Chris Waddle thinks Owls fans might get fed up with Carlos

image-1.jpg

Wednesday legend Chris Waddle thinks if the Owls don't go up this season then the fans might just have had enough of Carlos and his tactics.

Waddle told The Sheffield Star: “It’s Carlos’s third season and you can’t keep being the bridesmaid. Sometimes you have to say ‘this is it’. If Wednesday don’t go up this year, I think people are going to get a little bored and fed-up with it.”

Waddle also tipped the Owls for a top six finish but doesn't see Wednesday hitting the top two spots this season.

He said: “I would be surprised and very disappointed if they are not in the play-offs but I don’t see the top two looking at them. “I think they needed to make two or three key signings to go that extra level. Newcastle and Brighton did that last year but I don’t think Wednesday have. “There are about 10 or 11 teams in the league who can go up and I would definitely put Wednesday in that group. I think they have as good a chance as anybody else. “They just have to get a run going and keep everyone injury free and there is no reason they can’t go up.”

Owlstalk Shop