Next season kit

6 hours ago, Geedee said:

Imo the home kit should be traditional broad royal blue and white stripes, the design can be altered slightly every year to flog more shirts and away shirts can vary wildly. But the current shirt and the proposed return to the Wednesday 'Arsenal' shirt is simply the wrong thing thing to do. 

Home shirt =  Broad Royal Blue and White Stripes. That Mr. Chansari is what the vast majority of your customers want. 

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Speak for yourself! I like the retro shirt. 

Sick of fans thinking they speak for everyone. 

I was speaking for myself that's why the first thing I typed was imo and I did not say everyone I said the vast majority. 

I really do not see the problem, my all time favourite shirt era  is the Bukta stripes, i like stripes, but open to new designs...after all its not like we have always played in striped is it, we have had other variations.

The guy that bought the club and spent millions putting together our best squad since 1993 doe not like stripes....moaning is not going to change that. Buying a shirt is optional, personally I did not like last seasons home shirt, so I bought the away one because I liked it, in the past i have not bought a shirt because I did not like them, instead favouring a retro shirt to attend games. 

It is just a shirt, lets actually see it first.

32 minutes ago, striker said:

I really do not see the problem, my all time favourite shirt era  is the Bukta stripes, i like stripes, but open to new designs...after all its not like we have always played in striped is it, we have had other variations.

The guy that bought the club and spent millions putting together our best squad since 1993 doe not like stripes....moaning is not going to change that. Buying a shirt is optional, personally I did not like last seasons home shirt, so I bought the away one because I liked it, in the past i have not bought a shirt because I did not like them, instead favouring a retro shirt to attend games. 

It is just a shirt, lets actually see it first.

When you buy a club you buy into the history and the fans that actually are the club. Theres certain things you shouldn't Pi$$ about with. I don't mind a commercial ploy for a couple of years, but other than that we are famous for blue and white stripes, not all blue shirts. Its our DNA

2 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

When you buy a club you buy into the history and the fans that actually are the club. Theres certain things you shouldn't Pi$$ about with. I don't mind a commercial ploy for a couple of years, but other than that we are famous for blue and white stripes, not all blue shirts. Its our DNA

Agree to a point, I do think DC has been sympathetic and respectful to our tradition in most parts though....we could have had someone like the crackpot at Cardiff! That said the lack of stripes will not stop me enjoying my football, I am still looking forward to a good season next year.

Just now, striker said:

Agree to a point, I do think DC has been sympathetic and respectful to our tradition in most parts though....we could have had someone like the crackpot at Cardiff! That said the lack of stripes will not stop me enjoying my football, I am still looking forward to a good season next year.

Yes he has to a degree, and like its been stated on here already. our 100 years kit was all blue with white sleeves. Very unpopular at the time I might add

Like I've said... I'm not keen on the idea of no stripes..

All I want to know is, is it a short term... a couple of seasons or is it what we are having from now on?

Or are people actually not bothered if we never have stripes ever again?

5 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

Even my 4 year old won't wear one?

Really?

He won't wear one?

Or You won't buy him one. lol

I go halves with my sister on a shirt for her lad who i take to games it has always been the home shirt that he picks upto last season he hated the home shirt ( probably more than i did } so he bought the 3rd Shirt it was his decision id have happily bought him the Home shirt 

The blue shirt with white sleeves in the 60s was originally mostly for TV purposes. So that we were easier to distinguish from the opposites back in the days of black and white TV highlights. The return to it, said to be because DC doesn't like stripes, seems to me to be more a marketing ploy. Because if we go up in our 150th anniversary season wearing the anniversary kit. Just imagine the shirt sales next summer if we return to stripes as a top flight side? Personally I don't mind if it's just temporary. I would rather last seasons and this seasons kits to look more like the kits they're based upon and be made in a retro way, as retro kits are better quality, than the cheaply made overpriced shirts that fall apart. But hopefully we will have stripes back the season after next season?

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

5 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

I buy them for the kids mate. Colours nailed to the mast an all that. Kids today wear far too many barca, madrid tops for me, not my lads

Now that I agree with. There's nothing worse than seeing kids in shirts of clubs they're never going to actively support when there's a local club right on their doorstep.

