#19 for Brentford

8 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I thought Ryan Woods was the best player on the pitch

This.

Dominated the midfield in the first half and controlled the tempo of the game by dropping into the back 3 to bounce the ball. Hooper and Lee didn't know how to deal with him and left him with the freedom of Hillsborough for 45 minutes. Credit to Carlos (I don't say that much) as he obviously saw this and got Lee to man mark him in the second half.

49 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

This.

Dominated the midfield in the first half and controlled the tempo of the game by dropping into the back 3 to bounce the ball. Hooper and Lee didn't know how to deal with him and left him with the freedom of Hillsborough for 45 minutes. Credit to Carlos (I don't say that much) as he obviously saw this and got Lee to man mark him in the second half.

This was doing my nut in. After about 5 mins you could see what was happening, Hooper looked like he was trying to get someone to press the lad but to no one took any notice. Everything was going through Woods, as like you say he had the freedom of Hillsborough and they should have been out of sight by half time. As soon as we came out for the second half you could see Lee was right up on Woods and for a while Brentford did not know what to do - they started going long and giving the ball away and we took control. 

CC will have forgotten more than I will ever know about tactics and tbf I know next to sweet F.A, but why did it take us 45 mins to react to something that was so blindingly obvious, especially if you are sat high up in the stand?

Edited by Walt
  • Like 1

...they started using the long ball after about 35 mins...they looked well off the pace then up until half time. That half time was welcome for both teams. Lovely football from Brentford but unsustainable at that pace. And towards the end we had worked them out and they looked tired. Dangerous but not quite getting to the balls. Thought we looked far stronger physically towards the end...something we've missed for a season.

Couple of very good players in their midfield/wings but I'm far happier with who we have. 

7 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

There right winger number 20 tore Reach a new one.

Best side I've seen so far and should have been out of sight at half time. We were poor but let's be honest they were good 

Don't fully agree with this, thought Reach did ok against their lad, also thought they were decent in possession but offered very little in the final 3rd, if it wasn't for a momentary lapse from Westwood they'd have gone in 1-0 down. They reminded me of that decent Doncaster team a few years back, that were good at passing in triangles. I'd say both Forest and QPR looked more of a threat really. Don't get me wrong they were easily the better side 1st half, but when we stepped up a bit in the 2nd I thought we had too much for them.

15 hours ago, modboy said:

I'd not heard of any of their players tbh but their fluidity was outstanding at times.

Nice little club 

We gave them too much room in the first half, second half we pressed and they looked less 'fluid'

I like Brentford though and Dean Smith, they try to play the game right. 

Edited by AwokenGiant
  • Like 1

Brentfords general play was very impressive at Bramall Lane, Ryan Woods being their stand out player followed by Jota.

But for all their possession and neat build up play they were like a poor mans Arsenal trying to walk the ball into the net.

They failed to create many real chances and had no cutting edge. Good to watch though and with luck will beat some of the top teams in this division.