Undead rubber

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I do not care who we play, don't fear any of em. I can tell you for a fact that not one of the other 3 will be wanting to play us. So Fulham will try to beat us and reading and udders will be keeping an eye on our result. Stop wetting yourselves about Fulham. 

Exactly this. I've been saying for a while there's a reason Fulham are below us. They're not flipping Barca. 

Think udders will beat Cardiff with a draw or defeat for Reading.

if so a win or loss would see us play Fulham, draw we play Reading. Then again if Udders draw.....oh ffs lets just play the game with a second string and let fate take over!

49 minutes ago, darra said:

Play the same side keep the momentum going and give Westwood the chance to equal the clean sheets record. I'd maybe put Hirsty and Stobbs on the bench and give them 10 minutes at the end score permitting. I'd love us to stuff Fulham because if we lose it'll just give the lobbers more reason to call them the in form side but if we beat them it'll shut them up for good.

It would be silly to get a key player injured in this game

28 minutes ago, selbyowls said:

Keep it going Lets make it 7,then 8,9 and 10

What is our longest winning run?

9 games in 1904  but it's not what's important now. What is is NOT having a key player injured before the playoffs

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fulham game.

Its kind of beyond a dead rubber. 

Because the result does matter,  but not in the usual way.

A defeat would probably more beneficial. 

Hence the title 'undead rubber '

Can't think of a fixture that was so strange in terms of how to approach it. 

So how do we approach it? :) 

Dawn of the Undead Rubber ? WTF:

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Fulham game.

Its kind of beyond a dead rubber. 

Because the result does matter,  but not in the usual way.

A defeat would probably more beneficial. 

Hence the title 'undead rubber '

Can't think of a fixture that was so strange in terms of how to approach it. 

So how do we approach it? :) 

Dawn of the Undead Rubber ? WTF:

50 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

So what a lot of us are saying is:

Fulham are definitely 6th so will play the reserves;

wednesday and Reading and Huddersfield don't want Fulham in the semis so will all play to lose (perhaps not deliberately, but won't try too hard to win).

What message does that send out to Fulham?

Yet there are other posts questioning why the media focus on Fulham as the favourites.

We should go for the win, whilst resting any players with knocks and tiredness. We should show Fulham that we're not worried about meeting them over two more games if that's how it pans out.

I agree, Tamworth. We beat Fulham three times last season, let's do it again. Let them worry about us not the other way round. Certainly don't want to lose so that we play Reading or Huddersfield, that shows fear on our part. There's no guaranteed passage to the final, we've all earned the right to be in the play-offs over 46 matches. Play a weakened team so that players can be rested but play to win. We have the best current form, the best squad, the best fan base and the experience gleaned from last year's play-offs. We should be feared by the others.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Huddersfield are resting players already. Tells us everything we need to know really.

However, I'm not sure resting players for two games is that great. Seems a long time 

Its fine margins mate, between being ready and being rusty...I would play Lee for a half, although it looks like he's virtually up to speed already....

Wonder about Hutch and how near he is...