Bye Bye Carlos

53 minutes ago, akbuk said:

Give credit to Huddersfield they where at it from the start

Absolutely mate, they deserve credit.

They outplayed and outfought us, but don't really care about them, they have not got a better team than us, we just got it horribly, horribly wrong.

Carlos set the tone with his tactics from the first minute of the first tie.

Carlos has spent a grand total of two seasons in English football, during which time we've finished in the play offs twice.

During that period he has made mistakes, and I believe the substitution of Fletcher last night was another.

However, like anyone else in a new job, in a new environment, it is expected that he will make mistakes, the English game is unique, and a very difficult environment in which to play, with the Championship perhaps the hardest league in the World to get out of.

So, there's an argument we need to shake things up, starting with a new manager, whilst at the same time, we have one already in place, who will continue to learn, and by definition, start to make fewer mistakes from a platform of two consecutive play off finishes.

Money + quality players + patience = success.

28 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

For me the issue has been his recruitment. 

Millions and millions spent on god knows how many players and we are still heavily reliant on the majority of the squad Gray put together on a shoestring.

It's almost like players were signed with no plan on how we were going to play or how they would fit in. I wouldn't trust CC with another load of money and two (including January) transfer windows.

Agree. Get a manager and then a plan. Recruit for that plan OR devise a plan with players we have. We have said it all season. Stop wasting money on players we never use.

Guest Coyt
2 minutes ago, Mick said:

Dean Smith?, where's Scram?

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Gets his team's playing attacking positive football. Also he could bring Harley Dean with him at centre back and the lad Jota on the wings.

Guest Ryebeena

"Currently managing and has links to us from his playing career. 

Not NP"

Shezza

Edited by Ryebeena

44 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Carlos has spent a grand total of two seasons in English football, during which time we've finished in the play offs twice.

During that period he has made mistakes, and I believe the substitution of Fletcher last night was another.

However, like anyone else in a new job, in a new environment, it is expected that he will make mistakes, the English game is unique, and a very difficult environment in which to play, with the Championship perhaps the hardest league in the World to get out of.

So, there's an argument we need to shake things up, starting with a new manager, whilst at the same time, we have one already in place, who will continue to learn, and by definition, start to make fewer mistakes from a platform of two consecutive play off finishes.

Money + quality players + patience = success.

So why not simply get an English manager in with proven Championship record? Why employ a foreign coach who has had as many clubs as Rory is allowed to carry in his bag? Why should we need to wait for a coach to get his head round the English game? And why should we 'be patient'? And how many more players (costing many millions) do you think DC needs to buy to not end up with the team who played Hull in last season's PO final? The most important signing this Summer is a new manager.

Edited by Almat

CC

cons - 

poor spending

stubborness

bad man management 

journeyman manager 

family in Portugal 

defensive play

pros -

wears nice jackets 

Seems a nice chap

he managed sporting Lisbon for 6 weeks 

We won't get to the Premiership by boring teams to death, going for a draw has its place in a game but we've done it too much this season and it's bit us on the arse.

For some reason we don't have the ability to attack confidently, we are too scared to go forward with fear of making a mistake, the end result is what we have today.

Ive said it before, we play like England, individual brilliance but won't gel together. Backwards passing, side to side and scared to run at a man. Last night summed up with the throw in at the edge of their area which ended up back to Westwood.

No surprise that young coaches have done well over the years 

We've plumped with a journey man. 

13 minutes ago, Ryebeena said:

"Currently managing and has links to us from his playing career. 

Not NP"

Shezza

No. 

Its come one from a good contact who I believe what he tells me. Whether it happens or not who knows, but he seems confident plans are in place. 

Think overall CC has done an ok job but think time for him to move on.

Play offs are the games where a manager proves his worth and weather he can get that edge over the opposition.

We have played 5 games in the play off under him and only played well once and found really lacking at Wembley last season and both times against Huddersfield this season when on paper we had comfortably the better team.

I can see argument about stability but Watford a club we are trying to emulate but getting promoted and staying in the Premier League charge coaches quite frequently.

On 18/05/2017 at 07:07, Saxondale said:

The story a few months ago was that Carlos would be leaving at the end of the season no matter what happens. Due to personal, family reasons he was returning home to his family in Portugal. I think the recent confusion with his contract has been a part of this also. I think in the coming days there will be an announcement of an amicable parting of ways, not a sacking, but Carlos just not renewing his contract. 

To be honest I would like him to stay, it will feel like starting again from scratch if he goes.

And a month later Forestieri wanted to move back down south for family reasons.

He's In The Know you know.

25 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

And a month later Forestieri wanted to move back down south for family reasons.

He's In The Know you know.

:laugh:

You have got a serious problem with me haven't you pal?

Sat for hours digging up posts, get a life ffs.

lol

Edited by Saxondale