Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Bit of a red herring though.

He played far more than Fletcher, who scored one goal less.

And he played twice as much as Hooper and Rhodes.

And three times as much as Winnall.

Fletcher made more appearances than Nando in total.  Although he had more games from the bench.  Check your facts matey!

43 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

That's the thing, all they're basing it on is the Norwich no show. All the rest is pure speculation. Even despite that, he still ended up our top scorer. The more people keep repeating the same speculation and unfounded rumours, the more it appears to become fact, when it's anything but fact. Let's see what happens, personally I would love him to stay, and I don't know why many others would want to see the back of one of our best players. Like you said it's similar to the Carlos situation. Hopefully Forestieri proves some of us wrong like Carlos did, stays and knuckles down. If we hold onto our best players, like we held onto Carlos, start the season with our key players fit and add to the team, then we have got a strong chance of challenging for top 2. Whatever happens, we have now got a wealthy owner, top head coach, a strong team for this level and it's a far cry from where we were just a few years ago.

I've said numerous times, if he wants to stay then thats great. However if these rumours turn out be true then he needs to be sold. Yes people keeping going back to the Norwich game, but the inpact of his actions had a massive knock on effect to our form at that time, if we are serious about a top 2 finish then we don't need any negativity in the squad.

6 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fletcher made more appearances than Nando in total.  Although he had more games from the bench.  Check your facts matey!

I live by facts...

FF 2677 minutes

Fletcher 2196 minutes

18 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I've said numerous times, if he wants to stay then thats great. However if these rumours turn out be true then he needs to be sold. Yes people keeping going back to the Norwich game, but the inpact of his actions had a massive knock on effect to our form at that time, if we are serious about a top 2 finish then we don't need any negativity in the squad.

True but rumours are nothing but rumours and not fact unless proven otherwise. It's not like we'd be doomed and unable to replace him with quality, like we would've been in the past before Chansiri came here. However, we stand a better chance of achieving top 2 with stability, holding onto our head coach and best players, and strengthening our strongest 11. But all that said, it didn't really have that much of an impact if at all, if you think about it really? Because we finished two places higher than the previous season, had more points and he also finished up as the club's top scorer. :ph34r: 

If Kieran  Lee doesn't want to be at club we should sell him and get someone who does. Same goes for that Westwood and Hutch. If they don't want to be here, get rid. 

...oh and and the same goes for Fessi too. 

Edited by OxonOwl

10 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

True but rumours are nothing but rumours and not fact unless proven otherwise. It's not like we'd be doomed and unable to replace him with quality, like we would've been in the past before Chansiri came here. However, we stand a better chance of achieving top 2 with stability, holding onto our head coach and best players, and strengthening our strongest 11. But all that said, it didn't really have that much of an impact if at all, if you think about it really? Because we finished two places higher than the previous season, had more points and he also finished up as the club's top scorer. :ph34r: 

I would say it had a direct inpact on our form, out of the 3 games after Norwich we lost the first 2 and got a draw in the 3rd game, that was 8 points thrown away against Burton, Leeds and Brentford all of which were very winable games. 8 points is a lot when your talking fine margins for the top 2 places.

6 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

If Kieran  Lee doesn't want to be at club we should sell him and get someone who does. Same goes for that Westwood and Hutch. If they don't want to be here, get rid. 

Spot on, no one player is bigger than the club and now we have Chansiri running the show its a whole new ball game, players will be replaced with quality.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I would say it had a direct inpact on our form, out of the 3 games after Norwich we lost the first 2 and got a draw in the 3rd game, that was 8 points thrown away against Burton, Leeds and Brentford all of which were very winable games. 8 points is a lot when your talking fine margins for the top 2 places.

that might be true but even with those 8 points, we'd still have ended up in the play-off's and still wouldn't have made the top 2 and yet we finished two places higher than the previous season, finished with more points and he was still our top goalscorer :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

that's true no player is bigger or more important than the club but Forestieri is contracted to the club until the summer of 2020 I think? Why do some of our fans unsettle one of our best players, by constantly criticising him and spreading unfounded rumours based upon one game which he didn't turn up to because his head wasn't right for the game due to contract talks and transfer speculation and rumours? He has since apologised for that mistake, knuckled down and finished the season as our top scorer. None of our players are irreplaceable but we'd stand a better chance of competeting for top 2, if we have stability and keep a hold of our key players and add to them by strengthening our strongest eleven.

