Just me happy with Butterfield?

40 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Very happy especially as it gets Winnall out of the door.

Yeh Winnall just wasn't quite good enough, for me Butterfield is a decent player just never admitted it cause of who he played for.. I think he will do well for us. Good business 

Decent business this. 

With a bolstered defence, we then needed more midfield options (with more of an option than Jones offers!), and we're top heavy with similar strikers. Although the lad Winnall ran more than the others, he's the weakest of the the 3 of Rhodes, Hooper and Winnall. Others all very different or we can't offload...etc".

UTO!

Edited by Stan Dupowls

3 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Having a defensive midfielders doesn't mean negative tactics. Every team need some an anchor in midfield. 

it does in our team most of the time except when the shackles are removed now and then lol 

Edited by trevdi9

Just now, trevdi9 said:

it does in our team mostof the time except when the shackles are removed now and then lol 

Yes but it isn't because we play with a defensive mid, it's because CC puts shackles on our attacking players.

defensive mid and no shackles both required

Just now, Fibonacci91 said:

Yes but it isn't because we play with a defensive mid, it's because CC puts shackles on our attacking players.

defensive mid and no shackles both required

ha that's my point the shackles bit at least , but we do spend a lot of time playing it backwards do we not when we are a far better team going forwards ,and first halves we rarely get going at all lol

49 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Butterfield was good a few years ago, career has stalled like alot of players whilst at Derby. A move could get the best of him. 

Good move for Winnall, gives him a chance to get games. Was never gonna get in infront of Hooper/Rhodes/Fletcher and is too similar to Rhodes, when those 3 arent working we may aswell try Nuhiu/Joao. Also with FF staying, im assuming the deal was that winnall had to go. I dont particularly agree with that as I think FF was in the wrong, but if it gets the best out of him then a firing FF is more important to us than a firing Winnall. 

If he scores goals, we can get a big fee from someone like Derby. Or he moves up the pecking order here.

Was such a sensible post until this point.

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

I'm happy with Butterfield, always rated him, no issue.

I think the main issue people have got is Winnall going. Which is sort of tainting the deal. Have to admit I'm not too pleased with him going. 

But Derby wanted him as part of the deal !!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Decent attacking midfielder in with a point to prove, I think he'll do well here. 

I'm predicting a Tom Lees version 2, going to have a reyt season after coming here during a bad time at a dodgy side. 

Not just you mate.  He's s great player.  Can tackle, is a bit of a bully and has a rocket shot on him.  Good business if you ask me!