Who do you want then?

Ideally finish 4th and play;

Huddersfield - Semi

Reading - Final

The only team I really didn't want to play was Leeds, but now they're out of it (lololol) it's only Fulham I would like to avoid. Any on form team that play good attacking football with that 'feel good' factor similar to what we had last season won't be easy. Hopefully Reading can beat them over 2 legs, i'd be very confident with those two matches though would really fancy us to go up. Not sure why but even though we've lost to Reading both times this season I still don't rate them as a serious threat. Likewise with Huddersfield, even though we've beat them twice and for how good they've looked at parts this season, can't believe they haven't dropped out the playoffs.

Comparing this season vs last, last year we were definitely the worst team out of the four. We only beat Brighton because they had a complete meltdown those last 3/4 games, plus Dunk was suspended for the first leg and they had to play the last 25 minutes with 10 men. Re-watched the highlights of the second leg the other day and we could have easily been 3-0 down at HT....and that Hooper 'assist' :ph34r: very spicy. Hull were a much stronger side than us too, even on final day I didn't really expect us to win, I just thought we maybe might sneak it.

This season I would honestly consider us the strongest team out of the four, I think we've got the best squad, best defensive back 5, best strike force and a manager who has done this all before. Surely it's our time!

49 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we probably are the best side, if we finish 3rd it's probably about right. But you know what they say about the favourites in these playoffs :picnic:

So what did you mean by this?

Not looking for an argument pal, just gave you stats about this comment, i may have misunderstood.

don't fear anyone

Brighton were the team to beat last time out......and we did

don't get the fulham love in as their recent form is patchy and they sneaked into the play offs beause leeds imploded

would prefer to meet the strongest team first.

10 minutes ago, MAL said:

So what did you mean by this?

Not looking for an argument pal, just gave you stats about this comment, i may have misunderstood.

Just what I said above, the favourite tag can equate to little but I always see it as the kiss of death. there is always a  media favourite but typically it often plays out differently. Sometimes the favourite is the 6th rather than 3rd placed team that arrived late and it is currently Fulham based on most of the pundits. I'd prefer it that way to be honest.

Youre point about 3rd is correct and I can see why you think I  am referring to it. Historically  they have fared better as  the best side, but then again fifth place does better than 4th too which just shows how difficult it is to call. 

Edited by Bluesteel

24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If Villa, Derby or Norwich were in the semis we would be delighted to face ANY of the current 3 rather than them.

We are in a wonderful position now.

Yep, it really is as good as could really be expected for three play-off rivals. My fear is that this could be the best chance of promotion we will get and I don't want

to get over complacent though I find it difficult not to. 

:manager:

6 minutes ago, ash60s said:

not bothered bring 'em on

(if I had to choose it'd be Orient in semis and Hartlepool in final)

WTF:

Would it be going too far to hope that Orient and Hertlepool suffered a few injuries and a dodgy red?

9 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Finish 4th and play Huddersfield.

Away leg at their place on Sunday midday before a hostile Wednesday night at home. 

Reading in the final. 

Easy. 

This

it's the Championship - anyone can beat anyone - Respect the opposition but don't fear them. We've definitely got the best squad this year whereas last year we probably had the weakest one. 

Pretty sure Fulham will want to avoid us. We bossed them for 75 mins before Christmas precisely by mixing play with long balls turning their defence causing havoc. Their manager knew they'd got away with one and said: "Last year we'd have lost that game 3 or 4 nil".

8 hours ago, Ronio said:

Honestly right now, I consider ourselves as serious contenders for promotion.  

Going to be tough no doubt, but what's new.  Personally I would go full strength against Fulham next week in front of a packed out Hillsboro and show them what we are capable.of.  

Why show our hand?

Just rest key players, and give a run out to those that will benefit from it. Prepare ourselves as well as possible, without trying to gain an unquantifiable psychological edge.

Would be great to finish 3rd or 4th thus playing away on the weekend (obviously selling out our allocation) then back to Hillsborough for the midweek return.  This would be a huge advantage against either of the southern clubs, it would maximise the influence of our fans, I couldn't see either of the southern clubs filling the Upper Lepp midweek.

9 hours ago, Ronio said:

Honestly right now, I consider ourselves as serious contenders for promotion.  

Going to be tough no doubt, but what's new.  Personally I would go full strength against Fulham next week in front of a packed out Hillsboro and show them what we are capable.of.  

Such is our strength in depth,I feel almost any 11 we put out will be strong. 

I think we should pop a fringe player in to give Cairney and that Ayite a couple of 'reducers' as big Ron called them so they aren't as sprightly for the play offs 

:stuwinky: