How are you coping

1 minute ago, owlZfan84 said:

I beg to differ.

We never got going, at all. Watch the game back. Yes, Bruce did a job on us, but we never asked any questions offensively. If it wasn't for Westwood it would of been more than 1-0 too. 

We'll right the wrong of last year though, believe you me.

Not in white shorts we won't.

2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I beg to differ.

We never got going, at all. Watch the game back. Yes, Bruce did a job on us, but we never asked any questions offensively. If it wasn't for Westwood it would of been more than 1-0 too. 

We'll right the wrong of last year though, believe you me.

I'd agree with this! Never got going and Hull would have felt unlucky not going in 2-0 up at half time in fairness.

I'm less nervous than I was this time last year purely because I’ve come to terms with the fact that Chanisiri will spend whatever it takes to get promotion. If we don’t do it this season then he’ll financially back Carlos to go one better next term.

Last season’s play-offs were unfamiliar territory for us, much like it is for the majority of the sides in them this season, so that experience will stand us in good stead for me.

Whatever happens, I’m just going to enjoy them knowing that next season I’ll either be watching us challenge at the top end of the Championship, or playing the likes of Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal!

38 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

Easy. I just think about all the people suffering in the world, with terminal illnesses or trapped in a war zone, straving and with no escape, and it reminds me that this is just a game and it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Thats deep. Wasnt expecting that kind of answer! You make a valid point tho.

I'm more nervous this time around, because I'm expecting to go up, feels like there's more to lose and it will hurt more than last time if we don't go up. Last year I was in the 'it doesn't matter, it's a free shot at promotion' camp, but we need to go up this time.

how do I cope with the nerves, spend every spare second on Owlstalk hoping people's confidence will calm my nerves

1 minute ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

Thats deep. Wasnt expecting that kind of answer! You make a valid point tho.

Yeah, it was deep I know, but it's true and it is genuinely how I cope. Don't get me wrong, I spit my dummy out when things aren't going our way at times but win, lose or draw we go back to our lives and continue as normal, in hopefully happy and healthy surroundings.

I'm a glass half full kinda person and try and look on the positives more than the negatives. It's bloody hard work at times though. :manager:

Just now, brett11 said:

I'm more nervous this time around, because I'm expecting to go up, feels like there's more to lose and it will hurt more than last time if we don't go up. Last year I was in the 'it doesn't matter, it's a free shot at promotion' camp, but we need to go up this time.

how do I cope with the nerves, spend every spare second on Owlstalk hoping people's confidence will calm my nerves

Exactly this, last season it was more of a "day out" and if we win, it will be a massive bonus! Yeah I was gutted but I got over it pretty quick, this year I feel like with the players we have signed and the money we have spent, we are meant to go up! 

Guest The Horse

I' ve got this feeling that it's written in stone somewhere for us so I'm quite calm about it. 

Even if we go a couple of goals down and others are going suicidal around me, I'll take a slow sip of whiskey and say 'just watch.'

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

Yeah, it was deep I know, but it's true and it is genuinely how I cope. Don't get me wrong, I spit my dummy out when things aren't going our way at times but win, lose or draw we go back to our lives and continue as normal, in hopefully happy and healthy surroundings.

I'm a glass half full kinda person and try and look on the positives more than the negatives. It's bloody hard work at times though. :manager:

I like you. I think we should be friends. You would benefit me lot. Pm me......

4 minutes ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

I like you. I think we should be friends. You would benefit me lot. Pm me......

Don't believe the lies you've been told. I'm a tw@t to be honest and on release from Broadmoor!

I am much more confident than last year. Over 2 legs, I firmly believe that our starting 11 and more importantly our bench options will see us get past Huddersfield without too many problems.

Come the final, well I personally think that those players involved last year, will not want the same feeling to be replicated again, and our experience in that defeat will push us on. It will not be easy, but as a collective, I think we are more equipped than the other teams in the playoffs to win it.

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

I genuinely don't get this.  People have got a whole series of things going on in their lives: family, work, money, the summer holiday into which the football fits.

When we lost last year, I was disappointed, but the next day long walk with the dog and friends in the Yorkshire Dales.  Life goes on.  Be disappointed again if we lose this year, but that's life: we're clearly at this stage more likely to lose than win, and no point in getting too upset. 

We win, and that will be great, but again life will go on the same. 

No point mortgaging your happiness to relatively trivial things you can't control.

More likely to lose than win.... Mathematically yep we're a one in four chance, but I think we're quite a bit stronger than the others in player quality. Fulham have a some good players, same with Huddersfield and reading, but we' do look better as a whole not just running through 1-11 I think our back up options on the bench is of a higher quality too. 

4 hours ago, Mattytheowl3 said:

I dont know about anyone else but I find it extremely difficult to cope with the build up to probably our biggest 2, hopefully 3 games. All I can think about is what if we loose? How will we set up? How will they set up? what happens if we do loose? So many ifs and buts!? 

What im asking is Basically, how do you cope with this 5h1t, on the lead up to the next few weeks?!

The way I see it we're much better equipped for next season in the championship than we were at the start of this season. We won't have the same injuries to Lee, Hooper and Abdi next season and we've increased our front line options no end with Winall and Rhodes and next season's Championship won't have Brighton and Newcastle in it. Sunderland and Borough are used to losing and Hull/Swansea will be weaker than Hull wear when they went up.

So even if we do fall at the first against Huddersfield or lose out at Wembley I think we'll be competing for top two next season so no need to worry. Enjoy the ride and see what happens.