iFollow

Just to clarify with the people who have already signed up as I am moving abroad again at the start of August.

You can sign up now?

You can sign up with a UK credit card?

Once you are abroad you can automatically access the online streams for the games?

25 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Just to clarify with the people who have already signed up as I am moving abroad again at the start of August.

You can sign up now?

You can sign up with a UK credit card?

Once you are abroad you can automatically access the online streams for the games?

If you want to sign up to the video service you need to be accessing the website from a foreign location when you sign up. So you would need to wait until you move abroad to sign up or use a VPN as discussed throughout this topic. If you try to sign up with a UK IP address you will only have the option for audio commentary, not the video version. You can't sign up to the video service while your'e in the UK and then use it when abroad (unless you use a VPN). 

As long as you are accessing through a foreign location you can sign up now, you can pay with a UK card and you can access the games once you are abroad. 

3 hours ago, alexwatson12 said:

If you want to sign up to the video service you need to be accessing the website from a foreign location when you sign up. So you would need to wait until you move abroad to sign up or use a VPN as discussed throughout this topic. If you try to sign up with a UK IP address you will only have the option for audio commentary, not the video version. You can't sign up to the video service while your'e in the UK and then use it when abroad (unless you use a VPN). 

As long as you are accessing through a foreign location you can sign up now, you can pay with a UK card and you can access the games once you are abroad. 

Great. I'll wait until August. Cheers. 

5 hours ago, alexwatson12 said:

I don't think it is as straight forward as that since the cost of the video service is considerably more?

I would assume that you are unable to subscribe to the service unless you do so from the overseas location and pay at this time etc?

1 hour ago, zakswfc said:

I don't think it is as straight forward as that since the cost of the video service is considerably more?

I would assume that you are unable to subscribe to the service unless you do so from the overseas location and pay at this time etc?

That's what he said innit ?

3 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Great. I'll wait until August. Cheers. 

...and I'm not sure if you're aware of what VPN's do, but using Windscribe as an example, it's as easy as it looks.  Just select your region, switch it on, and voila.  Your internet now 'originates' from another country.  

WS.png.d141e99a0ef61282507409379976e921.png

Edited by Suzuki_San

As an aside, I only used Windscribe as an example, as I was checking them out earlier.  They are currently on sale in the latest Humble Bundle for under a tenner for a years subscription (usually $90).  Along with a load of other stuff in the bundle.

Windscribe are a good choice, or https://nordvpn.com/ have a good rep too.   

Edited by Suzuki_San

1 hour ago, zakswfc said:

Swot he said...

1 hour ago, TheWednesdayFC said:

That's what he said innit ?

Not by my reading. he said sign up here but then switch on your VPN and your away. 

Was just thinking that it would be a bit more trickier than that. 

11 hours ago, zakswfc said:

Not by my reading. he said sign up here but then switch on your VPN and your away. 

Was just thinking that it would be a bit more trickier than that. 

I said: "If you want to sign up to the video service you need to be accessing the website from a foreign location when you sign up".

On 6/23/2017 at 09:03, alexwatson12 said:

I said: "If you want to sign up to the video service you need to be accessing the website from a foreign location when you sign up".

I wasn't clear so i go again.

I cannot see how you will be able sign up successfully using a UK debit card, even though you may be accessing iFollow from outside the UK, weather virtual or physical.

I understood you were suggesting that we use a VPN and then pay on a UK card. This i do not think will work.

8 hours ago, zakswfc said:

I wasn't clear so i go again.

I cannot see how you will be able sign up successfully using a UK debit card, even though you may be accessing iFollow from outside the UK, weather virtual or physical.

I understood you were suggesting that we use a VPN and then pay on a UK card. This i do not think will work.

You can sign up with a Visa/Mastercard/Amex - just have to subscribe from a PC outside the UK - I live abroad but used my UK CC. No Problem.

9 hours ago, zakswfc said:

I live in Sweden and have a UK debit card as I still have my Santander account from when I left the UK in 2004.

2 hours ago, Kibris said:

You can sign up with a Visa/Mastercard/Amex - just have to subscribe from a PC outside the UK - I live abroad but used my UK CC. No Problem.

1 hour ago, Grimbarian said:

I live in Sweden and have a UK debit card as I still have my Santander account from when I left the UK in 2004.

I would have thought that as soon as they see the billing address to be located in the UK they would reject it or cancel the sub etc.

I was going to wait till nearer the day in case the above happen and but the payment being no refundable or something. 

It is quite plausible that someone might be abroad as a temporary thing and not have changed their bank details eg my son studied in Italy for 15 months and did not change bank details and continued to use our home address as his banking address. 

A UK address may arouse suspicions but I doubt they would block a subscription automatically.

I don't know how much effort they will put into investigating any suspect subscriptions.

I'm in Germany for 2 years for work have a German address etc..but still have my UK CC i do however have a German DC  if this option is available does anyone know what platforms are available?  Is it just windows or Linux based systems only ?