Next season kit

40 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Couldn't give a shiny sheeeite it wont be a Wednesday Kit and i can see a price well north of £60 so stick it where the sun don't shine 

So the kit our team will be playing in isn't a Wednesday kit? - sorry does not compute :ghoulguy:

54 minutes ago, Spookone said:

So the kit our team will be playing in isn't a Wednesday kit? - sorry does not compute :ghoulguy:

I forgot the quotation marks ................................ kill me 

It wont be percieved as a "Wednesday Kit" is that better 

Take a look at the new Bayern Munich crest that's how you honour tradition minute changes to modernise not just bin the vast majority of your clubs history because the owner doesn't like stripes 

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Couldn't give a shiny sheeeite it wont be a Wednesday Kit and i can see a price well north of £60 so stick it where the sun don't shine 

I scored many a goal on local field wearing that shirt was always prendergast. For me I quite like it for one season 

12 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Stripes will be back Lawrie, you know that.

All this "thin end of the wedge" business about the kit and the badge, while I can understand people not being happy by some of the decisions so far, DC does strike me as the kind of bloke who'll go out on a headstrong whim sometimes but he'll also listen to criticism and if the fans aren't happy, hed put things right.   

People say he's out of touch with our tradition but next season we'll be wearing a kit based on a design from 50 years ago with a badge on it that was based on one from nearly 100 years ago!

Based on what ?

He's based 2 shirts ( or will have ) on Shirts from our past both largely unpopular 1 we wore for less than season the other for 7 seasons. we have worn Stripes for 130 years plus . 

Its disgraceful that in our 150th anniversary year we are not going to be wearing our traditional design of shirt IMO

For me the only alternative to stripes that would have any credence would be Hoops ( i'd hate that too by the way ) as that is the earliest recorded strip we wore in the truest sense of the term Kit

The shirt despite cost or design will sell and sell loads like last season and that fact will be the only arbiter 

In the area i sit in the North there are quite a few who bought last seasons shirt and to a man ( and woman) they all said they wish it had been proper stripes 

IMO its binning our History when we should be celebrating it 

Traditions tradition and I understand tampering with it will infuriate and frustrate some but given some folks reaction I sometimes think some on here were happier when the people in charge at the club were calling us 'scum' and 'cretins'?

34 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I scored many a goal on local field wearing that shirt was always prendergast. For me I quite like it for one season 

18 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I wouldn't mind it for one season just not such a celebratory season 

4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Come on!  I sit on the North too, I haven't done a straw poll of people round me but I chat to loads of fans all the time and not one has been as vociferously against it as you are, there are loads that prefer stripes but nobody I've spoken are strolling round in black and white with violins playing in the background, wishing they had a striped shirt!

Stripes will be back, I'll put a friendly wager on it.

That doesn't sound overly vociferous 

Last seasons shirt is a nice looking shirt just not a nice looking Wednesday Shirt its not even a good approximation of the shirt its supposedly based on 

7 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Traditions tradition and I understand tampering with it will infuriate and frustrate some but given some folks reaction I sometimes think some on here were happier when the people in charge at the club were calling us 'scum' and 'cretins'?

Tradition has nothing whatever to do with who is running the club and to try imply that i'm not happy that Chansiri is in charge is false but equally he has got some things badly wrong in my view. the shirt being one of them He has also got much more things bang on

If you don't value Tradition then i take it you wouldn't mind if he changed our colours to Red and White as long as he doesn't call us "cretins and scum" 

18 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

That doesn't sound overly vociferous 

Last seasons shirt is a nice looking shirt just not a nice looking Wednesday Shirt its not even a good approximation of the shirt its supposedly based on 

Tradition has nothing whatever to do with who is running the club and to try imply that i'm not happy that Chansiri is in charge is false but equally he has got some things badly wrong in my view. the shirt being one of them He has also got much more things bang on

If you don't value Tradition then i take it you wouldn't mind if he changed our colours to Red and White as long as he doesn't call us "cretins and scum" 

After the sh!!!tte we've all witnessed for the best part of 20 years I'm not that bothered what the kit looks like as long as we're showing signs of being competitive on the pitch again but that's just my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

So the players wear Ipswich kit.  We can't stop it.   Just hope fans only buy retro striped shirts in the club shop.

If Hillsboro is a sea of stripes, eventually the message will get through.

Haven't they stopped selling retro kits.  Didn't see any the last couple of times I've been in.

18 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

So the players wear Ipswich kit.  We can't stop it.   Just hope fans only buy retro striped shirts in the club shop.

If Hillsboro is a sea of stripes, eventually the message will get through.

What they sell retro shirts... that actually have them in the shop?

Blue and white stripes for me...

It's our kit...

If a stranger was to come up to you from another country and was a football fan and asked you about Sheffield Wednesday.. he says.. what colours do you team play In?

Blue and white stripes. It's Sheffield Wednesday. 

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

Imo the home kit should be traditional broad royal blue and white stripes, the design can be altered slightly every year to flog more shirts and away shirts can vary wildly. But the current shirt and the proposed return to the Wednesday 'Arsenal' shirt is simply the wrong thing thing to do. 

Home shirt =  Broad Royal Blue and White Stripes. That Mr. Chansari is what the vast majority of your customers want. 

11 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Imo the home kit should be traditional broad royal blue and white stripes, the design can be altered slightly every year to flog more shirts and away shirts can vary wildly. But the current shirt and the proposed return to the Wednesday 'Arsenal' shirt is simply the wrong thing thing to do. 

Home shirt =  Broad Royal Blue and White Stripes. That Mr. Chansari is what the vast majority of your customers want. 

Speak for yourself! I like the retro shirt. 

Sick of fans thinking they speak for everyone. 

Edited by kingsidney

39 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Chansiri is a businessman; if the figures suggest he's made a mistake then I'm sure he'll rectify it. But judging by the number of fans who turn up to Hillsborough wearing the current shirt, and the fact that it sold in record numbers, you may be out of touch with the majority of Wednesdayites (I know there are several vociferous voices on this matter on here, but Owlstalk can be a bit of an echo chamber in that respect - we're not actually that representative of the fanbase at large). Personally, I think it looks OK but I don't like it enough to buy it. I have high hopes for next season's effort, though...

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Like I've said in the past... my gripe I have is that if enough shirts are sold in it's current form e.g. the new shirt, will that make chansiri assume fans are happy with it. Yes I guess fans will be happy, it's something different but over the long term?

If he was to say it's just for this season and that he doesn't plan to take the stripes away for good then I might buy it. The problem I have is nothing is being said about the long term plans for kit design.

Some may say I'm being daft but for me Wednesday play in blue and white stripes, yes chansiri has been a great chairman and others say he puts the money in he can do what he wants... well yes fair enough let him do what he wants but would you been happy if you knew that for as long as chansiri owns us we never play in stripes?

I'd just like to know if this new kit would be a one off or a permanent change.