Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

30 minutes ago, BIG D said:

IMG_7665.thumb.PNG.6aa7a31d3dc6f88ba497f4a90788c410.PNG

Maybe we are after wingers, but to use wingers in a more orthodox way, we'd have to beef up the midfield This SA guy seems as if he would do that It would be an about turn from Carlos though, following last seasons comments about basketball players

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 minute ago, 442 said:

I think we're not announcing Zungu until we have confirmation of a work permit.

According to that fellow in SA we aren't even the team who has bid for him!

29 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

DC isn't in the county. He's enjoying some time with his family and tending to other business interests. 

Unfortunately for SWFC this means EVERYTHING stops. Next to no decisions are made without the main man here. No kit release, signings or even replacement tea bags. 

24 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

As frustrating as it is, this is 100% the truth. I'm sure a few things are practically ready to be announced, but it won't happen 'til the Man Man arrives.

Really 100% true. Well if I was working at the club now and I had to wait 3 weeks to be allowed to dip into petty cash for some more tea bags. I'd be fuming!

lol

13:10

DOWNING TO LEAVE BORO

Sky sources understand Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downinghas been informed he will not be part of Garry Monk’s plans next season.

The 32-year-old has made 249 appearances for Boro over two spells at the club.

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

13:10

DOWNING TO LEAVE BORO

Sky sources understand Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downinghas been informed he will not be part of Garry Monk’s plans next season.

The 32-year-old has made 249 appearances for Boro over two spells at the club.

Very Carlos-esque player Downing. Wouldn't surprise me to see us in for him.

Instead of wanting players like Downing who have been there done that, I really want us to go for some young exciting talent that still want to make their name in the game. The same way Huddersfield did with signing people like Brown and Mooy. 

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Instead of wanting players like Downing who have been there done that, I really want us to go for some young exciting talent that still want to make their name in the game. The same way Huddersfield did with signing people like Brown and Mooy. 

I'd hardly call Mooy young, I mean hes 26 :D. Interesting fact about Mooy, he was brought over to england as a 14 year old by Bolton, then got released when he was 17/18, guess who the manager was who released him? garymegson

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

I'd hardly call Mooy young, I mean hes 26 :D. Interesting fact about Mooy, he was brought over to england as a 14 year old by Bolton, then got released when he was 17/18, guess who the manager was who released him? garymegson

okay well ignore the young part with him but still players that have something to prove in the game, not someone like Downing who are on the way down (to be honest i think even in his prime he was massively over rated)

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Pace is what we need.

At the back and wide.

This ^

Possible pacy full back/wing backs: Cyrus Christie; Amari'i Bell, Calum Woods, Eric Licaj, Chris Gunter, etc 

Possible pacy wingers/attacking midfielders: Callum Robinson; Sheyi Ojo, Tom Lawrence, Oliver Burke, Jamie Walker, etc

1 hour ago, 442 said:

Christ knows, him and Nixon saying opposite things and then throw in that tweet from Zungu. 

If you mean that tweet with the coloured dots the first 2 were white & blue. That could mean us.

Then there was a white dot & a black dot. I said in the other thread that I'd seen he's potentially signing for Swansea which would explain these dots.

So maybe we are talking but not made a bid whereas Swansea have done.

3 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

If you mean that tweet with the coloured dots the first 2 were white & blue. That could mean us.

Then there was a white dot & a black dot. I said in the other thread that I'd seen he's potentially signing for Swansea which would explain these dots.

So maybe we are talking but not made a bid whereas Swansea have done.

Plus to add to that, some people on twitter confuse the SWFC tag with the Swansea one lol

26 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Mooy is a very late developer. I know a few St Mirren fans, he had a spell there and they can't believe how well he's turned out, they thought he was bang average.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl