Alex Lopez?

Guest domSWFC

Just now, slinger208b said:

Players play for international teams on the world stage who aren't world class...

I am of the opinion that Bannan is overrated by many Wednesday fans but he must have some attributes worthy of Premier League football (if only as a squad player) otherwise managers like Dyche wouldn't even have a second glance at him. It isn't as though he would be signed on potential i.e. a development player so people in the game must see things differently to you or I.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I am of the opinion that Bannan is overrated by many Wednesday fans but he must have some attributes worthy of Premier League football (if only as a squad player) otherwise managers like Dyche wouldn't even have a second glance at him. It isn't as though he would be signed on potential i.e. a development player so people in the game must see things differently to you or I.

Probably the case seeing as he has played in the premier league.

Probably why I'm not in the game...

Think the Lopez ship sailed last season so nothing more to be done there.

Now if we could get Jota!

Would be nice if we could get some business done in this area very early doors.

Edited by Utah Owl

Can't understand this Alex Lopez love in. Sure he wasn't a bad player for us but he isn't what we require. Not one post on this thread mentions Brighton away in the second leg last year.... this is the reason why he didn't start in the final as the game completely passed him by.

We don't need this type of player.

As said forget Lopez, he should have been signed last season and should have started the playoff final. Boats sailed now and we need to look for better, he wouldn't displace Lee or bannan at the moment and that's the sort of quality we need now.

Anyone we bring in now needs to be of the quality that would make the 1st 11 guaranteed.

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

The likelihood of us replacing Bannan with better, is low 

We wouldn't need to replace him. Whether he goes or not our midfield needs strengthening, and it needs something different.

We'd be better off bringing in a midfield beast and/or someone with a bit more creativity.

Lone voice in this thread so far....

Our best midfield is wonderful. 

Wallace - Lee/Jones - Bannan - Forestieri/Reach

Great energy. Great balance. Great success this season. So much so that we were He best side over the final 25 games playing it.

However

Wallace - Hutch - Lee - Bannan

No balance. No success playing this. 10th when we stopped using it...until we brought it back for the final.

Lopez was not as good as Bannan. Decent player, but lacked creativity.

Edited by Holmowl

I've said this in another thread.

When he'd settled in and got going at the end of last season he was doing really well. We need someone that moves the play forward and keeps the tempo high. Simple passes to feet.

Love Hutch but got fed up of the long balls this season.

Westwood

Lees Hutch Sasso

Hunt Lee Lopez Bannan Reach

Hooper forestieri