North West Corner

1 hour ago, Gray1867 said:

We've got to get something sorted for next season in regards to the North West Corner.

We could have filled it a good few times in the last couple of seasons and next season if we go up I'd like to think we'd full it for at least 50% of our home games.

Even if we don't go up I think we'll be challenging for the title plus the grunters coming to town so we could full it quite a few times.

I know Sky use it and we get a lot of revenue from them, but surely we could stick them in a box cause no one can afford them!!

Sure DC has plans in place already, day after a week on Wednesday, watch this space as they say

1 hour ago, darklord said:

Isn't it roofless due to the planning permission as it would block out light for some nearby houses? 

Then how come we got planning permission for the WC revamp?

1 minute ago, darklord said:

Dunno mate.  I read it on here a while back so could well be wrong. lol

Probably why the original design back in '64 didn't get a roof. The only thing stopping us now would be cost (oh and not forgetting SAG).

Once the West stand (and the North West corner) is demolished I envisage a new larger standalone 2 tier stand being built with executive/VIP boxes running between these tiers. The corner could be filled and partially squared off (thus separating the North and new West stand and keeping opposing fans segregated) and could contain stairs/lifts to the corporate areas of the new West Stand and media facilities for the TV companies plus a new control room to replace the one in the South West corner. Boavista's stadium is an example of my thinking but has been done in a very unsympathetic way but I hope you get my drift. Cost is the big issue here like everything else when you try to make significant improvements.

On 08/05/2017 at 19:57, AMB1867 said:

We say this every season.

I think what's more annoying is that not only do we not have access to NW corner, but limited availability in the North, etc.

Agreed, the limited availability on the North Stand with regards to the end block is just f**king stupid.

On 08/05/2017 at 20:35, steveger said:

It wants bulldozing along with the west stand

Brilliant idea if we are promoted, let's make our ground even smaller for our first season back in the top flight in 17 years.

Q-Agree it needs doing and if we don't go up next season would be the ideal time. But as I've said in another thread if we go up we need to sell every seat possible for the 1st season (especially as there is a chance it may only be one season). and then do all the ground up at a later stage. (definetly starting with the West Stand).

On 5/8/2017 at 20:04, The only way is S6 said:

I was under impression that an exec box isn't big enough for Sky & all their people & shyte to fit into?

Couldn't we give them an exec box, if you believe the likes on here there all empty anyways.