Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

7 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Getting to the point where I'm not that fussed anymore. Too much baggage and how long before the toys come out of the pram?

Good player but he's no Carbone. We have a great chairman who has and will continue to back us in the transfer market. We aren't a slave to players in this league. 

8-10 million could help us reshape the squad with players that are hungry for success. I trust DC to make the right call either way. 

I'll risk getting negged and say that I would be surprised if any team put in a bid that high based on his performance last season. Last summer I was expecting him to be the best player in the league but sadly we didn't even get the same player from his first season 

I want us to keep him, play him in his best position (roaming on the left side and not a main striker). And hopefully we will see the best of him next season in a more attacking side 

44 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Forestieri leaves, we will have succeeded in turning an exciting side, capable of playing scintillating football, into a side so dull, and lacking inspiration, we can barely watch it, in less than 12 months. You don't sell players like Forestieri, you build a side around them

24 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You don't sell players like FF if there 100% committed to the cause... I'm unconvinced that's the case 

I'm undecided as to what to believe. Don't normally listen to rumours but that one lass on twatter who writes for Wednesday Week made reference to it & quickly deleted.

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If Forestieri leaves, we will have succeeded in turning an exciting side, capable of playing scintillating football, into a side so dull, and lacking inspiration, we can barely watch it, in less than 12 months. You don't sell players like Forestieri, you build a side around them

Not if they don't want to be here you don't.

Regardless of whether Forestieri stays or goes, we need to get the recruitment right this summer. Key players fit from the start should help. We don't need too many players but I would like to see quality, and a mix of know how and youth brought in, and I think a slight change of formation or tempo or something would benefit the team. We're nearly there but need to be more dominant and more ruthless.

26 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I'll risk getting negged and say that I would be surprised if any team put in a bid that high based on his performance last season. Last summer I was expecting him to be the best player in the league but sadly we didn't even get the same player from his first season 

I want us to keep him, play him in his best position (roaming on the left side and not a main striker). And hopefully we will see the best of him next season in a more attacking side 

Yes didn't seem the same though he was injured at times and still finished top scorer for us. 

Thr market is inflated so who knows about the fee we would get although traditionally clubs seem to try and shaft us based on the past. 

If if he was to go I'm sure if would be upwards of 5 million at least but DC won't sell him on the cheap I'm sure. 

sometimes you have to take one step back to take 2 forward. Maybe the time is right. I just hope if he goes it's to a club not in our league. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

At least while he is under contract we can ask for over £10  million and make sure we buy quality in return,

DC will do the right thing but he won't be shafted.

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Our signings haven't got better, despite the spending

We have been turned into a top six championship side in two seasons, we are still building ( in the right way ) can't anybody else see that or are we just moaning for the sake of moaning     UTO 

If he doesn't want to be here then fine. Not sure what that is based on though, other than pure speculation. Nobody could question his commitment in the play off semi. He worked his socks off.

If he is happy here, selling him would be flipping stupid.

He's the one true stand out player we have. Without him there's no way we'd be considered promotion contenders. 

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've just had a reyt salad.

Salad smothered in salad cream.

New potatoes, them little tomatoes that aren't round.

Spring onions and lettuce.

Tuna and crusty bread and butter.

Chablis.

Can anyone beat this salad?

Top salad Costello.    UTO