Undead rubber

I'd play

any GK

palmer sasso lees fox

Macca semedo bazza buckly 

nuhui winall 

maybe have matias urby (?) hirst on bench with a few regulars 

cant risk injuries or suspensions heading into the last 3 games. 

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its fine margins mate, between being ready and being rusty...I would play Lee for a half, although it looks like he's virtually up to speed already....

Wonder about Hutch and how near he is...

Yep, wouldn't be surprised if we saw Jones come back in too. 

3 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fulham game.

Its kind of beyond a dead rubber. 

Because the result does matter,  but not in the usual way.

A defeat would probably more beneficial. 

Hence the title 'undead rubber '

Can't think of a fixture that was so strange in terms of how to approach it. 

So how do we approach it? :) 

It isn't.

The result doesn't matter, play offs secured...

Put out a decent team and try to beat Fulham. Hopefully get 3rd and play them over 2 legs. I would prefer to take them on over 2 legs because I think we will beat them over 180 minutes of football. Plus I've just realised I have a Fulham account with some purchase history so I might be able to wangle tickets for away leg as well!!

I think this talk of people playing weakened teams to avoid Fulham is laughable. 

Id prefer not to get them, but I doubt any team in there is actively scared of them. They are not world beaters. 

Im confident that we could beat any of the teams in the play-offs if we produce what we are capable. 

Fulham might even want to avoid us over two legs. To do so, they might want to send out their strongest team to try to prevent us finishing third, perhaps?

It would be nice if we did send out a much changed XI and beat their strongest line up, though.

There are a few players who we need to rest and / or make sure that they don't get injured. Westwood and Loovens spring to mind, one or two others probably need some game time Hutchinson McManaman etc.

Carlos will sort it don't worry.

Playing a few reserves didn't harm us in the play offs last year. It made sense.

Besides, our "reserves" are pretty much a first 11 for some sides. If Hooper or another key player got injured we'd be asking why they weren't rested.

This is a chance for Winnall and Rhodes to get some form. Morgan Fox, possibly Hutchinson and Mcmanaman. Our "reserves" are very good.

Edited by Bluesteel

Hopefully we'll finish third so we get to hear Talksport droning on for weeks about how unfair it is that we don't get automatically promoted for being the 3rd best team in the division like Brighton should have been last year.

I mean, they weren't saying it last time just because it was Brighton, surely? :picnic:

3 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

My team for this game:

Wildsmith

Palmer Sasso Lees Pudil

McMannaman Lee Jones Matias

Nuhui Winnall

subs

Westwood

Hunt

Loovens

Bannan

Wallace

Rhodes

Hirst

Would be mental to risk Kieran Lee imo, would be good for him to get more minutes but if he limped off in a game that doesn't really matter, we'd be kicking ourselves 

The rest makes sense though

here's a thought, play the reserves including nuihu and instruct them to kick the sh*t out of any of Fulham's key players. It won't matter if anyone gets sent off and one or two Fulham players might 1.respond and get suspended or 2.get injured. Cynical I know but I bet if fezzy plays they will do the same to him.

3 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

here's a thought, play the reserves including nuihu and instruct them to kick the sh*t out of any of Fulham's key players. It won't matter if anyone gets sent off and one or two Fulham players might 1.respond and get suspended or 2.get injured. Cynical I know but I bet if fezzy plays they will do the same to him.

Yeah but they will be playing their second string as well so we would be just kicking players who won't be playing either. 

A mass brawl would be entertaining though.