Just me happy with Butterfield?

Good business.

Means we have an extra body in there and don't have to rush Lee back and put him in too early if we get any injuries or suspensions.

Lad has plenty of experience.

As for Winnall. I also see that as a good sign. Chance for him to go out and get games.  Also hints that Carlos is now confident that Fletcher and Hooper are going to be his main strike pairing.

Good stuff all around.

He looked like a top player at the dingles, but then had his injury and I don't think he's ever been exactly the same. Had two really poor years at Derby, he's slowed his game down, no risks and doesn't get forward like he used to. He's unquestionably a talented footballer and good with both feet. Will he get enough game time to rediscover the old him, or even play in a side that has style that allows him to rediscover the old him? I'm not sure.

7 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hopefully he can replicate his Huddersfield form. 

Look class in that vid.

Based on that I see him as competition for Bannan. 

Would be best off with a DM and let butterfield play. Good off both feet, great range of passing and looks to be positive.

Could be a great signing. 

Just watched his highlights from 14 15 just before he joined Derby 

Obvious he likes to play as an attacking midfielder , strong in the tackle , eye for goal , strong on both feet , can thread a pass . 

Could be the player we thought Abdi was going to be . 

Looks like a shrewd move .

Edited by hugeowl

9 hours ago, Sinner said:

Happy with him coming in, not so happy with Winnall going though.

Winnall was signed as an insurance policy should we not have signed Rhodes. We did which made Winnall surplus to requirements. 

Carlos couldn't find a place for Winnall in the team, come to think of it he struggles to find a place for Rhodes in the team which goes to show we probably didn't need to sign either?

We now have what we have and we'll see if Carlos can start to settle things down. If he can't then he'll be gone but probably not until the end of the season which will probably pi$$ some fans off?

9 hours ago, wilyfox said:

He is a good player. Like him. But I was more excited by the Isaac Success rumour which surprise surprise turned out to be BS. 

That's deadline day in a nutshell though...

I'm happy with the deal too... got one forward out to help the situation among our strikers; there's never a good atmosphere when there's 4-5 strikers and players don't get time on the pitch.. meanwhile, we needed another CM and we got a decent one, so all in all, happy. We kept Forestieri and Rhodes who I think both will come good for us again.

Edited by N0rtherner

I'm happy with this bit of business.

Got a sneaky feeling Butterfield will do well here, better than Jones and offers more than Hutch but Lee / Bannon still first choice for me when fit.

Winnall was always a 'just in case' we don't get JR buy at a good price, good luck to the lad at Derby.

I'm happy to see Butterfield at S6. Gives us more midfield options, puts Bannon under a little pressure and puts the jitters under Abdi. More competition for places is good.

Something had to give with our number of strikers available, Winnall unlucky I suppose, but we may see him back or we get a fat fee for him. Good for everyone.

Great to see the back of McGugon yesterday, we have had a good window overall IMO

When Lee and Hutchinson are fit, which I believe both are very close to being, where does that put Butterfield in the pecking order? Bannan has been stand out, Jones pulls his weight and puts in consistent performances, Lee is our best midfielder when fit, Hutch is the enforcer we need in certain games, so does he already find himself 4th or 5th choice? If we play a middle 3 he has a chance, but in a middle 2 I cant see it

Will be honest, a little bit underwhelmed. As has been said, the bloke's career has stalled, and I have a sneaky suspicion we won't rekindle it. If we can, he'll be a great signing... but I suspect we'll see more of the same as what he's been doing at Derby, and that will mean when all our midfield are fit he'll be one of the last names on the subs bench I'd imagine.

That said, gotta applaud the transfer deal in general. While it represents a bit of a gamble on our part, what it does do is change the balance of the squad personnel and makes the team look a bit more balanced on paper in a novel way, while also getting rid of a player who may have been creating some rifts in the dressing room. 

I may be pessimistic, but that's more down to our record over the last year of not getting players playing at necessarily their best, rather than a complaint about Butterfield's potential. If he can buck the trend, then a good solid move

Looking at last year's top scorers you have to say they all went or were linked away for good money. Far more money than I could have seen us realistically get for winnall. I don't think winnall is good enough to get into our team but that doesn't mean we shouldn't get the most we can for him. He won't get the goals to raise his valuation to that of an ince or an assombalonga here, so why not let derby do it for us?

Screenshot_2017-09-01-09-26-54.jpg