Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

11 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Aston Villa are close to sealing a £60,000-a-week deal for John Terry.

The former England and Chelsea captain is understood to have held talks with Premier League clubs West Brom, Swansea and Bournemouth.

Terry is also attracting interest from Villa's Second City rivals Birmingham City as well as clubs in the MLS and Chinese Super League.

But it is understood that Terry is ready to snub bigger offers in favour of a Championship promotion push with Villa.

Villa are reportedly prepared to offer him a basic package worth £3 million annually, with a £2 million bonus if he helps them to promotion.

Welcome to him

Steve Bruce is interested in Hull City winger Ahmed Elmohamady and is weighing up a move. The 29-year-old has two years left on his deal but could be available for £2.5m. Bruce knows the Egyptian from his time at the KCOM Stadium and is in the market for at least one new wide player this summer.

11 minutes ago, marshy said:

Villa will be very strong this season. It's ridiculous how many players they have. Some quality ones as well.

I think it could go either way for Villa. In theory they should do well but then again most people thought they would do well last year.

Personally I think there's something rotten in the club and until they sort that out it won't matter how good the players are. They will possibly blow hot and cold this year, tonking some sides and losing to others they should beat easily. Lets hope we play them on their off days.

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Josh Scowen leaving Barnsley. Good signing for a mid-table Championship club I reckon.

Thought we'd be keen, to be honest. One eye on the future, he'd be the next Kieran Lee 5yrs younger. 

Yeah I doubt Carlos in interested in 352 to be honest. I think the way we lined up is probably best 442 however just get some pace in the midfield and wide areas. That would involve playing with width rather than having wingers that constantly cut in. It would also relieve some of the pressure from our full backs who are heavily relied upon to provide attacking width. 

DC isn't in the county. He's enjoying some time with his family and tending to other business interests. 

Unfortunately for SWFC this means EVERYTHING stops. Next to no decisions are made without the main man here. No kit release, signings or even replacement tea bags. 

4 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

DC isn't in the county. He's enjoying some time with his family and tending to other business interests. 

Unfortunately for SWFC this means EVERYTHING stops. Next to no decisions are made without the main man here. No kit release, signings or even replacement tea bags. 

As frustrating as it is, this is 100% the truth. I'm sure a few things are practically ready to be announced, but it won't happen 'til the Man Man arrives.