Forestieri appreciation thread

32 minutes ago, Yoshihiro Sunbeam said:

So you would have started Reach on the left and played Rhodes up top with Fletcher?

Sitting back with two strikers with no work ethic and zero pace would have seen us slaughtered. 

No I would have played Reach on the left with Rhodes and Winnall up top.

I'm not slating Forestieri for what he does for the team, I am a fan of him. His consistency is an issue however. And I don't feel he is a guaranteed starter anymore so if we get a good offer for a player who is in impact player then we should sell.

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Did you say that after he scored at Nottingham. He has probably not been 100% fit all season as Lee hasnt. 

He is class and works his socks off chasing down defenders.

We dont know what CC has told him regards playing. 

No I didn't say that after Forest. But the fact of the matter is he is not bigger than the club, on his day he is unplayable. But that day is oh to rare.

Just now, GoldGigsChris said:

Credit to him and the other pen takers last night. Not everyone could step up to the plate under that pressure.

I hope he doesn't blame himself for us missing out. That wasn't the reason we've not been promoted.

Indeed. 

Our negative tactics were ultimately our undoing. 

We just didn't show enough ambition and desire to go all out for the win and it cost us. 

15 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

So your happy with drama queens refusing to play.

Sir Alex would have shown him the door stright away , as he did with Becks and FF aint a patch on Becks.

lol 

You mean the same Sir Alex who stood by Eric Cantona and Rio Ferdinand who both got themselves banned for huge spells which had a hugely negative impact on Manchester United? 

Just now, A12owl said:

So just accept the bad days as part of life. He is a human being not a machine. Are all your days just pure perfection?

I'm not sure what the argument is that you are trying to raise.

All I am saying is he has had 2 seasons here and we have failed as a unit in both seasons. Can we realistically see his performances increase to a level above where we have seen him before? If yes then it warrants a reason for him to stay. If no, lets use it as a good business opportunity and use the sale of Fernando to improve other areas of the field.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Form is temporary

Class is permanant

Unfortunately I think you are right. He's 27 and had one standout season in his career. The rest of the time he's been a bit part squad player.

Don't get me wrong he's a good option to have in the squad but I think we to accept that its likely last year was a one off.

Seems like teams have found him out. I felt sorry for him last night; he got battered around by Huddersfield the whole game. Hes our known danger-man. 

I think he's got bags of pace and skill but unfortunately he doesn't have the strength to take on 2-3 players in this league. 

If he goes, I he wont be going to an opposing team in the Championship. Can assure Chansiri wont sell and as a club we will be as attractive as any team, maybe even relegated teams. 

Can see him maybe moving abroad if he doesnt stay here. Can only see him staying if he can play that CF role and under Carlos, I doubt it. 

Edited by Exceptionally_Large

Agree with those saying a

change in formation is essential if Carlos (and fans) insist Lee Bannan and Hutchinson are undroppable. 

Just like final last year, FF as an out and out forrud looks like it might work but it doesn't. 

Personally i think FF symbolised the new Wednesday last year and I hope he is here for another season at least. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

57 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Fernando Forestiero --- the only outfield out and out premier league class player we've got ....... which many fans recognise but more to the point the players at this club and others, managers and pundits consistently recognise as our star player.  

Yesterday he was targeted and not remotely protected by the ref.

But come on let's listen to owlstalks experts who consistently negatively post and continue to drive him away.  You lot should take up motorway traffic dodging. When he's gone well be a fraction of the team without him but you lot will be happy.

If you read this thread it is clear that most fans see him as a wide player. Carlos doesn't, so he plays as striker, and we fans get frustrated that it doesn't work. So FF is becoming less popular but it's not his fault.

Look back at the MOM thread after the Norwich game. He was praised from the rooftops for his contribution wide left. By contrast, he gets very little praise for last night and none whatsoever for Sunday.

If Carlos stays, FF should leave, because he is not a striker and that's where Carlos plays him. If we change manager, hopefully he will see him as a wideman or in a deeper role in a 433.

He's our top scorer once again despite missing many games and playing left midfield, for me he should always start on the left with 2 strikers up top. Foresteiri missing the pen didn't cost us the win it was 2 poor overall 90 minute performances. He's still our best way and I know for a fact if he stays which I think he will then he will score goals again when fully fit and prove his worth.

Ill tell you what we need to do, we need to stop shoehorning "favourites" into the team in the wrong positions. If your a centre midfielder you shouldnt be on the left. We have enough talent and with a few additions and a different mindset from both players and manager that no-one is guaranteed a place for any reason other than their ability to play in said position. FF has been our top scorer but he is more dangerous running at defenders from the left side, not as a striker. I think Abdi may feature more next season when he gets fit and has a pre season to gel with the team. A few additions and we could further improve us the 2 positions we improved this year. UTO

1 hour ago, brett11 said:

he's had a season disrupted by an off the field issue and constant injuries, yet still finished our top scorer, yet cannot play upfront?

I expect a good few weeks rest away from football, followed by a tough pre season and he will be back as good as new next season

or

if the off the field issues have been put to one side to finish the season, he will be gone as it may have been part of his new deal

Are you referring to the off the field issue he caused himself. 

I like him, but he hasn't had the best of seasons, the debacle at Norwich, niggling injuries culminated in spending a lot of last night on his backside cos he was trying to hard.

I'm not gonna slag him off for the penalty, cos he at least had the bottle to step up to the plate.

He is probably the most skillful player we have, but is he the best player we have?..I would say no...Westwood, Lees , Lee, Bannan bring more to the table through sheer consistency.

Its a bloody enigma at Hillboro', cos you look at the defence and think...pretty good, look at the midfield and think...pretty good, look at the strikers and think exceptional...put it all together and what do you get...?...Not quite good enough.

I was gutted last night, same as walking out after Wembley last season, but we were not good enough, the system we played was not good enough, the way we played, was not good enough, but we have the players who f.ookin' should be.

Huddersfield were rocking after the goal...and we changed it...Carlos changed it...I'm one of Carlos' biggest admirers, but he got it wrong taking Fletcher off and changing it to hanging on with far too long left.

Second halves against Brentford and Reading this season , when we have gone for it, we have played our best football.

There comes a time when you should go for it when you don't really have to..Last night was one of those times...should have finished the game off...didn't and paid the price

For all his quality what concerns me is that I don't believe he is a team player

Still think his actions at the beginning of the season still wrangle with some senior pros at the club

From his body language since I am not convinced he is truly happy where he is right now

Hope he goes and proves me wrong but would not shed a tear if he went in the summer. Think there is better overall players available at price we would get for him