Sheffield Wednesday, black and mixed race players

I know he is not academy.

But I think Jose Semedo would be surprised that the club or fans were considered to have an underlying racist agenda.

He is one of the most popular players fan and management wise, to have graced a Wednesday shirt

Edited by Hawkowl

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

When the day comes when we select our team based on quota not ability

Thats the day I rip my season ticket up

This probably won't be too far in the distant future the way things are heading. 

1 minute ago, Hawkowl said:

But I think Jose Semedo would be surprised that the club or fans were considered to have an underlying racist agendas.

He is one of the most popular players fan and management wise to have graced a Wednesday shirt

Is there a more popular bit-part player anywhere in football?

Racism is the biggest 'non-issue' in football. Blown out of all proportions by a left wing minority and a vocal group of non-White ex footballers trying to maintain a lucrative career in football. 

45 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

But I think Jose Semedo would be surprised that the club or fans were considered to have an underlying racist agenda.

He is one of the most popular players fan and management wise, to have graced a Wednesday shirt

Thats not what Im saying though, I don't believe the club has any sort of agenda, and although we have a few racist fans, that probably just reflects society as a whole

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Not complaining, comparing 

Why do most people support Wednesday?

because their Dad and Grandad did.

Expecting ethnic minority's to attend in anywhere near the same ratios is completely unrealistic. Their ethnic roots are in different sports let alone different teams.

Give it another few generations and I am certain you'll see change.

I'm pleased to say that I look at the skill of the player and not the colour of his skin, I am very proud to be able to say that I saw Pele strut his stuff on the Hillsborough turf, at a time when black players were as rare as hen's teeth in the UK.

25 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Why do most people support Wednesday?

because their Dad and Grandad did.

Expecting ethnic minority's to attend in anywhere near the same ratios is completely unrealistic. Their ethnic roots are in different sports let alone different teams.

Give it another few generations and I am certain you'll see change.

That is certainly true, but doesn't necessarily explain why it should be any different for other similar placed clubs

Edited by gurujuan

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

And that's the way it should be Trev, but there is a question to be asked, why don't we produce black and mixed race players, when virtually every other big city club does. Even a club like Norwich do better on that score

Haven't read the whole thread but we haven't produced any players recently bar palmer. We tried to sign Austin last year and rumours are looking at a South African. We have a couple of players that fit your question but aren't good enough. Recently we have had Helen, jj, small, antiono, Clarke etc, we have Thai owners. 

Not it sure what your point is really