Bye Bye Carlos

31 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

If we are to keep Carlos...and on balance we probably should...then we'll need better players, and that's down to Chansiri. Carlos has tried to do a Karanka, and it's not worked. It's just not his game. He's done that because he doesn't think we're good enough to do it any other way. He thinks that playing open attacking football - unless you're parachute - leaves you too exposed. I've criticized Carlos this season, but do we want Pardew? Chansiri will have to find a way of increasing our spending capacity, so Carlos can play his natural game. And we'd benefit once promoted. Knee-jerk reactions rarely turn out for the good.

I wouldn't trust him with any more money. Wasted millions this year. Also if I was a player, I wouldn't sign for him. Still plays the same players from last year, out of position and ruins careers. Rhodes, Winnall, Abdi.........

Carlos was clueless tonight millions sat wasted on bench and when we go 1-0 up tells them blatantly on sky go compact sorry but a good football team like Huddersfield will pick you off.he in my eyes let the best chance of getting promotion wasted.he needs to go ran out of ideas well good ones that is

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, AMB1867 said:

Do we just leave it another season and not blame anyone?

Who do you blame for a higher league position on more points? What is the blame for?! We're moving in the right direction. 

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

Thanks for everything, all the best! 

Huddersfield fully deserved to go through over the two legs. We were second best right the way through. 

Looking forward to hearing what all the happy clappers have to say now!

You sound pleased. Well done.

I'd hate to see him go but Considering he got the job for promising attacking entertaining football yes he delivered it the first season we got to final unexpectedly.

This season hasn't been far from attacking football it's always been from the back slow football get a throw in near edge of area boot it back to deffence instead of challenging their defence. Terrible compared to last. We aren't ready.

The one time we play aggressive and attacking we beat Norwich 5-1 then the week after boring football again. 

I've been bored most times watching this year hoping for better second halfs kept me watching and a lot of time although we have first 10 min in second it soon goes back boring. Which they did last night scored then decided to go on back foot and defend again conceded then couldn't get a grip on game again. 

Bring back aggressive attacking entertaining football and we should be up there at top two next year sit back and we will end up going backwards 

I think he will go in next few days. A mutual decision right for everyone. Carlos wants to go home and we need a change in direction.

What has concerned me all season is that we lack an identity as a team. After 48 games  I genuinely don't know how we want to play or what we're trying to do. It just seems like a side of reasonably well drilled individuals. 

We lack cohesion, fluidity and we look one dimensional.  Hard to beat but not that hard to play against. 

Carlos needs to be respected for how far he's taken us but some needs to come in and take us to the next level now.

10 minutes ago, owls101 said:

I think he will go in next few days. A mutual decision right for everyone. Carlos wants to go home and we need a change in direction.

What has concerned me all season is that we lack an identity as a team. After 48 games  I genuinely don't know how we want to play or what we're trying to do. It just seems like a side of reasonably well drilled individuals. 

We lack cohesion, fluidity and we look one dimensional.  Hard to beat but not that hard to play against. 

Carlos needs to be respected for how far he's taken us but some needs to come in and take us to the next level now.

Very good post.

Mirrors what Keith Andrews was asking last night. He was questioning what we were trying to do with that line-up.

I think Carlos will go.  I think he has done a very good job here, but measured on a purely business scale, which is how his employer will see things, he has had adequate resources when he has asked for them, but in the final analysis has not delivered the required result.  After a discussion with DC, I think DC will look for a replacement.

7 hours ago, Gateford_Owl said:

Awful end to what has honestly been a tiring season. We've been God awful to watch for 95% of the time this season and you just cannot keep playing defensively, playing the percentages and hoping you get the breaks.

Carlos has took us as far as he can and I thank him for his efforts...but I won't shed a tear when he goes.

The right manager with just a couple of tweaks would have had this squad pushing the top two. The fact we've just looked second best (twice) to a Huddersfield team put together on a shoestring (same budget as Rotherham) is purely down to Carlos and his negative tactics.

This was a huge opportunity to get back to the big time...and Carlos blew it.

Bye bye Carlos 

Personally I think all that same budget as Rotherham is Total B*****ks!

8 hours ago, Think tank said:

His negative tactics without doubt have cost us and his inability to address issues with the team from last season.

Feel sick and feel like crying! 

Give credit to Huddersfield they where at it from the start

The story a few months ago was that Carlos would be leaving at the end of the season no matter what happens. Due to personal, family reasons he was returning home to his family in Portugal. I think the recent confusion with his contract has been a part of this also. I think in the coming days there will be an announcement of an amicable parting of ways, not a sacking, but Carlos just not renewing his contract. 

To be honest I would like him to stay, it will feel like starting again from scratch if he goes.

5 hours ago, Daavies; said:

As I said in a different thread, let the dust settle for a few weeks, Re-evaluate and think hard a long about what is the right move taking us forward.

Cant do that I'm afraid. 

Even tho the players go away, pre season starts NOW. Teams like Villa, Leeds, Derby will have already started getting players lined up for next season as they knew they'd be in the Championship again. 

Whatever CC does (I think he'll leave) needs to be decided quickly and his replacement found (from what I've heard it isn't AP, not as high profile as him). 

1 minute ago, Shezza said:

Listening to his interview with Rob Staton last nigh I believe he'll stay. 

If he goes or stays, I hope they make a decision quickly.

I think DC will ensure he knows who's gonna be in charge next season very soon. 

You could argue,that none of his signings apart from FF,have been a success this season. Sasso,Matias,Joao,Emanuelson,Jones,Fox,Abdi,Reach,Winnall,Rhodes,Fletcher,Hunt,Pudil,Buckley,McManaman,Bannan and probably a few more we've forgot about,have all been average at best.

The football this season has been so ponderous and boring.

22 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Cant do that I'm afraid. 

Even tho the players go away, pre season starts NOW. Teams like Villa, Leeds, Derby will have already started getting players lined up for next season as they knew they'd be in the Championship again. 

Whatever CC does (I think he'll leave) needs to be decided quickly and his replacement found (from what I've heard it isn't AP, not as high profile as him). 

Go on, I'll bite......what have you heard?