North West Corner

On 08/05/2017 at 20:04, The only way is S6 said:

I was under impression that an exec box isn't big enough for Sky & all their people & shyte to fit into?

I know a builder who will knock through for about a grand.

I heard this too. I'm sure DC has it all in hand. 

If you ever get the chance to watch French TV covering a match it's hilarious. Wenger, Lizarazu and the commentator squeezed into a phone-box with a single camera and a hand-held microphone.

14 hours ago, Owl droppings said:

Once the West stand (and the North West corner) is demolished I envisage a new larger standalone 2 tier stand being built with executive/VIP boxes running between these tiers. The corner could be filled and partially squared off (thus separating the North and new West stand and keeping opposing fans segregated) and could contain stairs/lifts to the corporate areas of the new West Stand and media facilities for the TV companies plus a new control room to replace the one in the South West corner. Boavista's stadium is an example of my thinking but has been done in a very unsympathetic way but I hope you get my drift. Cost is the big issue here like everything else when you try to make significant improvements.

Would we spend all these millions on a new stand for away fans?

Few points.. 

i know nothing about building so this could be a terrible idea. How hard/long would it be to absolutely flatten the west stand and NW corner and build (even just all temporary structure) to house a few thousand away fans. And get in place something that we could build properly with proper plans to extend etc as and when. I know people are saying that we want every seat sold but if we can sell them what's the point in them. We could try and convince sag just to let us use them all but I feel this would be a longer process. 

Second, I'm led to believe as are others that current exec boxes are too small to house sky. Could we not leave space somewhere if we knocked it down and used a temporary structure. Or even smash two executive boxes together. I'm also led to believe that DC has done this for his own as he didn't feel it was big enough. 

Finally, isn't there other stuff that would also need doing dependant on promotion to the premiership. Hot running water and widened tunnel spring to mind but im not sure why.