Alan Hutton?!

1 hour ago, 1993swfc said:

Big wages. Costing us a fee. No better than what we have. 32. 

Similar recruitment to last season it's looking like... and that worked so well last year. 

Please can we wait until we actually sign him before using it as an excuse to slag off the club.

He was their first choice right back last season. Played very well second half of the season according to their fans and local press - and they need to offload some of their higher earners to fund the Terry move so as much as they would like to keep him their hand may be forced. Might be a good bit of business to keep the pressure on Hunt or he may play right side of a back 3 as he is very good in the air.

As some have said it would make sense if we went to a back 3, but if we're playing a back 4, i don't really see that he's someone we need.

Despite some of the random hate, he's actually better than what we have at right back, but not so much better that I'd sign him ahead of dealing with the other holes in the squad.

10 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Alan Hutton ?????  No thank you.

He was crap at his peak, which was a very long time ago. A sending off waiting to happen too. Well over rated.

I don't think he can be over rated when the general consensus from everyone and the fans of his teams think he's bobbar

1 minute ago, TheRedanator said:

I don't think he can be over rated when the general consensus from everyone and the fans of his teams think he's bobbar

I mean over rated in the sense that clubs have paid a lot of money for his services over the years. Which in turn must mean that some important opinions in football have positively rated him.

26 minutes ago, Paul Triplo said:

He was their first choice right back last season. Played very well second half of the season according to their fans and local press - and they need to offload some of their higher earners to fund the Terry move so as much as they would like to keep him their hand may be forced. Might be a good bit of business to keep the pressure on Hunt or he may play right side of a back 3 as he is very good in the air.

Why should we be the ones to help out Villa's wage bill issues!

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

How come so many Wednesday fans are clued up on other teams players ?

Because we are all first rate scouts, managers and coaches. We all spend hours watching videos of other players and teams so that we know who they are, how they play and everything.

3 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

How come so many Wednesday fans are clued up on other teams players ?

Because he's played for high profile clubs like Spurs and Villa for the past 8 years, and he's a Scotland international too.

A player playing at that sort of level gets plenty of TV exposure and it wouldn't be unusual if some of our fans have seen Hutton play 30/40 times.

As for the random foreign players that people give an opinion on, I've not idea!!

6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Because he's played for high profile clubs like Spurs and Villa for the past 8 years, and he's a Scotland international too.

A player playing at that sort of level gets plenty of TV exposure and it wouldn't be unusual if some of our fans have seen Hutton play 30/40 times.

As for the random foreign players that people give an opinion on, I've not idea!!

So if he's had that much exposure playing for teams in the premiership for that long then they'd realise that he's got something... right? Or did the spurs, villa and scotland managers keep playing him for a laugh ??

Edited by s29wfc

1 minute ago, s29wfc said:

So if he's had that much exposure playing for teams in the premiership for that long then they'd realise that he's got something right? Or did the spurs, villa and scotland managers keep playing him for a laugh ??

From memory he was good at Spurs and a flop at Villa. Been in and out of the Villa team, and a shocking Villa team over the past few years at that.

Relied on pace back in the day, and now he's 33 he's lacking in one of his main attributes.

It's a bit like Francis Jeffers - good at Everton, a flop at Arsenal and everywhere else afterwards.