Forestieri appreciation thread

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I like him, but he hasn't had the best of seasons, the debacle at Norwich, niggling injuries culminated in spending a lot of last night on his backside cos he was trying to hard.

I'm not gonna slag him off for the penalty, cos he at least had the bottle to step up to the plate.

He is probably the most skillful player we have, but is he the best player we have?..I would say no...Westwood, Lees , Lee, Bannan bring more to the table through sheer consistency.

Its a bloody enigma at Hillboro', cos you look at the defence and think...pretty good, look at the midfield and think...pretty good, look at the strikers and think exceptional...put it all together and what do you get...?...Not quite good enough.

I was gutted last night, same as walking out after Wembley last season, but we were not good enough, the system we played was not good enough, the way we played, was not good enough, but we have the players who f.ookin' should be.

Huddersfield were rocking after the goal...and we changed it...Carlos changed it...I'm one of Carlos' biggest admirers, but he got it wrong taking Fletcher off and changing it to hanging on with far too long left.

Second halves against Brentford and Reading this season , when we have gone for it, we have played our best football.

There comes a time when you should go for it when you don't really have to..Last night was one of those times...should have finished the game off...didn't and paid the price

I totally agree with the part of defence midfield and strikers . To a man you think bloomin heck we don't half have some

good players here , then put it together and we can't seem to click . It's surely the balance of the team, do we have enough in midfield with lee and bannan? Have we found our best strike force ? Do we have enough pace out wide ? 

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

I totally agree with the part of defence midfield and strikers . To a man you think bloomin heck we don't half have some

good players here , then put it together and we can't seem to click . It's surely the balance of the team, do we have enough in midfield with lee and bannan? Have we found our best strike force ? Do we have enough pace out wide ? 

I think thats a major point mate...Wallace was a big loss, he hasn't got the pace, but he has the brain, Reach , I'm afraid takes the wrong option so many times...That leaves you with Pudil and Hunt, and its too much to do for the full backs....Times many you hear Owls fans shoutin' "Go on Hunt/Pudil..get up the wing!!"...Then when its cleared down the left or right....its..."Where the flip is Hunt/Pudil"....Bloody impossible situation

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I think thats a major point mate...Wallace was a big loss, he hasn't got the pace, but he has the brain, Reach , I'm afraid takes the wrong option so many times...That leaves you with Pudil and Hunt, and its too much to do for the full backs....Times many you hear Owls fans shoutin' "Go on Hunt/Pudil..get up the wing!!"...Then when its cleared down the left or right....its..."Where the flip is Hunt/Pudil"....Bloody impossible situation

The amount of times this season we have to cross it from deep positions because we don't have the pace to get in behind the opposition . At least Wallace is smart so despite have not great pace can get half a yard , reach unfortunately doesn't seem to be able to do that and everything has to be on his left foot.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

If you read this thread it is clear that most fans see him as a wide player. Carlos doesn't, so he plays as striker, and we fans get frustrated that it doesn't work. So FF is becoming less popular but it's not his fault.

Look back at the MOM thread after the Norwich game. He was praised from the rooftops for his contribution wide left. By contrast, he gets very little praise for last night and none whatsoever for Sunday.

If Carlos stays, FF should leave, because he is not a striker and that's where Carlos plays him. If we change manager, hopefully he will see him as a wideman or in a deeper role in a 433.

I agree but I thought that Carlos said earlier in the season that Forestieri prefers to play as a striker.

46 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Huddersfield were rocking after the goal...and we changed it...Carlos changed it...I'm one of Carlos' biggest admirers, but he got it wrong taking Fletcher off and changing it to hanging on with far too long left.

Second halves against Brentford and Reading this season , when we have gone for it, we have played our best football.

There comes a time when you should go for it when you don't really have to..Last night was one of those times...should have finished the game off...didn't and paid the price

When you are on top you have to capitalise on it. Once a team thinks it has weathered the storm they grow in confidence.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Forestieri is most dangerous on the left hand side. But CC doesn't trust him helping defensively. It's negative tactics and lack of confidence by our manager which is why we haven't seen the best of FF this season.

His best performances come from the wide areas. Fact. Question me on that and I'll show you the amount of goals he's scored in his time here whilst drifting out onto the left. He's most effective there. He's not a forward. 

For me that penalty miss however shows why he will never be a Prem player. He'd missed that penalty as he was walking up to the ball. His head was down his body language was all wrong, the pressure got to him. Fantastic player questionable mental strength. I applaud him for stepping up when others didn't but a top footballer would have slotted that penalty home.

Sorry, but even the best players miss penalties.... suppose thats why Messi will never be a premier league player eh!!. 

14 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

The target was promotion.

Did we get promoted? 

Come on...

We've got from mid-table/relegation fodder to promotion contenders within the space of two years. 

Don't sit there and deem the last two season's "failures." 

A Diame wonder strike and a few better penalties and we could have been there. 

Bizarrely we've got some fans who think that you just get promoted because that is your aim. 

Sadly it doesn't work like that. 

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I think there's still a lot of bitterness from some because of antics back in August.

Still lingers...

This is despite the fact that he finished the season as our top goalscorer and signed a new contract. 

Couldn't fault his effort last night, it just didn't go his way. 

Hopefully the penalty miss doesn't affect him too much and his head is in the right place. 

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

He's our best attacking player. Easily. Why anyone would actually want to get rid of him is beyond me.

I think there's still a lot of bitterness from some because of antics back in August.

Only him, westwood, lee, bannan & maybe Fletcher & Rhodes are good enough for a promotion team.

Ff the very least of our worties.

The rest need to go, or be squad players.

Edited by zzmdu

43 minutes ago, Owling said:

Can't really use that as an excuse for having an off season then can you.

When did I say about an off season? I said his season was disrupted by that issue and injuries yet still finished as top scorer? Never mentioned an off season?

did both disrupt his season?? Yes

did he still come out at top scorer? Yes

i don't what you getting at?

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Only him, westwood, lee, bannan & maybe Fletcher & Rhodes are good enough for a promotion team.

The rest need to go, or be squad players.

You don't think Lees, Hutch or Hooper are good enough? 

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

Lees no, maybe partnering a footballing centre half.

Ok Hooper and Hutch maybe.

Fair enough. 

Lees is an excellent defender, but like most English center halves (certainly at this level) he struggles to do anything outside of lumping it. 

Big fan of Loovens (know your views on him), but we need to bring in someone in the summer. 

One moment sticks in my memory of last night, it was in the 1st half, I think, when a Hudds player and FF had a bit of argy-bargy.

The Hudds players ALL went over to support their team mate, where as not one Wednesday player went to support FF.

Say's it all to me.