How are you coping

My life's on hold...nothing else is consuming my thoughts like the playoffs...not even the image of the new French President seducing his drama teacher who is 27 years his senior. That must have been a heaving load of lust in the performance room after everyone else had gone home...and I can't even enjoy the fantasy thanks to the phuckin playoffs.

Question is when you do go up How many will still moan about parachute payments? lol Just enjoy your first season back

1 minute ago, Baggiehy said:

Question is when you do go up How many will still moan about parachute payments? lol Just enjoy your first season back

I'm not doing particularly well, ..I was gettin' nervous at the f.ookin' Fulham game FFS!.....

Its all well and good trottin' down there for a mean nowt match, 10 minutes in you're yellin' at the Ref and hating Cockneys...

Theres no hope really....

I know its all relative, footballs not the be all and end all...yadayadayada, but when your life is pretty much normal and it is JUST the football..its bloody painful.

I still hate the Prem and all it stands for, but ..I'm desperate to get there....bloody hypocrite I am....

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I'm not doing particularly well, ..I was gettin' nervous at the f.ookin' Fulham game FFS!.....

Its all well and good trottin' down there for a mean nowt match, 10 minutes in you're yellin' at the Ref and hating Cockneys...

Theres no hope really....

I know its all relative, footballs not the be all and end all...yadayadayada, but when your life is pretty much normal and it is JUST the football..its bloody painful.

I still hate the Prem and all it stands for, but ..I'm desperate to get there....bloody hypocrite I am....

I've said all year it yea time you'll do this I have faith

6 minutes ago, Baggiehy said:

I've said all year it yea time you'll do this I have faith

You sound like the wife Bags lol...She has that undiluted confidence that it will all work out...We could be 5-0 down to Barca in the nou camp with 5 mins left and she would say...

"If we got one now..........

I just keep thinkin' its "3 wins on the bounce" in the Championship..We can do that..in the Championship..

Then I think..."yea but its the Championship"..."Owt can happen in the Championship"..

Then I pull meself to one side an' say..."Well if owt can happen in the Championship..then 3 wins on the bounce can happen"

Then I start fightin' with meself...

Absolutely scared stiff if I'm honest.

Will be at both legs cheering the lads all the way.

These last 20 years (until recently) have obviously taken its toll and its obviously proving to be even harder than first thought to shake off this pessimism following Wednesday.

I trust Carlos and his staff to get the team ready. Come on boys!

What I think we have this season, is the ability to switch the style about....I'm not sayin' we are gonna win it...I'm sayin'..

If you want to play football, we can do that, if you want to get rough and make it a battle, we can do that..if you want to go long...we can do that...and..

I think we are the one team out of the 4 that CAN f.ook about like that...

unless we just f.ook about...they all can do that...

54 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You sound like the wife Bags lol...She has that undiluted confidence that it will all work out...We could be 5-0 down to Barca in the nou camp with 5 mins left and she would say...

"If we got one now..........

I have no dog in this figh, so, Charity of your choice if Wednesday lose I'll donate a tenner sound good to you boss?

40 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What I think we have this season, is the ability to switch the style about....I'm not sayin' we are gonna win it...I'm sayin'..

If you want to play football, we can do that, if you want to get rough and make it a battle, we can do that..if you want to go long...we can do that...and..

I think we are the one team out of the 4 that CAN f.ook about like that...

unless we just f.ook about...they all can do that...

Exactly, if Fulham and Huddersfield want to try and press us into our own third then at least we can hoof our way out of that

10 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

I genuinely don't get this.  People have got a whole series of things going on in their lives: family, work, money, the summer holiday into which the football fits.

When we lost last year, I was disappointed, but the next day long walk with the dog and friends in the Yorkshire Dales.  Life goes on.  Be disappointed again if we lose this year, but that's life: we're clearly at this stage more likely to lose than win, and no point in getting too upset. 

We win, and that will be great, but again life will go on the same. 

No point mortgaging your happiness to relatively trivial things you can't control.

Absolutely this. I worry myself sick but then my sensible side kicks in and tells me it's only a game and life goes on. Last year I was flying to Portugal during the final. When I got to my villa I found out we'd lost. Absolutely gutted. Had two choices. Ruin my holiday or get on with enjoying it. I chose the latter and had a brilliant holiday with my family. Turned out to be best thing as I was completely shielded from all the aftermath. 

Will still be sh***ing myself next Sunday and Wednesday though. But if it doesn't happen I've got my season ticket ready for August and we go again. I might just stay off here and Twitter for a few weeks though.

11 hours ago, lesbarbeux said:

Can't really understand it.... am MUCH calmer than this time last year! :manager:

Because we have stronger team, we've ended up with more points and the team everyone keeps banging on about weren't that good on Sunday. 

Im all good doesn't mean I will be come kick off. It's still a lottery and Carlos and his lads have still got a job to do!