Just me happy with Butterfield?

I think on paper we have done some great business. Obviously come the end of season hindsight will be interesting. 

The two centre backs are obviously good as the year inject youth and yet depth in a position we are crying out for. 

Boyd I really rate my only gripe with this is we are not utilising him to his strengths or played in the right position ( attacking winger/ wide forward) to play him more as a wide man that tucks I can't help but thinking we could have got a more suitable player.

Butterfield is a Carlos player but what i like with him is he is box to box. I think we miss kieren lee terribly  we seem static and out of options with a lack of urgency without him. maybe  when I'll no replace this I really regret what urgency and energy. It also means we don't need to rush  lee back as quickly

12 hours ago, wilyfox said:

But I was more excited by the Isaac Success rumour which surprise surprise turned out to be BS. 

You wouldn't have been excited if you've seen him play for Watford, only success from his signing was his name.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

You wouldn't have been excited if you've seen him play for Watford, only success from his signing was his name.

Disagree. Stepping down a level could have been the making of him. We need an Antonio-type. They're not identical, but Success has some similar attributes. 

32 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Disagree. Stepping down a level could have been the making of him. We need an Antonio-type. They're not identical, but Success has some similar attributes. 

Success runs fast and that's about it, constantly loses the ball, no end product, Wade Small had pace as well...

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

Success runs fast and that's about it, constantly loses the ball, no end product, Wade Small had pace as well...

There was a time when the likes of Bolasie, Zaha, and Walcott had no end product as well. When they learnt how to use it, all of a sudden they became potent. Often happens with that type of player. At the age of 21 and dropping down a division, it might have clicked for Success. In English football, it pays to have that type of option on the books. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

There was a time when the likes of Bolasie, Zaha, and Walcott had no end product as well. When they learnt how to use it, all of a sudden they became potent. Often happens with that type of player. At the age of 21 and dropping down a division, it might have clicked for Success. In English football, it pays to have that type of option on the books. 

I wouldn't have been against us signing him but 99.9% of the people saying he'd be an amazing signing have never seen him play for Watford, not sure how many of their league matches you watch but he's not exactly a super sub.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, פɹᴉɯqɐɹᴉɐu said:

I wouldn't have been against us signing him but 99.9% of the people saying he'd be an amazing signing have never seen him play for Watford, not sure how many of their league matches you watch but he's not exactly a super sub.

He has the ability to beat a man and cut the ball back from the touch line. Sometimes that's what we lack, raw pace and power to force the issue when our pretty stuff doesn't work. I wouldn't identify him as someone to come in, score 10+ and lay on as many assists. But, in tight games a player of his type could help open things up. 

I am disappointed at winnall going but maybe this is chance for him to prove CC that he can do it?? He'll come back a diffo player maybe we can get more money for istead of him wasted on bench devaluing? Or we keep him and he does us proud.

butterfield happy with this he'll be out to do same to derby prove he's still good enough. Only thing is if he does well his price increases again. 

Just a reversal of situation with winnall 

Whats to lose. Its a loan deal.

If Winnall scores 20 this season he comes back a £5 mmillion player. Better than warming the bench and staying a £750,000 player here.

If Butterfield is a big success we may have an option to buy depending on how our season finishes up.