SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3 : 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST

2 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Must just me that's happy with our general play, and not blaming Van Aken for our goal then.

We'll end up winning this when we up a gear.

Not really van Aken's fault on that one.  Tom Lees got caught completely flat footed and just about standing still

My point is.... how many times has this happened now ?  Carlos gets paid an obscene amount of money to do a job, if you or I had the same problem at work, week in, week out, after it's as clear as day.... we'd be on our bike.
That's the point I'm making, he NEVER learns... NEVER, he's so up his own backside of how perfect he is, he doesn't see what we all see. He should learn from it, he doesn't... and that's bad management.

10 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Need to be careful here or we'll blow it.

Top coaching tip for Carlos.

Bringing Dave on isn't the answer.

... your usual anti-Carlos negativity might carry a bit more weight if you were at least familiar with the team sheet....

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Fine lines isn't it. Had the tackle been made it would've been superb defending but in hindsight had he stood his ground he may have forced him further out wide

yes - I think he realised that immediately.

2 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

Not really van Aken's fault on that one.  Tom Lees got caught completely flat footed and just about standing still

My opinion is that Van Aken was forced to lunge in as a reactive move to slack defending by team mates. But I'm not going to try and apportion blame. Team game innit, attack as a team, defend as a team.

Thought van aken was good.

agree he would have been better staying on his feet for goal but I don't think you can hold him responsible.

i don't think jones has played well.

gonna be another tight one though - after the first goal I fancied us for 3/4 nil.