1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

that might be true but even with those 8 points, we'd still have ended up in the play-off's and still wouldn't have made the top 2 and yet we finished two places higher than the previous season, finished with more points and he was still our top goalscorer :ph34r:

that's true no player is bigger or more important than the club but Forestieri is contracted to the club until the summer of 2020 I think? Why do some of our fans unsettle one of our best players, by constantly criticising him and spreading unfounded rumours based upon one game which he didn't turn up to because his head wasn't right for the game due to contract talks and transfer speculation and rumours? He has since apologised for that mistake, knuckled down and finished the season as our top scorer. None of our players are irreplaceable but we'd stand a better chance of competeting for top 2, if we have stability and keep a hold of our key players and add to them by strengthening our strongest eleven.

8 points would have got us within 5 of the top 2, if that had have been the case we wouldn't have thrown the Fulham game then that gap could have been 2 points, and anything could have happened in terms of Brighton bottling it, however we will never know what would have happened, but I do feel those 3 games cost us dearly as did the Brighton away game.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

8 points would have got us within 5 of the top 2, if that had have been the case we wouldn't have thrown the Fulham game then that gap could have been 2 points, and anything could have happened in terms of Brighton bottling it, however we will never know what would have happened, but I do feel those 3 games cost us dearly as did the Brighton away game.

yeah but that's all if's and but's, same as if the likes of Loovens; Lee, Abdi and Hooper, etc hadn't got injured or were fully fit for the whole season? 

1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

yeah but that's all if's and but's, same as if the likes of Loovens; Lee, Abdi and Hooper, etc hadn't got injured or were fully fit for the whole season? 

Spot on fella, we can point to parts of the season were we lost key players which cost us points and thats my point with Forestieri, his actions at Norwich cost us 8 points, could have been 10 had we have actually beaten Norwich. thats 10 points of the 12 we needed to make the top 2.

There is no doubting his talent, there is little doubt that he is the best player in the team but there is no doubt his actions cost us points and should there be any truth in these rumours then he needs shipping out.

The top 2 this year is doable there is no doubt about that, yes we need our best players, yes we need 1 or  2 improvements to the team, but most of all we all need to be signing from the same song sheet and there is no room for unwelcome negativity.

For the record I do hope these are nothing more than rumours and he stays but I have a nagging feeling we've seen the last of him in a wednesday shirt, I do hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I went to all of those games At Norwich, where he didn't travel, we were excellent, but Norwich don't have players who could bully us, Burton and Leeds do, Brentford, we did OK. Obviously the incident didn't help but I think the dropped points were more to do with the type of players we again failed to recruit

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I went to all of those games At Norwich, where he didn't travel, we were excellent, but Norwich don't have players who could bully us, Burton and Leeds do, Brentford, we did OK. Obviously the incident didn't help but I think the dropped points were more to do with the type of players we again failed to recruit

I agree with that, Also the Burton game we played with Pudil and Semedo at CB at some point of that game. We were abit all over the place. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I live by facts...

FF 2677 minutes

Fletcher 2196 minutes

I'll double check that!!!   lol

2 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

That's a very generous rewriting of history. There were no transfer rumours or speculation, nor were there any contract talks, that was the problem (as far as he was concerned) he threw his toys out the pram and refused to play

1 hour ago, dobbo said:

That's a very generous rewriting of history. There were no transfer rumours or speculation, nor were there any contract talks, that was the problem (as far as he was concerned) he threw his toys out the pram and refused to play

I might be mistaken but I thought Newcastle and/or Derby were said to be keen at the time? Can't remember about the contract, just that the bicycle picture around the time of the Norwich game and rumours that new signings were coming in on bigger wages. Something turned his head at the time? Which I thought was why he felt like his mind wasn't right for the Norwich game? And then he signed the new contract around the time we made the statement of not selling any of our best players. After that he made some sort of apology. And even though he didn't hit the unplayable heights of the previous season, he still knuckled down eventually and managed to still be our top scorer. That's how I look at it, the rest is speculation. Hopefully he stays and if he doesn't I'm sure Chansiri will back Carlos to strengthen the team regardless of whether Forestieri stays or not. But I think over the past two seasons he's been one of our key players and we would have a better chance of achieving top 2 if we keep our best players but if the rumours aren't just speculation and stirring we would have to replace him with quality and at least with Chansiri we won't get our trousers pulled down like in the past.

17 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

I always questioned this defensive discipline people talk about. In every game I saw him play at hillsborough, granted not a lot, him bannan and Lee always shone when chasing down and tracking back for the ball. he needs to be on the wing next season in my opinion....if we still have him....but his goals scored over two seasons is a big gap to fill 

He does track back true, but positionally lets the opposition get in front of him and often leaves the LB isolated. Not his fault, he is an attacking player, hence the headache of where to play him.