Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Our record when he plays LW is extraordinary. And that includes goals conceded.

In the 15 games he has started there We have scored 35 and conceded 11.

He helps his LB wonderfully, and Bannan covers when FF is caught upfield. It works like a dream.

People also forget that our LB comes under far less pressure when FF is LW because the oppos RB is worried sheetless about venturing too far forward.

Opinion is one thing, we all have one. But you really have to look at the stark facts about FF as LW. Its title-winning.

Fernando is a striker pal, played out of position on the wing.

If he does want to leave, this could be the main reason.

54 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Derby fans don't rate him but he always impresses me when I see him play

Christie the best right back iv seen in the championship so if he going for that money, I'd take him every day of the week 

David Wagner's Premier League new boys Huddersfield Town are set to beat West Brom and Leicester City to the signing of Montpellier striker Steve Mounie.

That's according to respected French newspaper L'Equipe which claims the Terriers have agreed personal terms with the forward and are ready to tie up a £11.5 million deal.

3 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

Like a broken p*ssing record you mate

He does go on.

He's right to in my opinion.

He's seeing an obvious error and highliting his observations with facts.

Wether you agree with him or not is up to you.....At the least we get a viewpoint that balances out the contra view.

Aston Villa are close to sealing a £60,000-a-week deal for John Terry.

The former England and Chelsea captain is understood to have held talks with Premier League clubs West Brom, Swansea and Bournemouth.

Terry is also attracting interest from Villa's Second City rivals Birmingham City as well as clubs in the MLS and Chinese Super League.

But it is understood that Terry is ready to snub bigger offers in favour of a Championship promotion push with Villa.

Villa are reportedly prepared to offer him a basic package worth £3 million annually, with a £2 million bonus if he helps them to promotion.

6 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aston Villa are close to sealing a £60,000-a-week deal for John Terry.

The former England and Chelsea captain is understood to have held talks with Premier League clubs West Brom, Swansea and Bournemouth.

Terry is also attracting interest from Villa's Second City rivals Birmingham City as well as clubs in the MLS and Chinese Super League.

But it is understood that Terry is ready to snub bigger offers in favour of a Championship promotion push with Villa.

Villa are reportedly prepared to offer him a basic package worth £3 million annually, with a £2 million bonus if he helps them to promotion.

And they wonder why they are going down the pan.

Although not an immediate area that needs strengthening and we've been sound defensively over the last 2 years, if Carlos wants to play in the same fashion with attacking fullbacks providing the width (and if true about the price if 1.5m) then I'd be straight on the phone to Derby about Christie. He's what Carlos' formation is about. A fullback that likes to get forward, but more importantly likes to take on players and can cross. Would be good competition for hunt as I think he's a step above, as for me jack struggles 50% of the time when asked to maraude on the wing alone,  as he's neve sure how to get by a player and his crosses are very hit and miss (although credit where it's due he did improve towards back end of season with a run of games)  

It feels like we couldn't buy a good transfer rumour at the moment!! In an ideal world the new additions would be in early but if they are of the quality we need to make the transition to top two I don't care when they arrive. 

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It feels like we couldn't buy a good transfer rumour at the moment!! In an ideal world the new additions would be in early but if they are of the quality we need to make the transition to top two I don't care when they arrive. 

Not good for supporters but I'm sure it means we are doing our work professionally behind the scenes. 

1 minute ago, elyowl1 said:

Not good for supporters but I'm sure it means we are doing our work professionally behind the scenes. 

Absolutely, I've no doubt that after two seasons of hurt and frustration our owner will be doing everything in his power to push us to the next level. So we patiently wait.....lol

28 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Absolutely, I've no doubt that after two seasons of hurt and frustration our owner will be doing everything in his power to push us to the next level. So we patiently wait.....lol

Speak for yourself, I'm waiting impatiently.