semi may be staying

Guest The Claw

5 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Well, if he's going back to Portugal, I'm escaping. Too bloody hot I'd imagine. Think someone like Nicky Weaver would have Ferrets, so perhaps he would like a new pet. Still, I'm hopeful of staying put. Dad loves the owls and acts as a middle man between the management and team. Youngsters Definitely look upto him. 

Are you talking to yourself here? 

4 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Baffled to understand what he can offer a top 6 championship side!

Would love him to come back in a coaching capacity in the future but think he would be better off playing on a regular basis.

it's obviously a behind the scenes thing.

1 hour ago, Owl247 said:

My sister lives close to him and my nephew and niece go to school with his kids. He had a removal van at the house this week so my sister called round so the kids could all play together and asked him what was happening. He said he was going back to Portugal on Monday and would try to find a club there. If not he said he will retire and focus on coaching 

I also saw the removal van at his house on Wednesday afternoon. He's gone.

It's Groundhog Day.

Playoff disappointment followed by Semedo signing. 

Cue lots of subsequent speculation over possible signings before we sign a bunch of players we don't need.

I really hope the process doesn't get repeated but already it looks like it may

It will give us an indication if CC is going to change things around.  Somehow I suspect he won't.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

The truth is he'd come back a better coach for getting some good playing time in towards the end of his career.

He has already proved to me this season he plays the game differently to when he joined us, he matured somewhat, which is strange for an older player - but he did.   Suddenly he can pass forward 15 to 25 yards with a cutting pass, where did that come from?   I've never seen it in him before.   Not just once, but several times.   In a side which lacks that.

Drop down a level, be a big fish in a little pond where you can be centre of attention and play a big part, maybe be captain and learn other aspects of the game you weren't able to previously in your career.    Then if both parties willing, come back as coach.   

5 hours ago, salmonbones said:

Suddenly he can pass forward 15 to 25 yards with a cutting pass, where did that come from?   I've never seen it in him before.   Not just once, but several times.   In a side which lacks that.

I love him but dont know where you're getting this from. He didnt do that once this season?

7 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It's Groundhog Day.

Playoff disappointment followed by Semedo signing. 

Cue lots of subsequent speculation over possible signings before we sign a bunch of players we don't need.

I really hope the process doesn't get repeated but already it looks like it may

It will give us an indication if CC is going to change things around.  Somehow I suspect he won't.

Let's hope it results in us finishing two places higher in the league again too, eh?