Bye Bye Carlos

Carlos hasn't done a bad job...it's just that at least four other managers have done a better one, and Wagner is one of them. He'd be top of my list if 'Udders fail in the final. There's no doubt that we've missed Hooper, but with the array of talent we have up front should we be so dependent on one player? Compare our forwards with Town's; had Wagner had them then probably 'Udders would have got automatic. If we're honest, had Hooper not returned we'd probably have missed out on the play-offs altogether. And even had we won tonight, without him in the final we'd probably have lost.

1 hour ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm not sure why the OP is getting so much stick. Two months ago it was hard to find a Carlos fan. I got negged to roger for sticking up for him after the reading match. But questions need to be asked.

Why are we not playing as well? Why are the new players not being played or being brought in for loads of money? Why did we get outplayed by Huddersfield? I'm not sure if he should go or not but Chansiri will have similar questions I'm sure

In a word, Hooper.

Look I don't care if anyone has ago but our tactics over 2 legs were far too negative we had 3 shots in 210 mins against a fairly average team why didn't winnall come on? Why nuhiu crazy. I was going to have a go at Carlos about penalty takers but he said Rhodes refused to take one if that's so plz cancel his contract now.to me we have never had a better chance to go up and it's been blown.  We know next season be a job just to get top half with villa derby Norwich etc all will be top 6 and teams coming down , ffp will also now kick in so be no chucking cash like this season .really upset but kinda used to it .was always going to end this way .

Guest The Horse

I'd have loved Carlos to get us up.

Wonderful human.

But the last few months have masked what should've been a foregone conclusion - automatic. 

We have an embrassment of riches going forward and yet we are more concerned with the defensive side. 

Bullshiittte.

He's gone. 

We know it. 

Just hope the new guy releases the shackles and fux over the pigggies in the process.

End of term report: Not good enough.. 

Guest hazza88
39 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Might be an overreaction but the 2 legs of the semi final were exactly the same as the final last season.

I like Carlos, but the fact is that in the biggest games we've played we simply aren't turning up,. Getting close is fine, but going out with such a gutless whimper is not. 

Negative, defensive approach in the first leg was understandable, but not today, We're still in the championship, and we deserve to be.

Exactly this!

My old man doesn't watch us much these days but that was what he said to the point!

Its like we're playing hull again

40 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

You can sense the enjoyment pouring out of you with that sentence. Clearly not a Wednesday fan, or an incredibly twisted one.

I don't get any enjoyment out of it but I'd like someone to present a reasoned argument as to why Carlos should stay. In particular I'd like them to point out how they think we've progressed in the last year because i just can't see it.

and for the record I thought this before today's game and even posted about it earlier this morning.

Awful end to what has honestly been a tiring season. We've been God awful to watch for 95% of the time this season and you just cannot keep playing defensively, playing the percentages and hoping you get the breaks.

Carlos has took us as far as he can and I thank him for his efforts...but I won't shed a tear when he goes.

The right manager with just a couple of tweaks would have had this squad pushing the top two. The fact we've just looked second best (twice) to a Huddersfield team put together on a shoestring (same budget as Rotherham) is purely down to Carlos and his negative tactics.

This was a huge opportunity to get back to the big time...and Carlos blew it.

Bye bye Carlos 

47 minutes ago, Owl247 said:

No point fans slating each other and trying to score points, truth is over 2 legs we didn't deserve to win and that is down to tactics, not players.

Reading and huddersfield do not have better players/squads than us but they have  more tactically aware managers than we do.

I really appreciate what CC has done for us but he cannot take us that final step.

Nail on head.

1 hour ago, Ballmeist said:

Thanks for everything, all the best! 

Huddersfield fully deserved to go through over the two legs. We were second best right the way through. 

Looking forward to hearing what all the happy clappers have to say now!

A Really Big Kuck Foff  we don't need you !

26 minutes ago, Ballmeist said:

I don't get any enjoyment out of it but I'd like someone to present a reasoned argument as to why Carlos should stay. In particular I'd like them to point out how they think we've progressed in the last year because i just can't see it.

and for the record I thought this before today's game and even posted about it earlier this morning.

Err 2 positions higher and more points than last season.

In anybodys book that's progress and I believe that's 6 consecutive seasons of progression so I'm more than happy with that.

Still gutted we haven't turned up tonight though.

Still baffled why he switched from last seasons high energy, pressing, attacking football, to the mind numbing negative debacles of this season.

We looked no more likely to go up, and had a significantly better squad.

It's for this reason that sentiment has to be put aside, and he should be allowed to rejoin his family in Portugal with our thanks and his dignity intact.

If we are to keep Carlos...and on balance we probably should...then we'll need better players, and that's down to Chansiri. Carlos has tried to do a Karanka, and it's not worked. It's just not his game. He's done that because he doesn't think we're good enough to do it any other way. He thinks that playing open attacking football - unless you're parachute - leaves you too exposed. I've criticized Carlos this season, but do we want Pardew? Chansiri will have to find a way of increasing our spending capacity, so Carlos can play his natural game. And we'd benefit once promoted. Knee-jerk reactions rarely turn out for the good.

1 hour ago, siggi jonsson said:

1-0 up and just sat back terrible 

Actually I thought we played some of our best football when we were 1-0 up. Their goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of us however and we played a little deeper after that. 

TBH though if we can't beat a team like Huddersfield over two hours with home advantage, we can't complain about missing out on promotion.

There's no need to have a go at him, he came in as an unknown, in a strange country without friends or family and transformed our fortunes. He deserves respect and gratitude, but yes his time is at an end time for a new chapter and for someone to take the glory he started.

31 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If we are to keep Carlos...and on balance we probably should...then we'll need better players, and that's down to Chansiri. Carlos has tried to do a Karanka, and it's not worked. It's just not his game. He's done that because he doesn't think we're good enough to do it any other way. He thinks that playing open attacking football - unless you're parachute - leaves you too exposed. I've criticized Carlos this season, but do we want Pardew? Chansiri will have to find a way of increasing our spending capacity, so Carlos can play his natural game. And we'd benefit once promoted. Knee-jerk reactions rarely turn out for the good.

Sorry mate. Look at the two sides and benches tonight.

Give Carlos billions and they would be wasted and sat benched.