How will Huddersfield play it on Sunday?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, offalyowl said:

I'd like us to win but most importantly is that we get at least 1 away goal to bring back to Hillsboro 

Serious question. Do away goals count in the playoffs? I didn't think they did!

They'll come at us from the off - as the home side you'd expect that. 

Wouldn't read too much into them ending the regular season poorly, they're a good side. 

If we can come out of the 1st leg unscathed (with a lead and/or clean sheet), we'll be favourites to progress.

11 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

A few years ago people were saying 'it's only bloody Blackpool' in the play offs, or 'it's only bloody Hull' before Windass stepped up. Now we think of Hull as some sort of Championship superpower when they're 'yo-yoing' up and down.

True.

12 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

They will go for it from my the start imo

Wagner will fire them up, because it's the only way to drag them out of the little slump that they're in. It's up to us to match their early intensity, come through it unscathed and then get on the front foot.

This will not be easy. As has been said, they weren't 3rd in the league for good parts of the season for nothing.

If this is the case please can you tell them to start immediately, not after half time   

Happy for us to play on the counter - score to open up the game and we should take from there.

I think our experience of last year will play a massive part in both games and hopefully the final.

21 hours ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

How do we think we will play it, play for a draw or go for a lead to take back to hillsborough 

Just treat it as any other match for me, you start treating games as special or really important and that's when nerves kick in. They're struggling to score so for me we just go and play our normal game. 

We have to be planning on brining a lead back to Hillsborough, why on earth would we do anything else.

They are bound to come at as but as I have mentioned elsewhere - we will win by 6 goals over the 2 legs with Rhodes scoring 4 of them lol

Their iffy form coincided with Izzy Brown being out injured. He came back against Wolves scoring the winner & was rested against Birmingham.

He's their main attacking outlet. Tall, strong & quick. Loves to run at defenders through the middle.

Keep him quiet & they'll offer no threat. Which is why I think Hutch will play in the middle.

4 hours ago, 19owl08 said:

Their iffy form coincided with Izzy Brown being out injured. He came back against Wolves scoring the winner & was rested against Birmingham.

He's their main attacking outlet. Tall, strong & quick. Loves to run at defenders through the middle.

Keep him quiet & they'll offer no threat. Which is why I think Hutch will play in the middle.

Should also add that they have been without Kachunga for the last 4 games. He will be back for Sunday & is their top scorer.