Next season kit

3 minutes ago, darklord said:

hes already said he doesnt like stripes so i doubt they will ever return while he owns us

Well this is what I'm trying to get at.. as some on here are under the illusion that they will be back.

Like you said, he doesn't like stripes and for me that points to a kit without our stripes long term.

Yes I'm all up for a change every now and then although annoyed that our 150th kit won't be stripes but it would only be fair to fans to make it clear as to wether the stripes are gone for good or not.

3 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Speak for yourself! I like the retro shirt. 

Sick of fans thinking they speak for everyone. 

Im sick of fans that live the other side of the world telling me that it looks great, but when we go to home matches it should be nothing other than a sea of blue and white stripes. Its our identity

Edited by ViolaOwls

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Chansiri is a businessman; if the figures suggest he's made a mistake then I'm sure he'll rectify it. But judging by the number of fans who turn up to Hillsborough wearing the current shirt, and the fact that it sold in record numbers, you may be out of touch with the majority of Wednesdayites (I know there are several vociferous voices on this matter on here, but Owlstalk can be a bit of an echo chamber in that respect - we're not actually that representative of the fanbase at large). Personally, I think it looks OK but I don't like it enough to buy it. I have high hopes for next season's effort, though...

Even my 4 year old wont wear this seasons. Hes blue and white stripes only. I'm fed up of saying it but as a club we are that late selling shirts people would buy a Tesco bin liner as a shirt as they are that desperate to buy one. The club knows this and is getting away with it. But in a year or 2's time people will get fed up and crave the stripes back

Edited by ViolaOwls

20 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I forgot the quotation marks ................................ kill me 

It wont be percieved as a "Wednesday Kit" is that better 

Take a look at the new Bayern Munich crest that's how you honour tradition minute changes to modernise not just bin the vast majority of your clubs history because the owner doesn't like stripes 

Come on now Lawrie - no killing needed around these parts lol

16 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

What they sell retro shirts... that actually have them in the shop?

Yeah - I have the 91/92 home and away shirts. They don't have the 'umbro' on it but otherwise pretty accurate.

They also do slightly older ones from early 80s and, ironically enough, the blue with white sleeves from the 60s. 

3 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Stripes......could this be a clue?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/june/dream-scene-des-joins-the-dressing-room

Cant recall des ever wearing that kit?

Or am I just living ion false hope lol

They are putting him in this kit, although with a blue collar currently and the PUMA logo will be the rectangle which was on the fan version

des-walker_dream-scene_ia.jpg

18 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Even my 4 year old won't wear this season's.

Hes blue and white stripes only. I'm fed up of saying it but as a club we are that late selling shirts people would buy a Tesco bin liner as a shirt as they are that desperate to buy one. The club knows this and is getting away with it. But in a year or 2's time people will get fed up and crave the stripes back

Even my 4 year old won't wear one?

Really?

He won't wear one?

Or You won't buy him one. lol

5 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Even my 4 year old won't wear one?

Really?

He won't wear one?

Or You won't buy him one. lol

He doesn't like it. Wears the away one or the one from last season. Its crackers

His bro to be fair only wears it 6 days out of 7 each week....the current one

8 minutes ago, Russy said:

They are putting him in this kit, although with a blue collar currently and the PUMA logo will be the rectangle which was on the fan version

des-walker_dream-scene_ia.jpg

Yeah I thought that but then the collar isn't right which you rightly point out. In fact its more v neck with a collar

Look I'm desperate for stripes lol 

40 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Im sick of fans that live the other side of the world telling me that it looks great, but when we go to home matches it should be nothing other than a sea of blue and white stripes. Its our identity

Point out where I imposed my point of view on you. Or get un-workable nobhead. 

22 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I forgot the quotation marks ................................ kill me 

It wont be percieved as a "Wednesday Kit" is that better 

Take a look at the new Bayern Munich crest that's how you honour tradition minute changes to modernise not just bin the vast majority of your clubs history because the owner doesn't like stripes 

So bringing out a kit that is similar to the one we wore for our 100th anniversary is binning the clubs history...reyt

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Do you like it enough to attend a game? 

Cheap shot I had a season ticket for 20 years. I spent 2000 dollars flying home for the playoffs. I'm awake every Sunday morning at 2am listening to or watching whatever games are available. 

Don't question my commitment. 

Just now, kingsidney said:

Cheap shot I had a season ticket for 20 years. I spent 2000 dollars flying home for the playoffs. I'm awake every Sunday morning at 2am listening to or watching whatever games are available. 

Don't question my commitment. 

Commitment lol

2 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

Even my 4 year old wont wear this seasons. Hes blue and white stripes only. I'm fed up of saying it but as a club we are that late selling shirts people would buy a Tesco bin liner as a shirt as they are that desperate to buy one. The club knows this and is getting away with it. But in a year or 2's time people will get fed up and crave the stripes back

If people really have a problem with the shirt, the obvious answer is to not buy one. I've not particularly liked plenty of our shirts over the years... so I don't own any of them - I just buy the ones I like.

The idea that people rush out to buy shirts they really can't stand is bizarre, especially when there are away shirts, 3rd strips and retro shirts available instead.

The fact that plenty bought the current shirt suggests enough people like it, despite it not being my personal favourite. I know it's not what the stripe-only brigade want to hear, but if next season's shirt looks good, I'll buy it - stripes it no stripes. It seems a lot seem to feel that way.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If people really have a problem with the shirt, the obvious answer is to not buy one. I've not particularly liked plenty of our shirts over the years... so I don't own any of them - I just buy the ones I like.

The idea that people rush out to buy shirts they really can't stand is bizarre, especially when there are away shirts, 3rd strips and retro shirts available instead.

The fact that plenty bought the current shirt suggests enough people like it, despite it not being my personal favourite. I know it's not what the stripe-only brigade want to hear, but if next season's shirt looks good, I'll buy it - stripes it no stripes. It seems a lot seem to feel that way.

I buy them for the kids mate. Colours nailed to the mast an all that. Kids today wear far too many barca, madrid tops for me, not my lads