iFollow

I spoke to them a week or two ago, at the time you could only pay by debit or credit card but these can be UK registered cards. The payment card can be UK registered, that's not a problem. You just need to be located abroad when you actually sign up for the service and use it. 

Also, they were looking to add PayPal and Direct Debit as payment options ASAP, they might have done it by now. 

Edited by alexwatson12

Sent them an email asking 8 clearly written questions:

1. Will there be monthly payment options?
2. Will there be other payment options besides credit card?
3. If there is only an option to pay yearly what is the
cancellation/refund policy? If I cancel after 1 month do I receive 11
month's refund back?
4. Will the live matches have commentary? If so by whom?
5. What will the framerate and bitrate of the matches be?
6. How much delay on the broadcast will there be compared to the real
match?
7. Is any of the service handled at any area by "Perform" who previously
provided the "Wednesday Player" service (which was very, very poor and
prone to breaking constantly).

8. How would I watch the matches on PC if I don't have an Android/Apple device?

Received a lazy copy and paste back which ignores all the questions:

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

The EFL is the new name for the English Football League. The clubs that play in the EFL are the 72 teams from England’s Championship, League One and League Two. At the end of every Premier League season, three clubs are relegated from the EPL to the Championship. Those three clubs then become members of the EFL.

*If you access from within the UK, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales, Scotland, Channel Islands (including Jersey), and Isle of Man, you will not be able to watch live match streaming but you will have access to live audio commentary.

Using monthly direct debit, your monthly fee will not increase, unless of failed bill payment or cancellation of service. Please note the subscription at this rate does not include live video streaming, but does include live audio commentary, highlights and archived match replays.
If you are accessing from outside the UK, you can purchase an upgrade for your subscription to gain access to live video broadcasts. Visit your club’s iFollow website to view available subscription offerings.

At this time iFollow's service is accessible through PC/Mac and supported mobile/tablet devices via the web browser.

A brand new iFollow app will be launched in the next few months allowing fans to keep track of their 's content and use the iFollow service on the go.

Please check back in the near future for the newly updated iFollow Branded apps for mobile and connected devices.

Best regards,

EFL iFollow Support

Ticket Details

Hardly an auspicious start to their "customer support" relationship.

4 hours ago, Grimbarian said:

Sent them an email asking 8 clearly written questions:

Received a lazy copy and paste back which ignores all the questions:

Hardly an auspicious start to their "customer support" relationship.

I replied:

I wrote an email asking 8 very clearly written questions in English, you reply with a copy and paste that essentially ignores every single question, hardly an appropriate way to perform customer support?

Eventually they replied:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

1. Will there be monthly payment options? Currently there are no monthly subscription. Packages available here https://www.sufc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

2. Will there be other payment options besides credit card? No. Credit cards are the only acceptable form of payment. Visa, Mastercard and American Express.

3. If there is only an option to pay yearly what is the cancellation/refund policy? If I cancel after 1 month do I receive 11 month's refund back? Season Pass is available. You can cancel your renewal at anytime. Per the Terms and conditions there are no refunds for any iFollow subscriptions.

4. Will the live matches have commentary? If so by whom? Live commentary will be available. Who will do the commentary varies per match and respected clubs.

5. What will the framerate and bitrate of the matches be? The live streams are intended to be 720p HD 30 FPS. All subject to on site streaming conditions, your internet connection and speed.

6. How much delay on the broadcast will there be compared to the real match? Live online streaming can be 20 secs to 2 minutes behind from live on actual venue.

7. Is any of the service handled at any area by "Perform" who previously provided the "Wednesday Player" service (which was very, very poor and prone to breaking constantly). No. Perform will not provide any support for iFollow. Neulion is now the provider for all EFL, iFollow online streams.

8. How would I watch the matches on PC if I don't have an Android/Apple device? You will watch directly through the website on your PC. https://www.sufc.co.uk/ifollow/

Either their CS was taking the p*ss or just dumb.

Edited by Grimbarian

On 06/06/2017 at 17:05, prowl said:

Some true Wednesday fans have to move out of the area to earn a living and put food in their kids mouths.

Football or kids welfare? Not even a choice

You're right.

Football obviously? 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, MrSlade said:

From looking at the fixture list, it appears that the pre-season friendlies will be broadcast as well.

Yep I was thinking the same!

13 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Time to get some Pre season training in on the system before the real stuff starts

whats your internet like over there mate? - I dont want to splash out for a season pass and find its buffering all the time.

1 hour ago, Kibris said:

whats your internet like over there mate? - I dont want to splash out for a season pass and find its buffering all the time.

Watched archive games with no buffering at home no problem

It's what happens with live games in the bar that needs to be seen.

Internet speeds in Lanzarote are traditionally poor

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Watched archive games with no buffering at home no problem

It's what happens with live games in the bar that needs to be seen.

Internet speeds in Lanzarote are traditionally poor

Yeah over here too - will give it a go though.