Who do you want then?

Not fussed who we get,we were happy to get Brighton last season,just to achieve a play off place.

We can beat any of the sides in there,its like the lottery really and we have a ticket.Theyl be hard games,but wer upto the task and we go into it bang in form and playing well.

I think they are all footballing sides which bodes well for us. We will be given space to play our game and I think we have the best chance of making things uglier if we need to.

I don't think the two wins Over Huddersfield really mean much (we beat Hartlepool after they took six points) but Huddersfield seem a bit up and down at present so I'd take them in the semis. Reading and Fulham are both going well so it would be good to eliminate one of them. I'd rather play Reading in the final I think.

Its odd because I think we could be favourites which is new to us. But the playoffs are probably the most evenly contested in a while 

Edited by Bluesteel

50 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think we'll be playing Fulham 3 times in succession TBH. Good side but nothing to fear. Our defence will see us through IMO.

If we do play Fulham, they are at their best when they close down a team playing the ball out from the back. We like to do this given the choice, but I think we're best placed to be more direct if needed.

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

From our point of view, this is an unbelievably good chance to get promoted.

Just 3 games in which we have to effectively win two and draw one, against Fulham, Reading and/or Huddersfield.

I'd actually be more worried if it was the current Villa, Norwich and Derby sides in the play offs 

I appreciate other sides will probably be saying the same about us, but if we wanted promotion this will likely be the best chance we get

Yup. Last seasons playoff lineup was a lot tougher.

This really is our chance. It's only going to get tougher.

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think we will have to beat Fulham to go up. As a result, let's take them in the semis. We are the best side in these play offs. We weren't last season, but we are this season. 

I think we probably are the best side, if we finish 3rd it's probably about right. But you know what they say about the favourites in these playoffs :picnic:

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think we probably are the best side, if we finish 3rd it's probably about right. But you know what they say about the favourites in these playoffs :picnic:

The 4 sides from last year are far better than this year. What an incredible opportunity we have here. 

I think it will be Huddersfield in the semis simply on virtue of my belief that Carlos will prioritise keeping players back against Fulham next week and avoiding injuries. I think he'll consider that more important than pushing for third spot or trying to secure home advantage in the second leg of the semi. I can see the Fulham game petering out as a pretty dull, meaningless draw although the crowd can still have a party.

1 minute ago, Ronio said:

In reality there is no easy way of getting to the Premier League.

Whichever route we take will be just as difficult. . 

I think each season will be just as tough in its own way. We are remarkable in that we have made the top six again whilst other sides tend to make their break for it and may fail the next season. Meanwhile other clubs are building and villa, Norwich and Derby look like they could be strong again next season, with Sunderland looking like they could have big problems. 

After wembley last year I really hoped we could nick a top the spot as the playoffs do feel like running the gauntlet. I think we could've been much closer to the top two and if we don't do it this season then hopefully we can have the resilience that Brighton showed this season.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

I think each season will be just as tough in its own way. We are remarkable in that we have made the top six again whilst other sides tend to make their break for it and may fail the next season. Meanwhile other clubs are building and villa, Norwich and Derby look like they could be strong again next season, with Sunderland looking like they could have big problems. 

After wembley last year I really hoped we could nick a top the spot as the playoffs do feel like running the gauntlet. I think we could've been much closer to the top two and if we don't do it this season then hopefully we can have the resilience that Brighton showed this season.

Honestly right now, I consider ourselves as serious contenders for promotion.  

Going to be tough no doubt, but what's new.  Personally I would go full strength against Fulham next week in front of a packed out Hillsboro and show them what we are capable.of.