iFollow

On 29/06/2017 at 03:55, Orlando_Trustful said:

I never posted that. 

Spot on. @Grimbarian posted the detailed responses from iFollow. And thanks Grim by the way. 

I wonder if I can be a bit of an a/hole and use those that signed up already as guinea pigs. As there is no easy way out I don't want to sign for a year if it's up to the standard of Player.

Can I ask for those with subscriptions to post their findings with preseason games and stream quality? This interests me greatly and could be excellent. 

On 30/06/2017 at 16:33, Ante's Bubbly said:

This new player is more expensive than buying two season tickets for kids under 11 and taking them to watch every home game. 

If you have already bought a season ticket can you get the away matches for £55 (minus half a dozen that are not shown due to Sky, BT etc). You would get to watch maybe 10 to 15 games if you go to a couple of away matches too. It seems very expensive unless you live abroad and want to watch every game.

Is there a match by match option like with NowTV £7 a day or £10 a week? £5 a match would be fair as you wouldnt be getting all the channels for 24hrs and all the games are filmed anyway because somebody managed to stream them all illegally and for free the season before last albeit without commentary.

Pardon my frankness but that is the whole  point of the thing. It's not there to circumvent via VPN so people on the UK can watch live streams. I'm not having a go at people trying such tactics but that's not what the service is intended for. It's there for people who would be unable to use a season ticket as they live in another country. 

I'm slightly concerned about using this until I know it works with a VPN for certain. 

I emailed Ifollow and asked them about vpns (I thought foook it) and they responded saying they have measures in place to detect vpns and if caught they will cancel the account with no refund given. 

2 hours ago, RichieB said:

I'm slightly concerned about using this until I know it works with a VPN for certain. 

I emailed Ifollow and asked them about vpns (I thought foook it) and they responded saying they have measures in place to detect vpns and if caught they will cancel the account with no refund given. 

The people planning to do that are going to love you.

Bet you were the kid at school "miss miss Dave's cheating"

11 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Eh? I'm not grassing on people am I so calm down dearlol

I just wanted to try find out about the VPN thing with them because I want to do it too :biggrin: If anything I'm just letting people know what they told me. 

And who knows they might be talking shiit anyway to try put people off using them, is it even possible they can know if a VPN is being used?? 

31 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

And why do you say that as though I've alerted them to people using vpns? If you think they weren't already aware of vpns your naive as foook I'm sorry to say.

If it was just £5 or £10 it wouldn't be a problem to just try it out, then if they cancel the account it's no big deal to lose that money, but £110 is alot of money to commit to before trying to find out more, don't you agree? 

Edited by RichieB

4 hours ago, RichieB said:

...they responded saying they have measures in place to detect vpns...

Yeah. Good luck with that. VPN connections are notoriously difficult to detect and track so I suspect that the instance of being detected this way will be small.

I think it's more likely that over time they will examine the bank details if subscribers and go "hey! Meadowhall Llodys branch isn't in Mexico!"

20 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It is definitely a system that is going to be abused. I suppose if they're making money they won't be too arsed. 

The question is can their app prevent against this backdoor technology. Some apps can, some apps cant.

The ones who will be arsed is the rights holders to the Championship/Leagues because its revenue leakage for them and iFollow would I assume have a duty to prevent this.

If a million people are illegally watching on a saturday they are missing that revenue through the turnstiles.

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Yeah. Good luck with that. VPN connections are notoriously difficult to detect and track so I suspect that the instance of being detected this way will be small.

I think it's more likely that over time they will examine the bank details if subscribers and go "hey! Meadowhall Llodys branch isn't in Mexico!"

I know Bet365 site definitely doesnt even let you log in with a VPN and I think some other bookies but cant remember off the top of my head...

hopefully this will be ok as it seems people can actually get in using the vpn's

The great thing about Ifollow is that with the hugely increased coverage of Championship games, surely there will be more streams available to watch.

I'm not saying every single match but I'd bet that there'll be more matches than we've been use to.

Netflix regularly block VPN's, a lot of companies do, it's was a bit of a contentious issue last year, and still is.  

There are some ways around it though, and we're talking hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of people around the world watching Netflix content here: not a few thousand SWFC fans paying over £100 to watch a bit of football.  Besides, VPN's get regularly added/changed, meaning content can be accessed again...it's a game of cat and mouse.

iFollow have to say what they said, their contract with the EFL probably states they have to actively attempt to curb UK residents accessing content.  However, I very much doubt there will be any kind of regular and hardcore culling of accounts.  It's wont be a big enough issue/concern for them. 

I use Amazon.com to purchase digital content for US logged Kindles.  I use a USA PSN account and buy dollars in PSN credit to buy US PSN games in the EU.  I've watched US Netflix content using a VPN.  This happens everywhere these days and the general feeling at the end of day is this: if the company is making money?  They don't give a throw.  :biggrin:

I'll be signing up. 

43 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

Currently their feeds are un-encrypted and easy to download via ffmpeg, whether that will change for when they're live time will tell.

Don't mention possible work arounds in here you'll get the goody two shoes Dobbin you in.