at lower qualified and experience and offer part or full funding

3 hours ago, BenOwl1867 said:

Winds me up this as a level 2 qualified coach no club is willing to take level 2 qualified people up. Someone with level 2 could have 10 years experience and success but someone with uefa B and 2 years would get it. Nobody will pay over £1k for a Uefa B one their own, clubs should look at lower qualified and experience and offer part or full funding

Jobs for the boys. Usually its only ex-pros's that have the qualifications but they are not necessarily the best coaches. The best coaches seem to be teachers who understand how to communicate to the kids the objectives of what they want them to learn. Academies are great at coaching out any natural ability and leadership skills turning the kids into robots trying to be like Barcelona which they will never be.

41 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Jobs for the boys. Usually its only ex-pros's that have the qualifications but they are not necessarily the best coaches. The best coaches seem to be teachers who understand how to communicate to the kids the objectives of what they want them to learn. Academies are great at coaching out any natural ability and leadership skills turning the kids into robots trying to be like Barcelona which they will never be.

True the average joe will not self fund a course with no guaranteed role for over £1k never going to happen. If you have been in the coaching game for some time and have level 2 which really tells someone how and why we coach this should be enough. Its not a pop at Wednesday every professional and most non-professional clubs ask for this level of qualification. Rant over just gets on my boobies!