Forestieri appreciation thread

Why have a Forestieri appreciation thread? He's contributed as much as anyone else this season in all fairness. More often than not he's flattered to deceive. At times I don't get the God-like status he seems to get along with Bannan. Do they come off the pitch knowing they've left everything out there?!

5 minutes ago, Dronny Owl said:

FF will leave this summer, and if I'm honest I think he needs to.

Neg away, he's a crowd favourite but it's been said before he cannot consistently deliver what he promises, his reputation for being Marcy and diving precedes him. There was one point last night he went down in a challenge, didn't get anything and sat moaning about it. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So to be clear, everyone wants to get rid of our top goalscorer and player with third highest number of assists this season? 

Yeah? 

OK, just checking

No, but is his heart in it? Doesn't turn up for big games, he will go this summer 

12 minutes ago, MOwl said:

He needs a good rest, maybe an op and recovery to get his knee back to 100%. Then let him rip next year.

Totally agree. Wonderful talent. A pleasure to watch. Last night at times I thought Barry B and Nando were going to win the game by themselves. Get in a nippy winger to work with them and I can't wait for next season to start. 

Give his all? you having a laugh. He is supposed to be the star man yet turns up one in six matches. When he is on it he can be unplayable but I can count on one hand how many times thats happened this year. 

A star man contributes all season, knockheart being the obvious example  

Guest Copthorneowl

Fernando Forestiero --- the only outfield out and out premier league class player we've got ....... which many fans recognise but more to the point the players at this club and others, managers and pundits consistently recognise as our star player.  

Yesterday he was targeted and not remotely protected by the ref.

But come on let's listen to owlstalks experts who consistently negatively post and continue to drive him away.  You lot should take up motorway traffic dodging. When he's gone well be a fraction of the team without him but you lot will be happy.

Sorry to say he has had a poor , no a very poor season.

Pearson turned his head prior to the season starting.

Refusing to play should have seen him booted out of the door.

The missed pen at Brighton was costly and last night just about summed up his season.

Perhaps best if we move him on.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

There is only one position for Fessi to play and thats wide left. He has the space he needs to start a run inside or feed two front men. Any other position and he is wasted  . The one problem with that is he offers not much in the defensive third but always willing to track back to make a nuisance of himself against an attacking FB. A top class FB behind him would help. Thats all just my opinion. 

Absolutely spot on mate.

First season under CC it worked well. Forestieri and Pudil down the left. But Pudil has aged this season and is not the same player in my book. Invest in a quality left back and get rid of this mentality of worrying about the opposition and let the opposition start worrying about us.

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Fernando Forestiero --- the only outfield out and out premier league class player we've got ....... which many fans recognise but more to the point the players at this club and others, managers and pundits consistently recognise as our star player.  

Yesterday he was targeted and not remotely protected by the ref.

But come on let's listen to owlstalks experts who consistently negatively post and continue to drive him away.  You lot should take up motorway traffic dodging. When he's gone well be a fraction of the team without him but you lot will be happy.

No experts on here, I think everyone is giving their opinion of him.  I have to agree with those who would let him leave if the right offer came along.  6 wins on the bounce and he was an impact player at best coming off the bench.  I think he contributes to the inconsistency we show and as some have pointed out, Knockaert is a classic example of consistent contribution for large parts of the season.

23 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

I would not play him as a striker. Think we need a change in formation.

----------Westwood----------

-----Lees-----Hitch------New

New---Lee---Bannan---Reach

-----------FF--------New---------

--------------Hooper--------------

Or in the hole behind Hooper/Rhodes

Ive been thinking this system could be worth a shot over the last few weeks. Probably more 3-4-1-2.

It suits us. Hutchinson would be in the middle of our back 3 and we would need to recruit a left sided centre half.  Hunt can play right wing back.

The system allows us to play 2 strikers and either FF or Abdi behind the 2. 

Im not sure we are a 4-4-2 side. We haven't the pace on the wings to make this work.

29 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

I would not play him as a striker. Think we need a change in formation.

----------Westwood----------

-----Lees-----Hitch------New

New---Lee---Bannan---Reach

-----------FF--------New---------

--------------Hooper--------------

Or in the hole behind Hooper/Rhodes

I would also go with this or play him on the left if it was 4-4-2! He should not be playing as a striker, maybe on occasions when we are struggling!

he's had a season disrupted by an off the field issue and constant injuries, yet still finished our top scorer, yet cannot play upfront?

I expect a good few weeks rest away from football, followed by a tough pre season and he will be back as good as new next season

or

if the off the field issues have been put to one side to finish the season, he will be gone as it may have been part of his new deal

Getting rid would be a mistake. One of our best players without a doubt.

No he's not been as good this season but neither have we. There's been 3-4 games maximum where we've played good stuff this year (Newcastle and Norwich to name a couple). We've ground out results keeping things tight this year and it's been nowhere near as enjoyable for the fans or players.

FF is a good player when we play like this, but has lots of ineffective games. That's a symptom of our tactics and is the same for all of our very good, proven forwards. When we're more attacking he's great and will score more, just as Rhodes, Hooper, Winnall and Fletch will.

37 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Im not sure building a team around his skill set wins promotion.

This is one of the key things that need to change for me too. Stop setting up like Fessi is our talisman, and also as importantly figuring out how to setup games where Hooper is unavailable. The manner in which he will hup the ball, link up and add that offensive flair is something we've been missing badly. I really wanted him to play yday and attribute the loss and our inability to score to Hooper being sidelined with "groin injury".

Our distribution from back 3/4 is far too much based on hoofing forward and when they either cannot find the chest of a forward or a head with a flick on to a 2nd player running on to that ball; we're simply wasteful in possession and give the ball to the other team.