How are you coping

16 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I genuinely don't get this.  People have got a whole series of things going on in their lives: family, work, money, the summer holiday into which the football fits.

When we lost last year, I was disappointed, but the next day long walk with the dog and friends in the Yorkshire Dales.  Life goes on.  Be disappointed again if we lose this year, but that's life: we're clearly at this stage more likely to lose than win, and no point in getting too upset. 

We win, and that will be great, but again life will go on the same. 

No point mortgaging your happiness to relatively trivial things you can't control.

I wish I had your mentality, I really do.

6 minutes ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

I think you have got me all wrong, im definitely not the type of person to have a melt down after a loss. It was just a simple question on how do you calm the nerves? I personally hate getting beat, and ive never really seen success at Wednesday, so yeah im quite nervous. 

Whooooooooosh.

Keep trying and failing to convince myself that another season in the Champ pushing for promotion would probably be more fun than trying to finish fourth from bottom in the Prem.

Edited by SXOwl

work is so busy but I keep looking on OT. it's not helping at all 

lol 

I was stressed out that I'll miss the PO game, but there's nowt I can do about it. So just getting on with it.  

Brighton PO at Hillsborough is probably my fav game in recent memory... 

ill be at Wembley to cheer and sing and shout and bounce. 

31 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I genuinely don't get this.  People have got a whole series of things going on in their lives: family, work, money, the summer holiday into which the football fits.

When we lost last year, I was disappointed, but the next day long walk with the dog and friends in the Yorkshire Dales.  Life goes on.  Be disappointed again if we lose this year, but that's life: we're clearly at this stage more likely to lose than win, and no point in getting too upset. 

We win, and that will be great, but again life will go on the same. 

No point mortgaging your happiness to relatively trivial things you can't control.

A very grown up and philosophical response, for which I admire you sir.

Shame it was bookended by utter gonads lol 

Edited by Owl At Risk

1 hour ago, SXOwl said:

Keep trying and failing to convince myself that another season in the Champ pushing for promotion would probably be more fun than trying to finish fourth from bottom in the Prem.

to right mate ...this could be the last season we have a chance of winning something for a very long time so best just to enjoy it ....if we fall we can look forward to having another go next season and if we succeed we'll have had a good day out at Wembley and the club will be in the money .it's a win win situation .

16 minutes ago, torryowl said:

to right mate ...this could be the last season we have a chance of winning something for a very long time so best just to enjoy it ....if we fall we can look forward to having another go next season and if we succeed we'll have had a good day out at Wembley and the club will be in the money .it's a win win situation .

Absolutely this.