And I appreciate it would take a particularly hardcore stripe aficionado to refuse to buy this season's shirt for their kid - “sorry lad, it may be all you wanted for your 6th birthday, but Chansiri's fecked around with our kit and you'll not wear one until he gives the stripes back!"

Childhood memories may also explain why evenly-striped Wednesday shirts aren't the be all and end all for me, too - one of my favourite shirts as a kid was the '95-'97 one with the white panel down the middle, so I don't associate Wednesday with stripes and stripes alone...in the same way that I imagine anyone first following the team during any of the other periods when we've not played in blue and white stripes  - which total more than a fifth of our club's history - won't either.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Now that I agree with. There's nothing worse than seeing kids in shirts of clubs they're never going to actively support when there's a local club right on their doorstep.

And I appreciate it would take a particularly hardcore stripe aficionado to refuse to buy this season's shirt for their kid - “sorry lad, it may be all you wanted for your 6th birthday, but Chansiri's fecked around with our kit and you'll not wear one until he gives the stripes back!"

Childhood memories may also explain why evenly-striped Wednesday shirts aren't the be all and end all for me, too - one of my favourite shirts as a kid was the '95-'97 one with the white panel down the middle, so I don't associate Wednesday with stripes and stripes alone...in the same way that I imagine anyone first following the team during any of the other periods when we've not played in blue and white stripes  - which total more than a fifth of our club's history - won't either.

I started watching us in the blue Hibs kit.  I hated it then and I don't want it back.  Will it stop me going, no I'm a Wednesdayite.  Anybody who thinks they'll see stripes again under DC is delusional.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. If you want stripes only, fair enough. If you don't, also fair enough.

The only thing that gets me shaking my head is people who say "That's not a Wednesday kit in my eyes... I prefer the black away kit." Surely the blue and white in any design is more Wednesday than the black, yellow, silver/purple, green/white, whatever, that is the away kit!

21 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

birmingham_city_2016-2017-1st.gif

This will be our kit from 2018/19 on wards, with the relevant correct badges of course.

Shame really, as we should really fight for our striped identity. That's what money does though doesn't it.

Is it OK if those of us who don't really mind the non-striped shirts don't join your fight?

I've worn non-striped Wednesday shirts before, and I'm sure I will do again. If next season's shirt is a well-made homage to our 100th anniversary kit, then it'll probably be in a few months' time, in fact.

If there really is a genuine aversion to the lack of stripes among the general fanbase, then I'm sure we'll get the stripes back soon enough as sales start to drop. As you say: money talks.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

5 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

The blue shirt with white sleeves in the 60s was originally mostly for TV purposes. So that we were easier to distinguish from the opposites back in the days of black and white TV highlights. The return to it, said to be because DC doesn't like stripes, seems to me to be more a marketing ploy. Because if we go up in our 150th anniversary season wearing the anniversary kit. Just imagine the shirt sales next summer if we return to stripes as a top flight side? Personally I don't mind if it's just temporary. I would rather last seasons and this seasons kits to look more like the kits they're based upon and be made in a retro way, as retro kits are better quality, than the cheaply made overpriced shirts that fall apart. But hopefully we will have stripes back the season after next season?

never heard the TV excuse for that kit before ......considering our striped  kit would only clash in black and white with blunts ,sunderland & stoke  I find it hard to understand especially when there was so little football on television back then .......not saying your wrong coz I don't know why they changed but that's a weak reason if you are right .

On 16/06/2017 at 15:49, markowl said:

Our season ended 4 weeks ago. If we had got to the play off final it would have been 3 weeks. 

By all means moan, but don't just make stuff up.

if our last game was on the 7th May, and he posted on friday the 16th of June, thats 40 days .. more than 4 weeks

Edited by Hack-Abusi

Saw a kid yesterday wearing the new blavdes kit so they've got theirs out already. But for those of you moaning it is flippinghorrendous. Didn't know wether to laugh at the poor get or feel sorry for him. It's like an advertising board. Truly horrible

6 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Saw a kid yesterday wearing the new blavdes kit so they've got theirs out already. But for those of you moaning it is flippinghorrendous. Didn't know wether to laugh at the poor get or feel sorry for him. It's like an advertising board. Truly horrible

Ahh well ya see,thats cos it has ADIDAS on it,its a proper manufacturer innit,they love owt like that dem blades,proper fashionistas they are.