North West Corner

We've got to get something sorted for next season in regards to the North West Corner.

We could have filled it a good few times in the last couple of seasons and next season if we go up I'd like to think we'd full it for at least 50% of our home games.

Even if we don't go up I think we'll be challenging for the title plus the grunters coming to town so we could full it quite a few times.

I know Sky use it and we get a lot of revenue from them, but surely we could stick them in a box cause no one can afford them!!

17 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

As posted in another post I have it on very good authority that the west end of the North and the North West corner will be available for use next season following the SAG meeting

Surely it shouldn't be too problematical to revamp the entry to the NWC so that it is available to home fans?

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Surely it shouldn't be too problematical to revamp the entry to the NWC so that it is available to home fans?

There's a seperate double turnstile which is fenced off right next to the turnstiles for entry into the North stand.

2 minutes ago, Gray1867 said:

What is required so we can actually use it again, does anyone actually know?

A moat. Tiger pit and a standing army of 53,000 genetically modified super soldiers.

And a bicycle pump. 

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I wonder how much work there would be in joining the NW corner to the North (with a roof extension) and ensuring there's no access to/from the West?

Isn't it roofless due to the planning permission as it would block out light for some nearby houses? 

20 minutes ago, darklord said:

Will sag allow it to be used.  At present they net of sections of the north even with it empty.  Surely they won't allow fans even closer to each other. 

Plus I thought it had no certificate anymore? 

Defo got a certificate on it. Sag use it as segregation. If it wasnt safe sky wouldnt be in there

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

I was under impression that an exec box isn't big enough for Sky & all their people & shyte to fit into?

They defiantly arnt big enough to fit Beagrie`s head in.  

Honestly it and the West Lower could be opened up to home fans every match next season especially if we go up. Make it category G prices every game, but you can only buy on a match by match basis and only a set amount of times per season that you can buy a ticket for it. Something like that. Then away fans in the West Upper which if used to its full capacity is still over 4,000, plenty for the away team and bigger than many away capacities at other stadiums.

You could argue that when the likes of Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool visit they would sell out the West Lower and NWC too, but with the away prices capped at 20 quid I'd sooner fill the Lower and Corner with home fans for the same price, and for those games the demand would be there. 

Alas, we need to bring SAG around a lot before we're allowed to use all of the seats in our stadium. Sigh..